Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 04:14 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,872,469 times

Advertisements

I'm a red blooded American male. I don't question traditional gender roles, but am perfectly fine with a woman working outside the house (even think more of them should). I hunt (shoot animals and eat them), fish, drink beer, watch sports, and will crack a chauvinistic joke while with the "guys", but I don't understand how some fellas can genuinely loathe the opposite sex (based on some of the posts I've come across here).

Do they talk to women this way when they away from their computer? A woman that did you wrong in the distant past in no excuse to be a bitter old man. It's certainly isn't going to attract women, which probably only fuels more misogynistic thoughts and feelings. Having a penis doesn't entitle you to do whatever you please while women are expected to be obedient subjects. These thoughts and behaviors from men truly disgust me. Even moreso than the most militant feminist (they don't reflect poorly on me as a man).

Old 07-13-2012, 04:18 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Misogynists are for the most part guys who have zero luck with the opposite sex, or got screwed over a couple of times and cant get over it. I generalize based on gender at times, but its not to bash women but to share my point of view or present a different angle. As soon as im with a woman though, im reminded how much i love them all, and how each one brings something amazing and unique toi the table.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:21 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Nice post P. I wonder about it sometimes as well, but I must say, there are quite a few women on the board who talk about men in the same way....

Old 07-13-2012, 04:21 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,996 times
The biggest *******s are misogynists and yet they get laid the most.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:28 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I'm a red blooded American male. I don't question traditional gender roles, but am perfectly fine with a woman working outside the house (even think more of them should). I hunt (shoot animals and eat them), fish, drink beer, watch sports, and will crack a chauvinistic joke while with the "guys", but I don't understand how some fellas can genuinely loathe the opposite sex (based on some of the posts I've come across here).

Do they talk to women this way when they away from their computer? A woman that did you wrong in the distant past in no excuse to be a bitter old man. It's certainly isn't going to attract women, which probably only fuels more misogynistic thoughts and feelings. Having a penis doesn't entitle you to do whatever you please while women are expected to be obedient subjects. These thoughts and behaviors from men truly disgust me. Even moreso than the most militant feminist (they don't reflect poorly on me as a man).

Plenty of the clueless young guys here are riding the Bitter Bus. It's a shame.

Makes me want to slap their fathers for not teaching them better.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:34 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Yes, they do talk about women this way as long as women aren't around.

I experienced this all the time at the shops I've worked at... men would be perfect, loving angels around their wives/girlfriends, but the minute they left they would turn into horribly mysoginistic a-holes. Their ladies never had a clue In fact, they used to brag about cheating and their 'mistresses' would show up to bring them lunch and stuff all the time. Those ladies didn't have a clue either

Not all men are bad, not even close. Unfortunately, there's a large portion of them that think of women as nothing but temporary playthings.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:48 PM

652 posts, read 1,052,750 times
I think many misogynists were probably like that before they ever started dating, and their negative experiences just reinforced it. Maybe they learned their attitudes from their fathers...sometimes women can even pass on negative views to their sons. Media influence might contribute to it as well.

Yeah there is more than one misogynist on this board.

Old 07-13-2012, 05:01 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
I find that most male misogynists online are typically upset that equality has not been reached. In other words, they are bigger feminists than women are.

Old 07-13-2012, 05:03 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I find that most male misogynists online are typically men who are upset that equality has not been reached. In other words, they are bigger feminists than women are.
Interesting. Care to elaborate a bit?

The misogynists I know want women back in the kitchen in a subservient role. I've actually had men my age (late 20s) tell me the worst thing that happened to the US was giving women the right to vote.

Old 07-13-2012, 05:08 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've actually had men my age (late 20s) tell me the worst thing that happened to the US was giving women the right to vote.
This is insane. Who are these mooks? maybe they were just showing off and exaggerating in front of you? Do they regret the US giving Blacks the right to vote, too? What charmers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships