Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 03:53 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Yeah, but a 53 year old virgin who is not some kind of monk or priest with a religious conviction is way out of the norm.

While losing your virginity as a young teen may not be a great idea, still holding on to it in middle age indicates a problem in general.
I agree.

These are different ends of the spectrum.

I have known people at both ends. I think that most are somewhere in the middle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 05:14 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Yeah, but a 53 year old virgin who is not some kind of monk or priest with a religious conviction is way out of the norm.

While losing your virginity as a young teen may not be a great idea, still holding on to it in middle age indicates a problem in general.

unfortunately for those of us, because it's been so stupidly decided upon this way by the masses, we will never be able to 'catch up,' even if we wanted to. so why bother.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:16 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
What?! One of the sexiest things a man can do is explain something they're interested in to me. I had a guy friend who was passionate about physics and he was explaining some quantum stuff to me. A lot of it went over my head but it was incredibly sexy to hear the passion in his voice.

One of the BIGGEST turn ons to me is a guy who is studious and interested in bettering himself! Now, if only I could find any of those guys around where I live. All I get are burn-outs and slackers.
The guys who believe women aren't interested in guys who are studious and interested in bettering themselves are seriously clueless about women. But being clueless about women is nothing new here.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:21 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
The guys that I knew, who were highly successful with women, nearly all were able to hone their skills early, on immature and impressionable 14 and 15 year old girls. This gave them the "confidence" to quickly move up to hunting the big game, at a young age. Of course, to be able to do this, they had confidence building attributes - looks, athletic skills and family money. For other guys, missing this opportunity means risking prison to get that experience.
How fortunate for the 13-year-olds. Why does this sound like a date rape scenario? How many 14-year-old girls have sex?

Being successful with women isn't achieved by pushing sex on juveniles. It's about being at ease with the opposite sex, so you have no problem approaching them, talking to them, and talking to them appropriately. This can be achieved simply by participating in activities with girls and getting used to hanging around girls.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:48 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,428,020 times
It is different for everyone. People do different things at different points, have different things work out or struggle in different areas. Some people might date a lot when they are younger, others might wait later, some might get married early, some might have many divorces, some might have none. There is no one set standard, everyone does things a little different. It doesn't really make that much of a difference all in all. Like they say, all rivers lead to the sea.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:54 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
"... severely affects one's ability later on in life" Is that in the limited context of being a 'swinger'?

I am not certain of any 'benefit' derived from putting lots of notches on your belt; as a teen or as an adult.

I dated some in highschool and after, I married at 22 and have been married for 30 years.

It seems to me that guys who work on 'perfecting' their pick-up skills, are the same guys who end up having multiple divorces.

I agree with your sentiment that at 13 I was lacking in confidence around females, I suspect that most 13 yo kids are the same.

How much promiscuous behavior is too much?
I get what you mean... I don't think you need to be a manwhore but at least some dating and kissing in high school. I didn't do any of that **** til after I graduated. The kids who did seem to have it way easier in terms of getting laid or getting dates (depending on whether they want relationships or short little flings).

Old 07-17-2012, 04:27 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How fortunate for the 13-year-olds. Why does this sound like a date rape scenario? How many 14-year-old girls have sex?

Being successful with women isn't achieved by pushing sex on juveniles. It's about being at ease with the opposite sex, so you have no problem approaching them, talking to them, and talking to them appropriately. This can be achieved simply by participating in activities with girls and getting used to hanging around girls.
It also may explain why so many women are so distrustful of men in general from a young age.

I can pinpoint the exact moment I became distrustful of men and it was when I was in the 6th grade..so it can start early.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:33 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Seriously that guy is son of Sam like insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships