Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 12:38 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,112,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I know you're a human and no you cannot help it that you're attracted to them. I could see if you thought these really cute guys would give you a chance OR you thought they were attracted to you as well -- but they're not really thinking about you so I guess I don't see the point of getting up in arms over them to the point of you can't speak or whatever. I work with attractive men and I don't pay them any mind because they aren't paying any attention to me either. That's how I see it.
wow that is a real low blow doll eyes. jeesh. do you have to trample on my self esteem even more? i've managed to pull ONE really hot guy in my life before, yeah he just wanted sex & treated me crappy but I don't think that I am downright ugly to the point that I should shut off all of my emotions towards men who are very attractive. I still think I have potential to be more attractive I just need more money and resources.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:41 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,714,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
wow that is a real low blow doll eyes. jeesh. do you have to trample on my self esteem even more? i've managed to pull ONE really hot guy in my life before, yeah he just wanted sex & treated me crappy but I don't think that I am downright ugly to the point that I should shut off all of my emotions towards men who are very attractive. I still think I have potential to be more attractive I just need more money and resources.

you sit up here and make thread after thread and post after post how you're not attractive, not attractive, not attractive. Majority of men do not like you, etc. I direct a post using the info you provided on this forum and now you want to blow up over it? I don't care about 'boosting somebody's self esteem,' I'm not a life coach. I was telling you my honest opinions on the matter. Listen nyanna if you think you have the potential to be attractive more power to you, good luck with that. I don't care anymore.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
But you know nothing about them except they are physically good looking they can be jerks for all you know..dont put people on a pedestal because they were born good looking..They simply were lucky enough to be born with good genes they are not superior beings that you arent allowed to talk to..
No I don't put them on a pedestal at all. It's just that when you are attracted to someone it does something to you...i can't explain it. I don't feel this way around good looking men in general just the ones that I am strongly attracted to/have a crush on

Old 08-05-2012, 12:42 PM

102,127 posts, read 107,402,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
How should I gauge my present day situations, generally the women I attract are easily a decade plus older than or Much younger than I?

Woman A is 40+ (from those that seem energetic to those that appear Extremely conservative)
Woman B is 19-23 (all walks of life)

Attending a gallery or strolling downtown Woman A and B may grace me in some fashion.

If those that approach you hint at your league where does this leave me??
Admittingly I catch hell from buddies, most importantly I find it odd.
Do you look younger than your age? The young ones may be approaching you because they think you're their age, and the older ones may be hitting on you because they're looking for some fresh young meat. This happens to women, too. People with baby faces can have a hard time getting the attention of people their age.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
But how would she know if she never takes the chance? If they say no so what move on its not gonna kill her..

didn't I just say she should try it if she hasn't? All I said was if she thinks she will get 'bonus' points from men just because she approaches them, that's not going to happen if they didn't like her enough to approach her, they aren't going to like her MORE because she approaches them. If she understands that much, then go ahead and approach them.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:43 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,495,521 times
Quote:
Since its hard for women to know what league they are in because very good looking men often lower their standards for sex...what are other ways for a woman to know what type of guys are in her league??
Honey, you need a hobby.

You have WAY too much time on your hands

Old 08-05-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
you sit up here and make thread after thread and post after post how you're not attractive, not attractive, not attractive. Majority of men do not like you, etc. I direct a post using the info you provided on this forum and now you want to blow up over it? Listen nyanna if you think you have the potential to be attractive more power to you, good luck with that. I don't care anymore.
yeah but you're getting mean and telling me its pointless for me to have an attraction to good looking men because I am not a ten. i've said before that I am just average looking, not ugly. there are days where I do think I am ugly though.

I'm being truthful when I say most men don't want me. every now and then a guy likes me but its no where near as often as "hot" girls

Old 08-05-2012, 12:47 PM

5,313 posts, read 6,088,798 times
Quote:
Why not give an average guy a chance? not an ugly dude just a decent lookig average guy who might treat you well and you can grow to be more attracted to?

Old 08-05-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
yeah but you're getting mean and telling me its pointless for me to have an attraction to good looking men because I am not a ten. i've said before that I am just average looking, not ugly. there are days where I do think I am ugly though.

I'm being truthful when I say most men don't want me. every now and then a guy likes me but its no where near as often as "hot" girls

Because it is IMO, it's a complete waste of time if you're not an 8,9, 10 yourself. I am 'average looking' too, but that doesn't mean I waste my time pining after men that are way out of my range. You don't have to buy into it, those are my thoughts on the matter. Take it or leave it.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Why not give an average guy a chance? not an ugly dude just a decent lookig average guy who might htreat you well and you can grow to be more attracted to?
if one approaches me I will give him a chance. but I find average men can be just as selective as the super good looking men
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.