U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-07-2012, 12:50 PM
 
93 posts, read 120,908 times
Reputation: 72

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
...or it could be the steroids as alluded to earlier.
Could be. But I get aroused just by looking at her. I might find other women at work hot. I might appreciate the way a woman walking down the street looks. But they don't get me instantly hot and ready to go. But I get aroused by her right now. If she touches me or grabs me around the waist .. it feels amazing. But when I'm away from her, I feel antsy and I want to call her, see her, anything.

This is not a "wow I love my wife" post. While I'm feeling good and all that, I'm also feeling a little destabilized by this level of emotional reaction. I was hoping someone else would have chimed in and said they know what I'm going through.

Maybe you were right the first time. My brain is probably broken.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-07-2012, 01:18 PM
 
3,445 posts, read 3,933,855 times
Reputation: 4922
Default Wow????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyNewGuy View Post
This is not a "wow I love my wife" post. While I'm feeling good and all that, I'm also feeling a little destabilized by this level of emotional reaction. I was hoping someone else would have chimed in and said they know what I'm going through.

Maybe you were right the first time. My brain is probably broken.
ShinyGuy....Shut the HE** up .......Get off the computer.......and give your wife a call RIGHT NOW & tell her how much you LOVE, APPRECIATE and ADORE her. You are one of the LUCKY FEW, who managed to keep the sparks going through 20 years of marriage. DO YOU HONESTLY KNOW HOW MANY DIVORCES THERE ARE EACH YEAR.

Do the research.....Stop going crazy over this.....and thank the man upstairs that you are married to a women that you still love. LOVE IS UNEXPLAINABLE. ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2012, 01:29 PM
 
1,250 posts, read 1,950,994 times
Reputation: 2549
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyNewGuy View Post
Maybe you just answered my question. One thing that has been different is that the kids were gone for 2 weeks and it was just her and I. We went out to eat all the time to nice places, had wine, walked the city (we live in Paris). And of course, we had lots of carefree sex since there was nobody who could hear us. And during that whole time, she never got annoyed or naggy with me. Not once.

I just got to enjoy being with her all over again. I just wanted more of her as time went on. Maybe that's what happened ..

It's the only thing I can think of right now.
Oh my god, just SHUT UP! SMH!

No really, is this some kind of joke??
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2012, 01:30 PM
 
93 posts, read 120,908 times
Reputation: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
Oh my god, just SHUT UP! SMH!

No really, is this some kind of joke??
Is what a joke? What's SMH?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2012, 01:31 PM
 
93 posts, read 120,908 times
Reputation: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
ShinyGuy....Shut the HE** up .......Get off the computer.......and give your wife a call RIGHT NOW & tell her how much you LOVE, APPRECIATE and ADORE her. You are one of the LUCKY FEW, who managed to keep the sparks going through 20 years of marriage. DO YOU HONESTLY KNOW HOW MANY DIVORCES THERE ARE EACH YEAR.

Do the research.....Stop going crazy over this.....and thank the man upstairs that you are married to a women that you still love. LOVE IS UNEXPLAINABLE. ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN.
I called. She was busy. She's going to call back in 10-20 minutes or so.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2012, 01:32 PM
 
Location: southwest TN
8,454 posts, read 16,136,244 times
Reputation: 15939
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyNewGuy View Post
Well, I am on a cycle of anabolic steroids right now. It's not my first and I never had this reaction before. I thought of that already, but I see nothing resembling this in any of the anabolic steroids/bodybuilding forums.

I swear, it's just like a new romance or something.

First, the negative: keep in mind that anabolic steroids are synthetic male hormones. So you definitely are having some effects - but how much it's influencing this behavior is the question. On the other hand....

As many have pointed out - just go with it. Tell your wife what you've told us - that you're turned on and the spark has rekindled, you're hearing bells and seeing fireworks when you're with her and that you feel like a kid again and you're so madly in love with her you are afraid you're going to smother her. Tell her that.

Children moving out of the house can do that to/for a couple. Freedom to be yourselves, privacy, and the luxury of not having to take care of anyone else can let that flame reignite --- and it sounds as though she's loving every minute of it. She's not rebuffing you or pushing you away (from your descriptions), so I'd say she's as turned on as you are.

Relax and enjoy each other's company for as many days and years as you have left on earth.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2012, 01:32 PM
 
4,228 posts, read 6,569,335 times
Reputation: 5350
Maybe this is why my parents send me to overnight summer camp for weeks on end....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2012, 01:33 PM
 
1,250 posts, read 1,950,994 times
Reputation: 2549
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyNewGuy View Post
Could be. But I get aroused just by looking at her. I might find other women at work hot. I might appreciate the way a woman walking down the street looks. But they don't get me instantly hot and ready to go. But I get aroused by her right now. If she touches me or grabs me around the waist .. it feels amazing. But when I'm away from her, I feel antsy and I want to call her, see her, anything.

This is not a "wow I love my wife" post. While I'm feeling good and all that, I'm also feeling a little destabilized by this level of emotional reaction. I was hoping someone else would have chimed in and said they know what I'm going through.

Maybe you were right the first time. My brain is probably broken.
It means Shaking My Head!

If there is a woman alive who wouldn't enjoy that, I tell you straight out she is a lesbian.

Shiny. Find a way to bottle that feeling and spread it around.

And now, go find that lucky, lucky woman and ....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2012, 01:35 PM
 
35,104 posts, read 44,308,881 times
Reputation: 62297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyNewGuy View Post
Yeah, actually it does sound crazy. I don't know if this is a chemical issue or what. I feel like I can't get enough of her. In the past if we were sitting on the couch together, I'd be happy to be sitting next to her but not holding hands or anything. Now I want her leaning up against me. I want to hold her hand. I just want to feel her next to me.

I want to have sex with her all the time, but it's not just that. I want to have her up close to me as we're lying in bed just so I can feel her skin against mine.

I know she's been enjoying it. But at some point she probably won't care for it too much. Then I texted that I missed her. At that point I wondered if I'm going overboard. I feel now like I need to be careful not to smother her. So I haven't texted or spoken to her all day despite a burning urge to do so. This feels a bit disturbing because I feel ultra vulnerable now.

WTF is wrong with me? Have you guys gone through this? I googled, but all I could find is people asking how to get a spouse to fall in love again - presumably because they can't stand each other.

How sweet and I can truly relate. Sneakers is gone so much working when he is home we are always touching skin to skin. Either lying in bed or holding hands or sitting next to each other on the loveseat, even in the car while driving we are touching and always hold hands when walking into a grocery or department store.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2012, 01:38 PM
 
93 posts, read 120,908 times
Reputation: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
It means Shaking My Head!

If there is a woman alive who wouldn't enjoy that, I tell you straight out she is a lesbian.

Shiny. Find a way to bottle that feeling and spread it around.

And now, go find that lucky, lucky woman and ....
Ok, I'm going to be speaking with her on the phone soon. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm going to tell her. But if you were her .. what would you want to hear? What would you want to hear from your SO?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top