Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 08:00 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,805,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
It is a whole hell of a lot easier from where I stand, already in a committed relationship I am thrilled with. But it is hard not to think, thank all the deities that that guy showed his true asshat colors!

To someone, you are the most lovely thing in the world. Inside and out. I know someone who is 300 lbs, has a beard, just not someone I find pleasant to look on. To her husband, she is the most beautiful being in the world.
What?!?!?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Yep, the friend zone is a place where all the nice guys, good guys, gentlemen, doormats and generaly guys without a backbone end up. It perfectly fine to respect women, but some guys forget to respect themselves first. Remember this, women keep their freinds and lovers seperate and for a very good reason. So, if anyone is under iullusion that becoming friends first is a good idea, please snap out of it now.
You're saying 'good guys' and 'gentlemen' do not respect themselves? Elaborate.

Also, I take it that the saying 'the best relationships start out as friendships' and the other saying 'relationships are friendships on fire' are lies?

Old 08-03-2012, 08:07 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
You're saying 'good guys' and 'gentlemen' do not respect themselves? Elaborate.

Also, I take it that the saying 'the best relationships start out as friendships' and the other saying 'relationships are friendships on fire' are lies?
the guys im talking about, put vajayjay and women in general on a pedestal and do not treat them as equals. Its all manipulation to get into their pants, and women see it from a mile away. A guy like that, will respect womans opinion on anything, because he wants to treat her like a goddess, but in the process will freely give up his own set of morals and values, which is incredibly unattractive to women. In fact most women want to barf when a guy like that approaches. Its the guys that never stand up for their own beliefs, because it would upset the woman they're with or god forbid lead to an argument.

As far as saying the best relationships start out as friendships, it also assumes that the guy is clear with his romantic intentions from the get go. If you hook up with a girl and become lovers first, of course becoming friends makes it a stronger relationship. You just cant do it the other way around.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:09 AM

Quote:
the guys im talking about, put vajayjay and women in general on a pedestal and do not treat them as equals. Its all manipulation to get into their pants, and women see it from a mile away. A guy like that, will respect womans opinion on anything, because he wants to treat her like a goddess, but in the process will freely give up his own set of morals and values, which is incredibly unattractive to women. In fact most women want to barf when a guy like that approaches. Its the guys that never stand up for their own beliefs, because it would upset the woman they're with or god forbid lead to an argument.

As far as saying the best relationships start out as friendships, it also assumes that the guy is clear with his romantic intentions from the get go. If you hook up with a girl and become lovers first, of course becoming friends makes it a stronger relationship. You just cant do it the other way around.
Well, then you're not talking about 'good guys' and 'gentlemen'. You are talking about guys who basically are *******. Next time... be more clear about what you speak of because you trashed all men who are gentlemen... myself included.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:19 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times
Women get placed in the friendzone or the sex zone for different reasons. it's not always strictly looks, there's a lot of very attractive women who are just some guys friend or his FWB.(I mean they've made 2 movies about this in the last 3 years).
So I'm tired of women saying "he only wants me for sex or he only wants me as a friend because I'm not pretty enough"

Does that happen at times? Yes but not all the time

Old 08-03-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Well, then you're not talking about 'good guys' and 'gentlemen'. You are talking about guys who basically are *******. Next time... be more clear about what you speak of because you trashed all men who are gentlemen... myself included.
Oh, youre probably just another CD white jknight, who confuses being a gentleman with being a doormat. Its alright, its pretty common on cd relationship forums.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Oh, youre probably just another CD white jknight, who confuses being a gentleman with being a doormat. Its alright, its pretty common on cd relationship forums.
Sorry, I know the difference and I know which one I am but thanks anyway for playing.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Sorry, I know the difference and I know which one I am but thanks anyway for playing.
Good for you then. Now go out and get some mr.gentleman. We all know chivalry goes a long way in todays dating world. btw, i am a gentleman myself, when its appropriate and deserved

Old 08-03-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Good for you then. Now go out and get some mr.gentleman. We all know chivalry goes a long way in todays dating world. btw, i am a gentleman myself, when its appropriate and deserved
That I am doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships