Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 11:15 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I wouldn't hold it against him if he hadn't, but I worry if a guy hasn't really had that wild period that he might be unhappy in the long run always being in a relationship.
I've dated a few guys who didn't go through the *uck everything that walks, drink to you cant see straight, party (sowed wild oats) phase. It confused me. But some men (people) are completely satisfied not going through that phase at all. There were a few men I dated who only had sex/kissed girls when in monogamous committed relationships and never had a one night stand in their life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 11:17 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
I've never really had a desire for this.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:18 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,009,690 times
There is not one right answer which is universal for everyone. Some people at certain stages are not ready to settle down and be faithful. Doing so would not be good for them or their relationship. Others may be. These people can mingle too and be very happy.

I never sowed wild oats. Wasn't interested in trying to bed tons of women. In my life, I have been with one woman, who is now my wife. I wouldn't have it any other way. (and no, we did not wait until after we were married). My wife on the other hand was very active when she was younger. Admits it was not so much to sow oats, as it was to try and feel wanted, and was willing to give it up to get guys interested in her. Of course, they were just interested in using her.... but thats another thread. We're both extremely happy together!

Old 08-07-2012, 12:29 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Trying to sow oats right now. I wonder if I will ever see a reason to stop. Partying is so much fun and so is meeting different ladies.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:49 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
I was too picky to be "wild," plus I was a late bloomer (when it came to the opposite sex) and I was spoken for by the time I was 24.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:40 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,835,892 times
No wild oats sown here and don't plan on it. Never been into it. I sow wild oats in my relationship and that's about it. I give the best wild side of me to the man I love (if you know what I mean) and whom also loves me. No need to do it with multiple men. For what? Validation? Don't need it. Men approaching me is enough, but I am certainly not handing over my p@nties because of it. I value myself a lot though.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:41 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,760,530 times
I have never sowed wild oats...I never will; there is no reason or personal desire on my part for me to. I only want one woman to love, honor, and cherish, for life, and anyway I am a one-woman man only, so not sure why would I need to sow wild oats, to begin with? JMHO tho, others can do what makes them the most happy...

Old 08-07-2012, 02:09 PM

3,920 posts, read 6,835,417 times
Still sowing here! I enjoy being wild and free but sometimes it gets lonely. I dated a girl for a while recently and had to break it off. Not only did I not feel a true connection, but I also kind of missed the single life.

I think I need to get it out of my system before I am ready. I'm not a super man *****, but I am definitely no virgin either. I am an opportunist who likes to have fun.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:11 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Trying to sow oats right now. I wonder if I will ever see a reason to stop. Partying is so much fun and so is meeting different ladies.

Until your 40 years old, single, and going to clubs trying to pick up men/women half your age.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:19 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Until your 40 years old, single, and going to clubs trying to pick up men/women half your age.
By that time I will have either moved on to pursuing one of my serious interests all the time on weekends like hunting, fishing, or photography.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships