Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 08:18 AM

748 posts, read 1,314,213 times

Advertisements

Dating is so hard!! You meet, you exchange phone numbers, you get to chatting/texting, he says: "when are you free this week? I'd like to take you out for dinner and drinks" I give him my nights off, we agree on a day and then nothing, no plans

Next day, 2 days prior to our agreed upon day, I ask him where are we going, he says anywhere is fine ooookay... would it be easier for me to come to your neck of the woods? and he says I can meet you where you are... cool... I say what do you feel like eating then? I am easy anything is fine!!! OMG!!! MAKE A LITTLE EFFORT!!! YOU intiatiated this!! YOU asked me out!! If YOU asked me out, YOU should make the plans, at least tell me what time!!!

Finally I say, if you are too busy let's reschedule, he says no, no, I want to take you out!! well... I am still waiting... jeez, I am easygoing, I am not picky, nor do I need wooing, candle-light dinner, flowers or anything like that... all I ask is for him to make a little effort, that is all...

When I ask people out, I plan it, I let you know when, where, what time, and I pay for it. I am inviting you out!! I am specifically asking you to set a day aside to meet me, so WHY would I not plan it, OR at least let you know to reschedule... jeez... sorry I just needed to vent... glad to be back...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 08:21 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valeeighty2 View Post
Dating is so hard!! You meet, you exchange phone numbers, you get to chatting/texting, he says: "when are you free this week? I'd like to take you out for dinner and drinks" I give him my nights off, we agree on a day and then nothing, no plans

Next day, 2 days prior to our agreed upon day, I ask him where are we going, he says anywhere is fine ooookay... would it be easier for me to come to your neck of the woods? and he says I can meet you where you are... cool... I say what do you feel like eating then? I am easy anything is fine!!! OMG!!! MAKE A LITTLE EFFORT!!! YOU intiatiated this!! YOU asked me out!! If YOU asked me out, YOU should make the plans, at least tell me what time!!!

Finally I say, if you are too busy let's reschedule, he says no, no, I want to take you out!! well... I am still waiting... jeez, I am easygoing, I am not picky, nor do I need wooing, candle-light dinner, flowers or anything like that... all I ask is for him to make a little effort, that is all...

When I ask people out, I plan it, I let you know when, where, what time, and I pay for it. I am inviting you out!! I am specifically asking you to set a day aside to meet me, so WHY would I not plan it, OR at least let you know to reschedule... jeez... sorry I just needed to vent... glad to be back...
Interesting. A couple of days ago i posted that its a guys responsibility to make plans for first few dates, have a plan and be able to convey it to his date. I got yelled at by entire CD female population. Im confused, which is it then?

Old 08-03-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Interesting. A couple of days ago i posted that its a guys responsibility to make plans for first few dates, have a plan and be able to convey it to his date. I got yelled at by entire CD female population. Im confused, which is it then?
I do not agree with you... it is not ONLY the guy's responsibility to plan for dates... it is the responsability of the person asking you out on a date.

For example: YOU aske me out, then YOU are responsible to make plans. if I ask you out, I am respondible to make plans...

but YOU are not responsible ALL the time... that is just dumn on the other's part for waiting on you all the time, and rude on yours for assuming he/she is not capable of planning something for the two of you.

JMHO...

Old 08-03-2012, 08:28 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Maybe he's more of the spontaneous type, darling. You know, like, just do what seems fun or interesting that day. Some people are not big planners when it comes to fun. I am this way (and yes I know it's not always ideal). He did already tell you that you were going to see each other that specific day. Why does it matter so much what you do? Are you afraid he's going to cancel/flake? You can only find that out when the date comes, whether there's been plans made or not.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Maybe he's more of the spontaneous type, darling. You know, like, just do what seems fun or interesting that day. Some people are not big planners when it comes to fun. I am this way (and yes I know it's not always ideal). He did already tell you that you were going to see each other that specific day. Why does it matter so much what you do? Are you afraid he's going to cancel/flake? You can only find that out when the date comes, whether there's been plans made or not.
I don't care what we do, but at least let me know where to meet and what time... or if you want to pick me up... or I can pick you up... I am a very busy person, my schedule is packed full, and he is very well aware of this... I can't just wait around sitting in the couch waiting for him to show up!

Old 08-03-2012, 08:50 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
I don't care what we do, but at least let me know where to meet and what time... or if you want to pick me up... or I can pick you up... I am a very busy person, my schedule is packed full, and he is very well aware of this... I can't just wait around sitting in the couch waiting for him to show up!
Hmm, okay.

I'm kind of laid-back like that guy so I don't know. *shrugs*

I'm sure he'll say something!

Old 08-03-2012, 08:56 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I immediately thought of that when I read this. lol.

Val, I definitely agree the asker should plan (and confirm with asked). Drives me crazy when one person won't contribute.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:56 AM

144 posts, read 201,076 times
I don't know but on all my meets online, I get to pick where we meet. Then we agree as to when. It's not really rocket science on my part I guess.

There are guys that suggest a place to meet but I am firm on where my first meets should be. They have no prob with it, coz I met a lot of guys online. Only 1 lasted for 4 months. lol.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:58 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,543,882 times
Quote:

Find men rather than boys to date and it may go differently.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
Find men rather than boys to date and it may go differently.
LOL!! you would think a 34 year-old male, would behave like a man and not a boy... that goes to show you, age is nothing but a number... it means jack when it comes to behaviour
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships