Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 10:06 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times

Advertisements

Maybe its me but a woman who could, at 20 years of age, say "well... sex is for marriage and I intend to wait... and practically speaking... career advancement, etc... marriage isn't likely for another 10 years or so... well... she wouldn't be very exciting to me. But there are guys out there who get all excited about being the first one in. A woman like that would be really appealing. In the meantime there would be distractions... breakups or other lapses in communication. I don't automatically label the guy a cad and a bounder. The o.p. has some issues of her own. I am not certain why so many people who have self imposed limits on their availability to a relationship want one. IMO the o.p. should do all the things she wants to in order to fulfill herself and then start looking for a husband. That way no one gets frustrated, bored or angry. Sound like a plan?

H
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 10:33 AM

31 posts, read 25,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Maybe its me but a woman who could, at 20 years of age, say "well... sex is for marriage and I intend to wait... and practically speaking... career advancement, etc... marriage isn't likely for another 10 years or so... well... she wouldn't be very exciting to me. But there are guys out there who get all excited about being the first one in. A woman like that would be really appealing. In the meantime there would be distractions... breakups or other lapses in communication. I don't automatically label the guy a cad and a bounder. The o.p. has some issues of her own. I am not certain why so many people who have self imposed limits on their availability to a relationship want one. IMO the o.p. should do all the things she wants to in order to fulfill herself and then start looking for a husband. That way no one gets frustrated, bored or angry. Sound like a plan?

H
Ya that's right,it is just you(or many others,of course) Because as far as I am concerned I have seen SO many relationships leading to successful marriages and yes,WITHOUT SEX! Because guess what! Even two best friends,without getting physical for years long,get successfully married!

I am not saying that sex is not important but again perceptions matter.Some prefer waiting for the special moment instead of bursting the bubble right there just to sustain the relationship.For me,if a relationship can't survive without sex then that relationship can't be too genuine enough to sustain even after giving sex daily!!What if you marry someone,she goes through an accident and her whole body gets paralyzed in way that forget sex,you can't even kiss her?Would you leave her then? From what you said,I guess you would.Why? because she becomes boring according to you!

Of all the things,I'm pretty sure that he(my ex) has not broken up with me because I am a firm believer of chastity.He respects me.He gets infatuated too fast but he isn't someone who would go around sleeping with women.I am 100% sure that he hasn't lost his virginity to that woman.Of all the things,this is where I am sure that I can trust him.He is enjoying skin shows for free.

My post is not about my chastity.It's all because I hoped for some good opinion as to what steps should I take because I don't want to lose this guy completely because deep down I feel we do have a chance IF he gets over with his whimsical indecisive behavior and at the same time I need to make sure that he doesn't toy around me.
PEACE!!

Old 08-07-2012, 11:19 AM

144 posts, read 201,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago nyc View Post
Ya that's right,it is just you(or many others,of course) Because as far as I am concerned I have seen SO many relationships leading to successful marriages and yes,WITHOUT SEX! Because guess what! Even two best friends,without getting physical for years long,get successfully married!

I am not saying that sex is not important but again perceptions matter.Some prefer waiting for the special moment instead of bursting the bubble right there just to sustain the relationship.For me,if a relationship can't survive without sex then that relationship can't be too genuine enough to sustain even after giving sex daily!!What if you marry someone,she goes through an accident and her whole body gets paralyzed in way that forget sex,you can't even kiss her?Would you leave her then? From what you said,I guess you would.Why? because she becomes boring according to you!

Of all the things,I'm pretty sure that he(my ex) has not broken up with me because I am a firm believer of chastity.He respects me.He gets infatuated too fast but he isn't someone who would go around sleeping with women.I am 100% sure that he hasn't lost his virginity to that woman.Of all the things,this is where I am sure that I can trust him.He is enjoying skin shows for free.

My post is not about my chastity.It's all because I hoped for some good opinion as to what steps should I take because I don't want to lose this guy completely because deep down I feel we do have a chance IF he gets over with his whimsical indecisive behavior and at the same time I need to make sure that he doesn't toy around me.
PEACE!!
Bravo. You go girl. I 100% agree with you. Apparently we are only 1% on that point of view of non importance of sex in relationship. Like 99 % of then believe sex is the be all and end all of successful relationship.

Sorry to burst their bubble but not everyone is a horndog. There is more to life than sex. Jesus.

Do you also notice most billionaires only have 2 at most children while the poor people have been popping kids left and right and mostly have 8 kids. LOL. Priorities people.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:06 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,955 times
Bottom line is that he is HAVING SEX with OTHER WOMEN. If he really wanted to be with you and saw you as the women he wanted to marry you would have already gotten the ring & he would not be breaking up with you every so often. Most good men know when they have something special and we will "lock it down" as soon as possible.

Don't think it would be wise to keep wasting time on this guy. He keeps coming back because you are allowing him to. Cutoff all ties with this guy and move on to someone who can truly commit to you.

#jmo

Old 08-07-2012, 12:09 PM

My post is not about my chastity.

Why mention it then?

It's all because I hoped for some good opinion as to what steps should I take because I don't want to lose this guy completely because deep down I feel we do have a chance IF he gets over with his whimsical indecisive behavior and at the same time I need to make sure that he doesn't toy around me.

Give him some sex. That will get his attention. If he doesn't want any (sex) give it to some guy who does (there are plenty).

PEACE!!

So hostile... what? It's ok to be p.o.'d, my post prolly didn't make you want to be my friend, so Peace? Not likely...

GRRRR!!

H()

Old 08-07-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrox View Post
Bravo. You go girl. I 100% agree with you. Apparently we are only 1% on that point of view of non importance of sex in relationship. Like 99 % of then believe sex is the be all and end all of successful relationship.

Sorry to burst their bubble but not everyone is a horndog. There is more to life than sex. Jesus.

Do you also notice most billionaires only have 2 at most children while the poor people have been popping kids left and right and mostly have 8 kids. LOL. Priorities people.
??????????????How on earth did you come to make a connection between the number of children someone has and where they rate sex on the scale of importance???????????????

There has only been more to life than sex for... oh I don't know... 2 maybe 3 thousand years... there have been people for a whole lot longer than that. I mean like 50 or 60 thousand years. If you get from that that I think we are mostly wired to be horndogs and the cultural program that we are trying to run keeps crashing because its not compatible with the hardware platform you would be right.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:25 PM

144 posts, read 201,087 times
Because those rich people OBVIOUSLY are too busy making money! DUH! Obviously they reach their big 'o' on running their business and not running their hands on their spouses. wacha think?

Old 08-07-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrox View Post
Because those rich people OBVIOUSLY are too busy making money! DUH! Obviously they reach their big 'o' on running their business and not running their hands on their spouses. wacha think?
Obviously... the world is flat.. . When a business becomes successful enough it makes money simply by existing IOW without any visible effort. Microsoft stopped earning money decades ago. Investors now are the lion's share of Microsofts revenue. Bill Gates makes (as opposed to 'earns')money every second that he is or isn't running his hands on Melinda's hoo-hoo. Please tell me that you knew that money is the ultimate aphrodisiac and that very rich people are some of the horniest on the planet and have sex at 10x the rate of everyone else. Please. It's ok to say you knew but don't agree for whatever reason but to say you didn't know... well that's just... [TOS violation].

H

Old 08-07-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Bottom line is that he is HAVING SEX with OTHER WOMEN. If he really wanted to be with you and saw you as the women he wanted to marry you would have already gotten the ring & he would not be breaking up with you every so often. Most good men know when they have something special and we will "lock it down" as soon as possible.

Don't think it would be wise to keep wasting time on this guy. He keeps coming back because you are allowing him to. Cutoff all ties with this guy and move on to someone who can truly commit to you.

#jmo
Half knowledge hun You probably did not read everything before commenting We are just 20 and we won't marry before 30 because I(if not we) have an ambition to fulfill before settling down.From what I know,that's the case with him too.I don't think its right when certain people just blindly assume that "Ohh so you're in a relationship? Guess getting married is the only thing in your list!!" That maybe the case with the majority or some but NOT the case with everyone.

And nope,he isn't having sex.I wouldn't believe that even if the whole forum compels me to.Too headstrong I believe So even if he did want to get tied up with me ASAP,he(rather we) couldn't do it!! And even if he is-according to you guys-screwing that woman,I can say this with 100% confidence,the level of respect he has for me,is unparalleled!
You talk of "good men know they have something special and we "lock it down" as soon as possible " and which is exactly why he doesn't treat me like his other ex!Which is exactly why,even though I keep ignoring his best efforts to get me get back in touch with him,he STILL doesn't give up! And which is exactly why,he never had the guts to directly tell me that "hey!I'm dating her" instead of saying "she's just my new close friend".Having said that,he is hesitating right now when that woman asked him to commit to her!.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
My post is not about my chastity.

Why mention it then?
because you seem to focus too much on sex!

Quote:
Give him some sex. That will get his attention. If he doesn't want any (sex) give it to some guy who does (there are plenty).
There is a difference between you and me so you can't talk to me basing on what suits you or what you do! You need to respect people when you talk to them.You may advise that to some stripper!You're talking to me here,keep that in mind because I donot appreciate such comments!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships