Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 06:29 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think you guys are being a little harsh on the dude for the spelling.

I think overall he seems like a decent guy, based on his posts here.

I'm all for a good natured ribbing, but come on people. Jeeze.....

Let's judge the man for the content of his character.... as Dr. King would say......
I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 07:18 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think you guys are being a little harsh on the dude for the spelling.

I think overall he seems like a decent guy, based on his posts here.

I'm all for a good natured ribbing, but come on people. Jeeze.....

Let's judge the man for the content of his character.... as Dr. King would say......

It doesn't bother me at all I was running back & forth when I started this things grammer Nazi's are every where I guess that some people just can't help hiding thier imperfections by jumping others. Life is too short to worry about what a few arse's think of me.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:33 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
It's not the sex It's the sitting on the couch watching TV or a Movie or laying in bed talking or just goofing off some where. Going out to eat with someone holding hands, Etc. Okay I Do miss the sex but not as much as the other things I listed. This starting over thing sucks arse even more so when you have been out of the game for so long. Good luck to you as well.
Finding someone new who can quickly except your bad habits and breath...who sees you at your worst and is use to it...or that wayward fart unrestrained...these things take time and work- lol. Plus my pretty perfect male body is changing....a wife over a period of time does not see the change-- Being older is irksome..the ease of youth is gone..

What you write about is what I miss also...This is the first time I have lived alone - Have been with a woman since I was 18....Being away from my wife for four years now...one thing was nice- I could go to her place-- I could take a bath...have a nap...cook and eat with her- watch some TV....kiss...talk...and then she would throw me out - lol.. The game is not over yet...sounds like you are getting use to being alone- don't..

There is a thing such as love at first sight...fate provides an opportunity but you have to be very very quick...The other day I was going into a place to get something to eat....as I was coming in - she was coming out.....The perfect stature...a slightly older natural blonde with pale blue eyes..and a beautiful face...My dream girl....Our eyes locked for a moment - as if she knew me and I had know her forever...I saw approval and recognition in her eyes...The moment passed and we passed .....THESE are the moments...that will come- IF I see her again..which I might- I will stop and talk to her...

I think that God does provide..and some treasure you earn....but as you get older.......you have to be quick...love is there but it is fleeting...I just thought of this concept as I was writing...That is what is different now....When you are young time passes slowly---being mature it passes like a lightning...You have to be quick...Like an old tiger that does not have the endurance for the chase- If you are hunting...you must now pounce.... I may have hit the nail on the head....time...we don't have time....so do not take your time.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:37 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,159,256 times
I haven't read any of the comments here, but just a thought ...

Don't talk about your divorce, your ex, or go on and on about her, or trash her- you'd be surprised how many men do this ... I've met quite a few men that trash their ex so bad, it's unsettling. Most women HATE that. If she asks, or tries to dig, say, "I'd rather focus on our date, not my past marriage".

Just go, have fun, relax, let it naturally flow, and enjoy ... it's a date, not a commitment.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
How did the date go, Reed? Did you sneeze fettuccine morsels into her cleavage?
That is pretty funny...I am still laughing..then I stop and imagine the sneeze again and laugh again...thanks.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post
I haven't read any of the comments here, but just a thought ...

Don't talk about your divorce, your ex, or go on and on about her, or trash her- you'd be surprised how many men do this ... I've met quite a few men that trash their ex so bad, it's unsettling. Most women HATE that. If she asks, or tries to dig, say, "I'd rather focus on our date, not my past marriage".

Just go, have fun, relax, let it naturally flow, and enjoy ... it's a date, not a commitment.
Good advice.... If you harbor any "hate" for the ex...you will never succeed with the next. Make sure that you have shaken off any negative feelings about the former mate...besides- no one really hates their ...when you love ,,,love is forever...but sometimes - a time comes when you are not supposed to be with that person anymore- the good thing about spending time alone is that you remember and re-discover who you were and who you are.

Be a bit more tender if your past comes up..."I really don't have any bad feelings about my ex..there is not a lot to talk about ...........................OTHER THAN THE FACT SHE RUINED MY DAMNED LIFE.......LOL..

My oldest daughter just turned 30 or was it 29...I forget...she is a career type and does not date often...when she mentions she has a date...the only thing I say to her is "Don't expect anything...make sure you enjoy their company...don't have expectations...just enjoy- that is what it is all about".

We all know what quality is...the enjoyment - the joy of good company...the rest - let nature take care of that/

Old 08-04-2012, 09:57 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Finding someone new who can quickly except your bad habits and breath...who sees you at your worst and is use to it...or that wayward fart unrestrained...these things take time and work- lol. Plus my pretty perfect male body is changing....a wife over a period of time does not see the change-- Being older is irksome..the ease of youth is gone..

What you write about is what I miss also...This is the first time I have lived alone - Have been with a woman since I was 18....Being away from my wife for four years now...one thing was nice- I could go to her place-- I could take a bath...have a nap...cook and eat with her- watch some TV....kiss...talk...and then she would throw me out - lol.. The game is not over yet...sounds like you are getting use to being alone- don't..

There is a thing such as love at first sight...fate provides an opportunity but you have to be very very quick...

At 44 I understand where your coming from while I'm no spring chicken I'm not getting any younger either. I had one of those love at first sight myself some 20 years ago & I didn't act on it. I tried to get it back & it was long gone. She had changed & I had not. Yes getting older is scary because time is limited as you get older. It's intresting as you get older you miss the simple things about being with someone. When I was younger I used to see older couples in thier 60's & up sitting in a resturant & hardly talking to each other. I get it now just having them close can some times be more then enough. I don't believe that none of us really want to be alone, we might act like it or tell others how being alone is better but I personally don't believe it. I do believe we need some alone time after being married or with someone after so long. We might need to regroup or time to clear our head & heal. I've only been alone for just over a year so it hasn't been to bad.... yet.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:13 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
It doesn't bother me at all I was running back & forth when I started this things grammer Nazi's are every where I guess that some people just can't help hiding thier imperfections by jumping others. Life is too short to worry about what a few arse's think of me.
You might give it a try. If we've noticed how atrocious your spelling is so have other people. Important people. People that matter more than anonymous a-hats on the internet. Maybe, gasp, dates! WYLF! Your choice. Take on some constructive criticism and maybe set to improving yourself and your outcomes or ... not.

H

Old 08-07-2012, 10:21 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
You know, I really have to admit, I thought the whole "unrealistic dating expectations" thing was a woman thing. In this one thread alone, however, there are three, maybe four, guys that expect nothing less than a Swedish Supermodel to sweep them off their feet and from the sound of it they aren't using the standard bait that the successful blue water pick-up artists swear by: high net worth. I mean... what's up with that?

H

Old 08-07-2012, 11:54 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Reed, when's the second date?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships