Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 03:12 PM

144 posts, read 201,065 times

Advertisements

LOL. I love that I'm not the only 1 WTFing on what he said. I still remember the OPs thread where he wrote his topic like a poem. I am beginning to think the OP has his own form of English language that only he can fathom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 03:22 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,414,821 times
It's bizarre. Hey dub dub II if you're still around, what kind of relationship do you want with this woman? If it's taken 18 months to get this far, it doesn't seem like there's romantic passion bubbling on either side.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:30 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrox View Post
LOL. I love that I'm not the only 1 WTFing on what he said. I still remember the OPs thread where he wrote his topic like a poem. I am beginning to think the OP has his own form of English language that only he can fathom.
Here's what I'm hearing:

OP, how about you tell us what her "job" is, whether this is someone you've been dating for 18 months or someone you've just been pursuing all this time, what you mean by "making progress," and what kind of problem you think she has with it.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:32 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,163,499 times
Her job = Hooker?

Old 08-06-2012, 03:33 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
The last line is the best.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:01 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,477 times
Honestly, if you can't understand my writing...I don't know. I understand most of what everyone else is writing...and in my mind I'm being perfectly clear, expressing the states in which I find myself to the best of language's capability.

I wasn't really chasing her. Basically, I introduced myself, asked her for girl advice, texted her for a bit, ran into her a couple times, texted her more, then she finally asked me if I wanted to "hang out". It took her 1.5 years, she was slow...it makes her smart...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Um elaborate?
A part of me thinks I deserve it. Or her. Or it. Whichever. That is, I've been busting my ass to make sure that if and when that special other comes into my life, I'll have more to say to her than "whatsup"...that is, I'll have a good grasp on who I am, what I want, what I'm doing to get where I want to be, etc. etc. The fact that she's taking (what seems to be) a long time to show up, it annoys me.

I guess you can say I feel entitled. If women don't think I deserve it, then I just move on to the next. Women? 3 billion of them, they're far from special.

But at the same time, what if the one that actually is special doesn't think I deserve her for whatever reason? I don't give up, that's my problem. I don't think she has that choice...to simply dismiss me without getting to know me first. Maybe when I was younger...but now? Not after I've been busting my ass specifically for her for all my "alone" life. She doesn't get the right to judge me after 5 minutes of interacting with me and not getting to know the whole me.

I guess that's the main schism of self, because it's contradictory. Of course she does get to judge, but I don't think she does, but since when did that ever matter? I'll still do what I'll do, and she'll still think what she'll think.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:17 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
I wasn't really chasing her. Basically, I introduced myself, asked her for girl advice, texted her for a bit, ran into her a couple times, texted her more, then she finally asked me if I wanted to "hang out". It took her 1.5 years, she was slow...it makes her smart...
Or just not that into you. You do have to give her a choice though on whether she can be with you b/c if you don't that makes you a stalker and stalkers are highly unattractive to those of both sexes.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:21 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
I don't chase much anyway, and even when I did, about a month of it and I'm burned out and moving on.

I have other things to spend my time on rather than chase someone that isn't getting it or choosing not to.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:21 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
1.5 years to discover she is not appreciative and chasing her? It does not sound like she is that interested, And you do not sound gung-ho here either. Maybe move on?

Old 08-06-2012, 04:25 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,066,509 times
You also sound about 16?

If all you were doing was texting for "girl advice" etc., then why would she think you are interested? And why would that make her interested in you?

I'm with all the others who don't understand what you are trying to say or do.

But I would think you would know (even if you are 16) that relationships are hard. Some are worth it, many aren't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships