Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 05:40 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,724 times

Advertisements

I love it when he knows just the right time to send a "thinking of you" text.

I love it when he always makes the best out of any situation.

I love it when no matter what type of day that I'm having, he can just smile at me and I feel better.

And I love it when people who complain about not having/finding love post and prove just why they are in that situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 06:13 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,721,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Thought I would make a thread about the little things.

I always love when for whatever reason, I can't sleep the night before, so I leave him a sweet little note for when he gets up in the morning. When I wake up, and go to pour the coffee he has made for me the note has been moved.

Now it is next to my coffee pot, flipped over. His note back to me facing upward now.

What do you love?
I do this for my wife quite a lot. She likes it, too.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:16 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,152,398 times
Default I always love when.....

She's there.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:02 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,191,933 times
My late DH use to leave me notes all around the house telling me how much he loved me. Almost 10 years for me too.

He would fix me dinner if I had to work late.

He would iron his and my clothes in the AM for work, even if mine didn't really need to be ironed.

He would send me flowers for no reason.

He treated my grandchildren as his own. He was kind and gentle.

We laughed and cried together at movies.

After he died I found little 'I love you here too' notes all over the house.

I had to smile because when I first saw him at a bar dancing, I knew I wanted to be with him. At the end of the night he asked me to breakfast. The rest as they say is history.

Last edited by Keeper; 08-09-2012 at 07:33 AM..

Old 08-09-2012, 07:08 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
I guess I am one of the few people that really enjoys 'the little things'....... =)
Naw.
I love waking up on the couch to find a blanket over me.
Or getting ready for work and finding all my clothes folded and ready.
Or when a book is released that I want to read and I have forgotten all about it, but then she bought it for me and it's waiting on the table.
Or when I'm working nights and my only job is to sleep and go to work.

It's the little things people can do to make your life simple and easy and worry-free that really mean a lot if you think about it.
And if you remember how much someone does for you out of simple thoughtfulness, it is so easy never to fight or snark or get all up in arms about little slights you may perceive.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:08 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
My late DH use to leave me notes all around the house telling me how much he loved me.

He would iron his and my clothes in the AM for work, even if mine didn't really need to be ironed.

I had to smile because when I first saw him at a bar dancing, I knew I wanted to be with him. At the end of the night he asked me to breakfast. The rest as they say is history.
Sounds wonderful, Keeper, and I must say, it brought tears to my eyes about the notes you found after his passing...

Old 08-09-2012, 07:14 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,194,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
My late DH use to leave me notes all around the house telling me how much he loved me.

Awwwwww

Wherever he is now, he's probably watching you with a .

Old 08-09-2012, 10:21 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
My son is a soldier. He left on a deployment in the middle of the night, his wife was sleeping. In the morning she found he had left her a heart with their initials and I love you, written in flour on the counter.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:23 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
My son is a soldier. He left on a deployment in the middle of the night, his wife was sleeping. In the morning she found he had left her a heart with their initials and I love you, written in flour on the counter.
Aww. I just love that..... sounds like you raised a good boy!!! <3

Old 08-09-2012, 10:24 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,904 times
Quote:
Oh.My.

Perv alert!!! lolol
Were you calling me??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships