Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 05:41 AM

1 posts, read 10,673 times

Advertisements

My husband says I'm the only beautiful and attractive woman for him. He says he found other women attractive before me,but after he had feelings for me he only has eyes for me.His friends and some of my relatives also trust that he is telling the truth.But in fact I can't trust him.I've never seen him commenting on any women or looking at any women.And his friends say he never comments on women and he never looks at them.Is it possible?I've made a search on the net and I've found some men telling the same things.They say they only find their partner beautiful.Could it be true?In fact my husband is the only handsome man for me,but to think like that is possible for me because I'm female.Is it possible for a male to find only one woman beautiful?What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 05:49 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
IF your truly love someone you tend to see them with rose-colored glasses so yes it is possbile. In your eyes that person becomes the most handsome/beautiful person in the world. And that's the way it should be at least I think so.

Old 08-04-2012, 06:16 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times
Depends on your definition of what he is saying.

It is possible to really only feel the deep love and attraction one feels when in love with one person, even if you find other people good looking. What he is probably saying is that despite the number of generally attractive people in the world, his eyes are on you, he is especially attracted to you not just because of your physical beauty, but because he is mentally/emotionally attracted to you too.

Old 08-04-2012, 06:40 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,918,853 times
OP, he's probably just trying to make you feel good. In my opinion, you may be the only woman he loves, but you most definitely aren't the only woman he finds attractive/hot.

Last edited by bicoastal10; 08-04-2012 at 06:53 AM..

Old 08-04-2012, 06:45 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times
I believe a small number of people's minds work this way, so he could be one. People are more or less monogamous, so he may be one of the moreso.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:03 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times
How old are you? I can honestly say that when I was with the guy I consider to be the "defining relationship" of my life in my mid-20s, the two of us didn't look at anyone else for the year we were together. Oh, we'd flirt with other people just for fun, but only if they made the first overture. We called it "staying in practice."

When we broke up, it took both of us a long time to develop a true attraction to another person. It was very very strange. I can pretty much guarantee you this is a passing phase on the part of your husband (it would have been for my ex and me if we had stayed together), but it's very sweet and you should enjoy it while it lasts. (While, of course, recognizing that realistically it is unlikely to be maintained forever.) Maybe it WILL last forever, but I think it's normal for anyone to recognize the beauty of the people around them, even if they're married or in a committed relationship.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:06 AM

144 posts, read 201,030 times
Is it possible to find only one woman beautiful or only one man handsome

it is true for me. When I am truly, madly, deeply in love I don't see any1 but my beloved. And I'm a face person.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:18 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,918,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
How old are you? I can honestly say that when I was with the guy I consider to be the "defining relationship" of my life in my mid-20s, the two of us didn't look at anyone else for the year we were together. Oh, we'd flirt with other people just for fun, but only if they made the first overture. We called it "staying in practice."

When we broke up, it took both of us a long time to develop a true attraction to another person. It was very very strange. I can pretty much guarantee you this is a passing phase on the part of your husband (it would have been for my ex and me if we had stayed together), but it's very sweet and you should enjoy it while it lasts. (While, of course, recognizing that realistically it is unlikely to be maintained forever.) Maybe it WILL last forever, but I think it's normal for anyone to recognize the beauty of the people around them, even if they're married or in a committed relationship.
How do you know any of this? You don't know what he was doing.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:21 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,923,439 times
Quote:
Is it possible to find only one woman beautiful or only one man handsome ?
No.

Anyone who says it is possible is either blinded by love/lust in the early stages of a relationship, or a liar.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:12 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,346 times
Its called a white lie. WHy do you care, are you that insecure that you need for that to be true?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships