Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 03:56 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarterguy View Post
Ahahaha...

Kinda mean, but funny, and all true!

It used to confuse me too because I was like if they know what they DON"T WANT, why do they have to post it in their ad? Like I know I don't want any one night stands so why I do I need to post it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 04:03 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,610,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Okay we all look at the picture when before reading anyone's bio. Thats what you notice first anyhow other then thier header to get your attention. I really don't understand these women who post..

IF YOU WANT A BOOTTIE CALL OR ONE NIGHT STAND THEN LOOK SOME WHERE ELSE!

Yet when you look at thier pictures they are sucking on thier finger or wearing something a stripper might wear. I understand men & women are visual creatures but why post something like that only to show them dressing or doing things like that??? Maybe it's just me but I woundn't see the point in sending you a message when your showing all your wears to everyone on the internet. Am I nuts????
That is indeed sending mixed signals.

However I had that message up at one time and had not slept with any of the guys I was meeting. It was mainly because all of the guys I would meet would state they were looking for a relationship, and then upon meeting would expect to go to a hotel.

So it doesn't necessarily mean they slept with a bunch of guys on the site. However I didn't have sexually suggestive photos on my profile, either.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:19 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post

However I had that message up at one time and had not slept with any of the guys I was meeting. It was mainly because all of the guys I would meet would state they were looking for a relationship, and then upon meeting would expect to go to a hotel.

So it doesn't necessarily mean they slept with a bunch of guys on the site. However I didn't have sexually suggestive photos on my profile, either.
If a woman knows she doesn't want a booty call why does she need to post it in her ad? Well all know what we don't want but don't have to put in the ad. I don't want a women with ugly feet but I don't need to post it in my profile,

Old 08-06-2012, 04:27 PM

691 posts, read 1,427,040 times
It's usually written by self-loathing women who allow themselves to be f**ked an dumped, and they despise themselves for it. Kinda like closeted gay guys in hook-up chat rooms that seem to always "accidentally" click on other guys cams.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:36 PM

144 posts, read 201,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
It's usually written by self-loathing women who allow themselves to be f**ked an dumped, and they despise themselves for it. Kinda like closeted gay guys in hook-up chat rooms that seem to always "accidentally" click on other guys cams.
Wow, now that's BS! Don't put me in that category. I put that 'warning' because I am sick of the horny losers messaging me for that purpose. At first it was not working actually and kinda work more like a bait to those pervs. How annoying. It is only now that my warning msg worked. in fact I had a guy who set up to meet me and before the meet he had the 'sense' to read my profile. and pointblank tell me he does not want to waste his time since he read my 'warning msg' .

I was relieved because that's my main point not to waste each other's time.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:49 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:

It's usually fairly easy to figure out which guys are genuine and which are just looking for a hookup. It may take a few dates to get to that point, but after that you can easily pick them up. It's usually guys who compliment you too quickly and too much on nothing but your looks, guys that curse frequently (I curse like a sailor, but not early on in messaging/emailing..it makes you look like an idiot) and guys that send messages like 'Hey gurl, whats up?'. But my biggest no-no is a headless, shirtless mirror picture...that almost guarantees they're only looking for a hookup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrox View Post
Wow, now that's BS! Don't put me in that category. I put that 'warning' because I am sick of the horny losers messaging me for that purpose. At first it was not working actually and kinda work more like a bait to those pervs. How annoying. It is only now that my warning msg worked. in fact I had a guy who set up to meet me and before the meet he had the 'sense' to read my profile. and pointblank tell me he does not want to waste his time since he read my 'warning msg' .

That won't stop them, it will only make them retool their game and think of you as a challenge. When guys message me who are obviously only looking for a hookup I message them back nicely telling them I'm not their 'type' of girl and to kindly stop messaging me. Works pretty well.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:02 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrox View Post

Putting that warning up there is a waste of time because guys who want sex will still send you a message. If I put "Please no women over 50" that won't stop them from contacting me so it's no point in even posting it. When you get the message just delete it and block the person

Old 08-06-2012, 08:52 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,610,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Putting that warning up there is a waste of time because guys who want sex will still send you a message. If I put "Please no women over 50" that won't stop them from contacting me so it's no point in even posting it. When you get the message just delete it and block the person
Not true.

I had at that time of having my warning message and this is exactly how I put it because I was so annoyed after a while:

"Warning: Since there are either illiterate or ignorant people on here, please be advised I am not looking for just sex, not looking for dating men old enough to be my father or men who live 3 states away".

Once I put that message up, the million responses I was getting came to a halt. However the guys who did respond, were the kind I wanted to talk to because they actually paid attention.

What some of you don't get is that there are quite bit of desperate women out there who will sleep with any guy who sends them a message. And there are plenty of guys who use the dating sites just to get laid and nothing else. Unfortunately for those of us who do not fall into either category, we get stuck with the other end of this. Good for the guys, not so good for the girls. It because of these tramps why you see some women putting the warning up on their ads. Because guys will assume oh I met 3 chicks who slept with me off this site, they think you will too.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:39 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Not true.

I had at that time of having my warning message and this is exactly how I put it because I was so annoyed after a while:

"Warning: Since there are either illiterate or ignorant people on here, please be advised I am not looking for just sex, not looking for dating men old enough to be my father or men who live 3 states away".

Once I put that message up, the million responses I was getting came to a halt. However the guys who did respond, were the kind I wanted to talk to because they actually paid attention.

What some of you don't get is that there are quite bit of desperate women out there who will sleep with any guy who sends them a message. And there are plenty of guys who use the dating sites just to get laid and nothing else. Unfortunately for those of us who do not fall into either category, we get stuck with the other end of this. Good for the guys, not so good for the girls. It because of these tramps why you see some women putting the warning up on their ads. Because guys will assume oh I met 3 chicks who slept with me off this site, they think you will too.
What?!?!?! How is that good for the guys, or are you ASSUMING that all guys just want to get laid, and there is nothing more to us. It is equally as frustrating to a guy to read a profile of a lady who portrays herself as a nice lady, "relationship quality" and "relationship ready", only to find out that she is just posting that crap to make herself feel better. Honesty is a two-way street honey! NOBODY wins with dishonesty, so you need to rethink your statement there.

As for me, I'm honest with people. Right now I'm not into any relationship. The first line of my online profile is "Just checking this out, I may update more info later. Really just looking to meet people, not ready for a relationship yet." and the last line that says you should contact me if: "You are OK with someone who really isn't after a LTR. Just out to make new friends, hang out, etc. I am looking for "relationships" that will encourage mutual growth, exploration, and in general challenge in good ways. Bring it."

I'm sure someone will pick that apart and tell me how it is misleading (and I will actually read and listen, and change my profile if I can be convinced it is). My goal is to meet people. Not necesarily to get laid, and certainly not for an LTR right now. If either one of those things happens unintentionally with two INFORMED AND CONSENTING adults, then good!

But I digress, what you said above is NOT good for men. Not the honest ones anyway.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:44 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
What?!?!?! How is that good for the guys, or are you ASSUMING that all guys just want to get laid, and there is nothing more to us. It is equally as frustrating to a guy to read a profile of a lady who portrays herself as a nice lady, "relationship quality" and "relationship ready", only to find out that she is just posting that crap to make herself feel better. Honesty is a two-way street honey! NOBODY wins with dishonesty, so you need to rethink your statement there.

As for me, I'm honest with people. Right now I'm not into any relationship. The first line of my online profile is "Just checking this out, I may update more info later. Really just looking to meet people, not ready for a relationship yet." and the last line that says you should contact me if: "You are OK with someone who really isn't after a LTR. Just out to make new friends, hang out, etc. I am looking for "relationships" that will encourage mutual growth, exploration, and in general challenge in good ways. Bring it."

I'm sure someone will pick that apart and tell me how it is misleading (and I will actually read and listen, and change my profile if I can be convinced it is). My goal is to meet people. Not necesarily to get laid, and certainly not for an LTR right now. If either one of those things happens unintentionally with two INFORMED AND CONSENTING adults, then good!

But I digress, what you said above is NOT good for men. Not the honest ones anyway.
If I read something like that on a man's profile, I would assume he was only looking for hook-ups. There is a certain 'code' both men and women use on dating profiles and it can be troublesome for honest people. Just like women use the word 'curvy' when they're grossly overweight, women like me who are actually curvy are being truthful but are put in that obese category.

Guys that say 'I'm not ready for a LTR, just looking for people to hang out with' immediately scream out 'I'm gonna try to bang you within the first hour of meeting you and never call you again'. Even if you really mean you're only looking to meet new people. I probably wouldn't respond to a guy who had that in his profile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships