Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 10:02 PM

348 posts, read 549,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
well if the good looking/attractive men aren't interested in you also if they tend to pay more attention to your female friends (that you consider to be less attractive then you) that should give you a clue as to where you fall.
Possibly, but it could be the female friends don't have a crappy attitude.

I have had a few female friends through the years who get hit on more than 'hotter' girls because they give off a more welcoming vibe. Many guys will pass on the hot girl with the snotty look on her face and go for the cute girl with personality.

Of course, I do have a few female friends who think that guys don't hit on them because they are intimidated, but that's a whole other story.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:23 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVanNostren View Post
Possibly, but it could be the female friends don't have a crappy attitude.

I have had a few female friends through the years who get hit on more than 'hotter' girls because they give off a more welcoming vibe. Many guys will pass on the hot girl with the snotty look on her face and go for the cute girl with personality.

Of course, I do have a few female friends who think that guys don't hit on them because they are intimidated, but that's a whole other story.

that is the excuse given on CD all the time. It wasn't fooling me yesterday and it's not fooling me today. Whatever. They will date the 'bitc*y nice looking girl' over the 'fat really FRIENDLY girl' any day of the week. Only on here do they make it out to be that these nice looking women with sh*ty attitudes sit home alone because guys don't want them. Yea right.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:31 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,305,963 times
Quote:
that is the excuse given on CD all the time. It wasn't fooling me yesterday and it's not fooling me today. Whatever. They will date the 'bitc*y nice looking girl' over the 'fat really FRIENDLY girl' any day of the week. Only on here do they make it out to be that these nice looking women with sh*ty attitudes sit home alone because guys don't want them. Yea right.
its not an excuse, its reality dear.

a better term for "nice" girl would be "emotionally balanced". If a woman is sitting home alone, you know what? That's her problem, you aren't entitled to a good relationship but you can work your way towards one (if that's what you want). You can't be a victim of you're own generalizations forever dear.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:37 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
I'm in a league of my own.

Why would I give a rat's patootie about stuff like that?

I'm just curious.... considering you asked this question - what would you do with the answer?

Old 08-04-2012, 10:41 PM

348 posts, read 549,734 times
Quote:
I was careful with my wording for a reason.

"Many guys will pass on the hot girl with the snotty look on her face and go for the cute girl with personality."

I didn't say "fat", I said "cute" because you're right...often a guy will go for the snotty hot girl over the friendly fat girl.

It is often harder for an overweight/obese girl in that many guys prefer thinner women. I'm not going to state otherwise. All I'm saying is that, yes, looks are important to men, but attitude can carry a long way.

As I've often said, I have a female friend who is overweight and dates a lot because she gives off a positive vibe. I have a female friend who is overweight (and has a cuter face) who rarely dates because she's an entitled b**ch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
its not an excuse, its reality dear.

a better term for "nice" girl would be "emotionally balanced". If a woman is sitting home alone, you know what? That's her problem, you aren't entitled to a good relationship but you can work your way towards one (if that's what you want). You can't be a victim of you're own generalizations forever dear.
Agreed.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:28 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,505,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Since its hard for women to know what league they are in because very good looking men often lower their standards for sex...what are other ways for a woman to know what type of guys are in her league??
League system is made up. I don't believe in it. Others do.

You may find a guy very good looking but others may not.

For girls, it is pretty much standard. If she is pretty then most guys will find her pretty also.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Nah, I'd rather not. I would probably crumble into a thousand pieces.
Honestly is the best feedback you can get. Work to improve your looks. Do you work out and eat healthy?

Old 08-04-2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yeah, it's not a good feeling. Especially when they're using other female coworkers as examples of why I'm not attractive.

'Oh, but Sarah has such a nice butt, she's obviously an 8. You, on the other hand, don't. You're a 3"

"Angie has great boobs, not too big, not too small, yours are too big, she's a 7 you're a 4"

Etc etc.

It wasn't a great day, let's just say that.
Honest is the best feedback though. If you are confident then it should not bother you right?

Old 08-04-2012, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Blow 'em off, Jet. What disgusting jerks, debating it right in front of you. I don't know how you've survived all these years. But it's almost over. I hope things go better in Sacramento and the Bay Area. Give it time.
California is one of the most fittest states in USA and Hollywood is there plus it is the headquarters of plastic surgery.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
I would have gotten angry and cursed them out. That's just me.

After reading what you went through it's making me hate men.
Nah, don't do that. Be classy and ignore them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships