U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2012, 02:07 PM

956 posts, read 1,621,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyNewGuy View Post
Yeah cute and adorable. No seriously. This is making me feel weird. I'm not posting this as a feelgood story. Like right now, I can't wait to get the damn day at work over so I can see her. We've been married 20+ years and yet I haven't felt this way since we were in the early parts of our relationship. I know this also sounds stupid, but I'm worried about being this vulnerable to her like this. I'm afraid of going overboard and pushing her away.
My hubby's friend told me he just loved being with his wife after TWENTY YEARS of marriage He had worked abroad for long stints, including a ye
ar about 5000 miles away (going back quarterly). I loved that
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 07:48 AM

4,506 posts, read 5,845,871 times
Sounds like she cheated on you...either physically or emotionally....at some level you know this so it making you insecure and clingy!

You're acting like a woman...actually like an emotional teenage girl.....I'm not trying to put you down here, but you need the truth.
Women want their man to be a man....its okay to have those feelings and treat her well, but trust me....she STILL has to deserve it...the minute you shower her with undeserved attention will be the minute you start losing her.

Time to man up! Which isn't the same as being an asshat....maybe you should read: No More Mr.Nice Guy....

Old 08-10-2012, 10:19 AM

45,246 posts, read 92,418,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Sounds like she cheated on you...either physically or emotionally....at some level you know this so it making you insecure and clingy!

You're acting like a woman...actually like an emotional teenage girl.....I'm not trying to put you down here, but you need the truth.
Women want their man to be a man....its okay to have those feelings and treat her well, but trust me....she STILL has to deserve it...the minute you shower her with undeserved attention will be the minute you start losing her.

Time to man up! Which isn't the same as being an asshat....maybe you should read: No More Mr.Nice Guy....
Good grief

Old 08-10-2012, 10:24 AM

45,246 posts, read 92,418,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
How old are you? I wonder if your testosterone level is lower than it used to be. Now don't take that as fact or as an insult at all. I have no scientific proof of anything, but I had an experience of my own that made me have some ideas about testosterone.

My story: My husband quite a few years ago had a testicular torson that he ended up having to have repaired surgically. Now when the testicle is twisted, it loses its blood supply and can results in lower serum testosterone. But I didn't know about/think about that all the time. All I knew was that I really enjoyed spending time with my husband. We would sit on the porch and talk and talk and talk. He just seemed calmer and more friendly, less hurried, willing to talk and actually listen. It was very pleasant. Usually he is hot and I am cold and one day when this was going on we got in the car and he was turning up the heat. Yes!

After the torsion was repaired, he within a few weeks was back to his old self. I guess what you'd call more macho. Less in touch with his feelings, less caring about my feelings, not really into sitting and talking about everything for hours, more on the go. Honestly, I miss that guy! And I have wondered if as he ages his testosterone level will lessen and that guy will come back. I hope so!

I know some guys are just naturally more in touch with their feelings and able to talk and communicate with a woman, but my husband isn't one of them. He's a typical guy. I kind of like the more sensitive version of him, though.

That's just my own theory. I wonder if you are more emotional as you age, possibly because of lower testosterone or maybe some other reason. I know men might take offense at suggesting their testosterone is low, but if that is really what was behind my husband's change in behavor, I really liked it! I obviously wouldn't like it if he went around acting like a WOMAN, but he didn't do that. He just was more communicative and sensitive.

Anyway, I would be careful not to overdo it TOO much because you don't want to smother her, but in general if a woman likes/loves you she is going to appreciate the things you are doing, not be annoyed by them.
Interesting. I'm glad you posted this info for him

I think just to be on the safe side, if our OP continues to be concerned about his new rush of emotion that he should check in with his doctor.

As was mentioned previously in the thread, his use of steroids could also be at the heart of his new euphoria.

But whatever has caused this the good thing is he has new appreciation for his wife and marriage and is looking forward to the upcoming empty nest phase of life

Old 08-12-2012, 03:15 AM

93 posts, read 120,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post

Nah, or at least if she did, I have no idea it happened. So no, that's not the cause. If I ever found out she cheated .. I'd likely grudge f*ck a few of her close friends.

Old 08-12-2012, 03:21 AM

We were out all day yesterday, and the whole time I just wanted to jump her bones she looked so good. I told her this a few times throughout the day. By the time we got back home, I did - big time.

So far, she hasn't pulled away. On the contrary, she's become way more responsive than before. We already had a pretty good sex life. But she's really much more "into it" now.

I'm not sure how long this feeling is going to last on my end. I can't imagine it's possible to keep feeling this way with this intensity for an extended period of time. Even new lovers taper off after awhile. But so far, I'm going on to week 4 and there has ben no change yet.

Old 08-12-2012, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudra View Post
My hubby's friend told me he just loved being with his wife after TWENTY YEARS of marriage He had worked abroad for long stints, including a ye
ar about 5000 miles away (going back quarterly). I loved that
Again, I need to clarify. I already loved my wife. I already loved being with her like a happy married husband. That's not what I'm trying to say here.

A few weeks ago I started feeling an intense "infatuation" with my own wife. Feels like having a crush. Like a new lover. It's weird to me. It was sudden and I started this thread to see if anyone had experienced this and to get some insight from the females here given that I was concernd I might turn her off with this focus on her all of the sudden.

It may be hormonal, it may be psychological, it may be insanity. But this is NOT about be prancing around singing "I love my wife".

Old 08-12-2012, 09:39 AM

14,920 posts, read 18,969,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyNewGuy View Post
We were out all day yesterday, and the whole time I just wanted to jump her bones she looked so good. I told her this a few times throughout the day. By the time we got back home, I did - big time.

So far, she hasn't pulled away. On the contrary, she's become way more responsive than before. We already had a pretty good sex life. But she's really much more "into it" now.

I'm not sure how long this feeling is going to last on my end. I can't imagine it's possible to keep feeling this way with this intensity for an extended period of time. Even new lovers taper off after awhile. But so far, I'm going on to week 4 and there has ben no change yet.
You two sound pretty happy right now. Good for you!

Old 08-12-2012, 09:44 AM

19,059 posts, read 23,037,338 times
I think the hormone hypothesis might have merit. Testosterone does wane for men as they age. That's not a bad thing, either, just a part of life. My dad tells me that he's become more sensitive over the years. With that said, it's very sweet that you're crushing on your wife. What a nice dose of spice for your marriage. My dh told me this morning that he watched our wedding vid's last fall when I was out of town for a week or so and got weepy. Awe.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I think the hormone hypothesis might have merit. Testosterone does wane for men as they age. That's not a bad thing, either, just a part of life. My dad tells me that he's become more sensitive over the years. With that said, it's very sweet that you're crushing on your wife. What a nice dose of spice for your marriage. My dh told me this morning that he watched our wedding vid's last fall when I was out of town for a week or so and got weepy. Awe.

Except I'm injecting testosterone into my system that gives me about 3x the testosterone levels of an 18 year old. Other than that great theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships