Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: have you considered it?
No. 4 30.77%
Of course I have! 6 46.15%
Already have it taken care of. 2 15.38%
Ambivalent. 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 12:20 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,297,491 times

Advertisements

Let me say, first off I would without hesitation. Unfortunately I've met with lots of docs who refused to go through with the process due to my age. I've also held back as well, further down the line say 10-15 yrs from now I'm sure I'd like to sire a child but no time soon.

The older I get I'm just starting to get a bit more paranoid. I don't really need an unneeded burden like a child weighing down my life at the moment. I also don't want to be in a predicament where I have a judge determining my parental rights, I've seen this happen with some great fathers that I know personally. I've been there were the girl poked a whole in the hat, or being with that girl who knows the wall is steadily approaching and targets you, no thanks. Its stressful moments like those that inspired me to to create this thread. I'm curious to see what some of the other fellow forum members have to say about this.

plus there's a poll!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 12:23 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,202,462 times
yes but you dont have to do that u can date older women past child birth age.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:24 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,180,154 times
Oh hell no

Old 07-14-2012, 12:27 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,588,700 times
buy your own condoms, handle them yourself and flush them down the toilet when done. problem solved.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
yes but you dont have to do that u can date older women past child birth age.
but that's not something particularly appealing for say a guy in his twenties, early thirties.

I can see how at a certain age that would work though.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:39 PM

5,697 posts, read 19,098,787 times
Why do certain men play the victim when it comes to unplanned pregnancies? If you don't trust the person you are with, wrap it. Then again why would you want to spend time with someone you don't trust? You have the ultimate control in this matter.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
Why do certain men play the victim when it comes to unplanned pregnancies? If you don't trust the person you are with, wrap it. Then again why would you want to spend time with someone you don't trust? You have the ultimate control in this matter.
that's the point of this thread, taking the proper measures to avoid bad situations.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:22 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,700,060 times
Vasectomies can be reversed.

If you're using terms like "poked a hole in the hat" and "unneeded burden like a child," then you should do humanity a favor and "get snipped" soon.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:31 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,946,280 times
No, I wouldn't. I could end up with someone 20 years younger someday and have my boys I always wanted. I wouldn't do it unless I found a match and she didn't want any children or any more. She would have to be a keeper. No girlfriend would make me do it. I'll need more commitment than that. Like say...the rest of your life.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:38 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,897,718 times
Already have one. I have always been attracted to unpredictable, erratic, narcissistic women with issues. It's exciting.

However, I was smart enough to realize that I would never change the fact that I was drawn to those type of women as well as knowing that ever letting one of them have a child (mine) would be disastrous in terms of the effect it would have on my life goals, dreams and aspirations. So basically, having a vasectomy is an insurance policy. It allows me to have sex with women that are out of control sexually and in every other way, but guarantees that I never get one of them pregnant.

And having a vasectomy is the ultimately lie-detector test when with women in romantic relationships. The key is to NEVER tell them that you have a vasectomy. Eventually, they cheat and are often very good at cheating, until they get pregnant and let you know that they are pregnant. That is where things get fun. You can either make believe that you want to have "the baby" and be together, and convincing them well past the six month mark and then bring up the fact that you have a vasectomy - thus catching them in a lie and bail out. Or, use the eventual cheating and admission of pregnancy as a way to extract yourself from the relationship by letting them know you have a vasectomy and taking the moral high ground when ending the relationship. . . . and acting hurt and emotionally shattered that she would have cheated on you.

Of course in a couple of situations like that, the disordered women that I was with immediately turned the whole thing around and called me a liar - although not mentioning that I had a vasectomy was just an omission of fact and a fact that I never thought one of them should know about. After all "it's MY body" as a man and I should be able to have a vasectomy if I want". . .ha, ha. So, yeah being called a liar while an embryo that was the end result of her cheating was hanging out in her womb - made with the help of annother guy. And then there was one time when I broke up with a human trainwreck and she more than likely had been cheating and she shows up at my house three weeks later, and said she needed to talk to me, and said she was pregnant. That time, I just started laughing and she got suspicsious and asked why I was laughing. I informed her that I had a vasectomy, and had five negative test loads since getting it done and she completely freaked out. She started slapping my face and kicking me and when I ran into my room, she was kicking the door in to get to me and threw a bunch of stuff in my living room. And I opened my bedroom door and told her to stop because she might be "upsetting the baby", and she continued her rampage. My dog was so scared that he ran into another room and hid in the closet. She stormed out the side door of my house and I heard a loud sound when she left. She grabbed a small brick that I had used to keep the side door open before and smashed it into the windshield on my Wrangler and drove off. When women are exposed for what they are and there is no way to deny it or lie more to get out of another lie, they tend to go completely insane. And I love it. Although one of my neighbors saw her smash my windshield, I decided not to involve the authorities since the deductible on my insurance for glass was only $100, and that alone was a micro-fraction of the $40,000+ that I had spent on the little princess during the course of our year and a half relationship (vacations, jewelry, dinners, travel, and everything else she wanted).

Now that one decided to get an abortion - despite years of proclaiming to be a "Christian" and her own claims as being morally superior to other people and having integrity. I loved that aspect of the aftermath as well, because she exposed herself for what she was and has to live with it for the rest of her life. In the weeks that followed the abortion, she was volunteering at a Children's Hospital for some fundraising events that they had. Seriously, that would be like a hunter volunteering at an animal shelter. Ha, ha. Oh, well. She was always a walking contradiction.

Anwyay, my point is. Vasectomies rock because they give a man the ability to have sex and with women that you just know should never have children or would not be a good mother but still enjoy the physical aspects of the relationship without ever having to have any real attachment in the event of a pregnancy, since there would never be one because of you.

And keeping the fact that you have a vasectomy a secret guys is critical to the whole equation. Remember, it's a battlefield out their and intel should never be released unless necessary. This isn't a game of checkers. It's chess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships