Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 12:47 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,670,201 times

Advertisements

So, there's a guy I like, but it turns out that he's super busy with his career. I want more time with him (or whomever I'm with) and he knows that, but he has asked me to stick around and be patient. Should I?

(I'm not even sure what I'd be patient for )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 12:50 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,008,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
So, there's a guy I like, but it turns out that he's super busy with his career. I want more time with him (or whomever I'm with) and he knows that, but he has asked me to stick around and be patient. Should I?

Are you really unsure about this?

"Stick around" as in "don't date other people?" Nah.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Are you really unsure about this?

"Stick around" as in "don't date other people?" Nah.

Yes I'm unsure, because I am attracted to him. He makes me feel something. Which is rare.

I guess give him or "us" a chance?
I don't even know about dating other people. When I tried to talk about that with him he got all weird and defensive. So whatever.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:53 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,779,199 times
Quote:

I was busy the last year working OT at my job and grad school and that turned my relationship last year into a cluster. If a person says they are too busy to date, believe them.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:54 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,895,253 times
To simplify this as much as possible. A Woman will encounter two Men:

One that she likes and cannot access.

One that she doesn't necessarily like outright and always has access to.

The best thing you can do for your sanity is build up a Man into what you want him to be. You can't just wait around for the perfect Man to notice you. You are going to be waiting forever.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:58 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,008,529 times
Busy or not, based on this:

Quote:
When I tried to talk about that with him he got all weird and defensive.
I would not wait around for him to do anything.

Old 08-13-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I was busy the last year working OT at my job and grad school and that turned my relationship last year into a cluster. If a person says they are too busy to date, believe them.
I did believe him! After he made that clear, I figured it wouldn't work out and I lost my enthusiasm. Well I guess he's picked up on that and he's trying to be a little better, and doing a lot of explaining of himself and his busy schedule, etc, and asking if I would be patient and stick around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
To simplify this as much as possible. A Woman will encounter two Men:

One that she likes and cannot access.

One that she doesn't necessarily like outright and always has access to.

The best thing you can do for your sanity is build up a Man into what you want him to be. You can't just wait around for the perfect Man to notice you. You are going to be waiting forever.

Okay, so what are you suggesting I do? I'm confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Busy or not, based on this:

I would not wait around for him to do anything.

LOL

Old 08-13-2018, 01:05 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,034,899 times
I'm leery of the whole "I'm just so busy busy busy" thing right out of the gate.

I may be cynical, but to me it means, "I want to put an excuse in there right from the get-go for when I don't want to fall back on you."

I have dated men who literally were so busy that they were flying from one place to another as much as three times in a week but they still contacted me - while traveling, in the days before cell phones no less - to make sure I didn't forget about them, LOL. IME if a guy wants you he'll find a way.

But if he's putting "I'm so super busy" in place before you've even started anything...yeah. I just wouldn't hang my star on this; I'd keep going out with other people, and if he happens to contact you during a time you're not busy, and you feel like going out on a date with no expectations, then the date happens.

Old 08-13-2018, 01:10 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,691,235 times
What does “super busy” mean? I think each person has different definitions. Are you able to see each other on a regular basis once or twice a week with occasional periods where it might be biweekly or is he so busy that he can’t even see you once a month?

A lot of people seem to want someone who can see them several times a week plus call and/or text daily, when that is not realistic. They may be saying they are “super busy” because that kind of lifestyle is just suffocating them.

Old 08-13-2018, 01:10 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,357,920 times
Maybe some compromise is in order. Meaning, if he wants you to stick it out and wait for his work schedule to ease up, I think it reasonable and fair that he compromise on his end too. Ask him for a bit more time now or ask him if he can commit to spending more time with you, say, in a month or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships