Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 10:53 PM

104 posts, read 458,284 times

Advertisements

I met my husband at college. We were both around 40, and we had both gone back to college after many years. Anyway, he was in line in front of me in the snack shack one day, and he was a nickle short. He and the cashier were going round and round about it. Finally, I dug in my purse, pulled out a nickle and gave it to the cashier. He waited outside for me and we began talking. We've been together 10 years now, and when people ask us how we met, I always say, "I bought him for a nickel!!!" Best 5 cents I ever spent!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2006, 12:49 AM

313 posts, read 833,810 times
I met my hubby while working at a pet store. The owners son was coming home on leave after just getting back from a 6 mo deployment in Japan. I had never met him before even tho I had worked there for over a year and he had been home on leave (with his then fiance!) before going to Japan. He was there THE only Sat that I had off in probably my first 6 months of working there.
A guy walked in the store and asked where his parents were and I asked him who were his parents. I knew who he was talking about but I had to be the smart a$$ that I am. I thought he was way hot! We started out flirting like crazy and then we started hanging out in the evenings. I knew pretty much from the moment that I first saw him that he was the one for me! It was so hard to watch him leave when he had to go back to the Marines!
We talked all the time, both online and on the phone. We became very close friends and talked for hours everyday about everything. We met in Bakersfield one Saturday a couple weeks after he went back to San Diego for our first official date. After that he came home on leave to visit a couple times and I went down to SD as often as I could.
His parents decided to close up the pet store, my dad had just been killed by a drunk driver and I was ready for a change of scenery! I packed up my stuff and moved down to SD. I got my apt on my 21st bday and just 6 months after meeting him. We were married 7 months later and just celebrated 5 years in May. He is the one that was made for me and I can't imagine being with any one else!

Old 09-25-2006, 03:13 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,787,703 times
Vicki - Second time you made me laugh! Pos rep for you!!!
Where are you from? (both - grew up & live now) Or is this in that post where everyone said where they've lived?

Alot of these stories are so nice! Maria - stories like yours where you met when you were little are so sweet!

Old 09-25-2006, 03:37 AM

1,126 posts, read 3,853,854 times
Meet my wife 12 years ago after finding her purse at a local restaurant. Been through a divorce previous year had custody of my daughter. Wasn't looking for anyone. Returned her purse. She wasn't home. Left her my sisters number, thought maybe she would just return it for me. She called that night and thought it was my wife on the recording. I Brought it back the next night, all credit cards and money intact. Talked briefly, she had been through a divorce a few years back. Didn't think much when I came, she told her mom I was married (She called my sister). Then I called and asked her out. She asked what about my wife? Said.."huh?" Then I knew what she was talking about and explained it all. She laughed. Well, six months later after we meet we were living together. Married after that. You just never know what the Lord has planned for you!

Last edited by TornadoAlley; 09-25-2006 at 03:47 AM..

Old 09-25-2006, 04:17 AM

5 posts, read 25,124 times
Smile In the internet

We met in March this year, but I live in Brazil, so now we are planning all the arrangements (lots of to be honest) and marry next year in California.

Old 09-25-2006, 06:21 AM

338 posts, read 1,445,102 times
In a roller skating rink -he was a player -he was there with his "girl-friend" - I was the good church going girl- he sent his sister out on the floor to find out my name-later when I went to a bar/dance hall he showed up and asked me if I wanted a drink or a dance- we danced. We met, 6 months later we were engaged and 6 months later married. We have now been married 19 years-3 houses and 3 kids later.....the story continues...

Old 09-25-2006, 12:28 PM

104 posts, read 458,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
Vicki - Second time you made me laugh! Pos rep for you!!!
Where are you from? (both - grew up & live now) Or is this in that post where everyone said where they've lived?
Thanks elfyum (love the name!)!! I grew up in the Los Angeles area (Downey) and lived in the same house for 47 out of 50 years until we moved to Tega Cay, South Carolina six months ago. Love it here!!

Old 09-25-2006, 01:19 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,470,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoAlley View Post
Meet my wife 12 years ago after finding her purse at a local restaurant. Been through a divorce previous year had custody of my daughter. Wasn't looking for anyone. Returned her purse. She wasn't home. Left her my sisters number, thought maybe she would just return it for me. She called that night and thought it was my wife on the recording. I Brought it back the next night, all credit cards and money intact. Talked briefly, she had been through a divorce a few years back. Didn't think much when I came, she told her mom I was married (She called my sister). Then I called and asked her out. She asked what about my wife? Said.."huh?" Then I knew what she was talking about and explained it all. She laughed. Well, six months later after we meet we were living together. Married after that. You just never know what the Lord has planned for you!

That's really cute I should tell my sister to buy some purses and leave them at restaurants, you never know.

Old 09-25-2006, 01:52 PM

1,126 posts, read 3,853,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
That's really cute I should tell my sister to buy some purses and leave them at restaurants, you never know.
.... ....

Old 11-01-2006, 12:02 AM

1,523 posts, read 3,899,735 times
We met on ICQ in Jan 2001. We were just friends though. Then in 2003, I got the chance to go to Germany and the program just happened to be a few km from where he lived. He told me to meet him when I got there. I wasn't going to, but then the program was going to make me live with this utterly insane elderly woman. No thanks. It was Saturday night, so I couldn't get ahold of the program director to complain. I ended up calling my now husband instead out of complete and utter desperation. He was there, knew immediately who I was, and came and rescued me.

Three years later, we are married with a 7 month old who is as cute as a button.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships