Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2012, 10:30 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Ascension is in Chicago, if I'm not mistaken. That translates to more real-world experience than being in Memphis. Sorry.
Well, then by your standards - I have even MORE real world experience so my opinions should count for more than his!

Old 08-09-2012, 10:30 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
lol....no reason to get your panties in a bunch. You guys have nothing concrete to debate or talk about, so lets leave it for that occasion. When once again you are left with no rebuttal and proven wrong for the 1000th time, you can go back to talking about what i do or what i dont do.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post

apparently cosmo, pintrest, reality tv and marie claire are the biggest records we have of this hive mind.
Ummm... what?

Old 08-09-2012, 10:32 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,835,892 times
Quote:
You're right. They're in denial.

I just got back from a vacation in Europe. One sees that "the world is a village." In Portugal and Italy, their version of the bad boy, complete with his tats and skanky Mickey Rourke/Johnny Depp vibe, has the "hot" looking chicks; however, neither of them have much going for them. It's more of a "birds of a feather" issue. Conversely, the clean-cut guy riding the Metro dressed in a suit hangs with the much more presentable wife.

So, "bad boy" and "hot" (which I consider more of an insult than a compliment; ~ cheap) get together, all over the world, it seems.
Riiight because none of us could pooooossibly be HOT . Not that it matters--but come on dude seriously. There is also a difference between just being HOT and being HOT, with values,intelligence, independence...etc. I am not looking for a man to only have the skills to get my panties wet and leave me daydreaming about the night before. I also need you to be a a positive model for the kids we will one day have. That equals being polite and having some respect. That man and that man alone will walk me down the aisle. Everybody won't get a full package deal, but I know I can bc I know my worth. Next.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:32 AM

640 posts, read 717,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I usually wear jeans and a plain colored tshirt, nothing super low cut. How should a 'lady' dress?
To be frank, we're talkembout "foot in the door" stuff...recognize that the way people dress and the resultant affectations...well, effect how others perceive them...for good or ill.

...and that can change over time.

Personally, I've drastically modified the way I dress simply because I recognized that it was sending out the wrong message.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:33 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
point taken, i will stop presenting facts as facts. I'll try to word them in a way, so the truth isnt as painful to hear. you got it
So sad. Deep down, you're only saying these things because you dislike the player lifestyle and wish you could just settle down, get married and have a good life...but you can't because good women see right through you so you're stuck with the 'easy' ones. I actually pity you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
that's the pot calling the kettle black, there's a good deal of posts in this thread where you've turned the issue around into "me, me, meeeeeeee!".

apparently cosmo, pintrest, reality tv and marie claire are the biggest records we have of this hive mind.

Meeeee is the only example I have to reliably work off of. I'd like to think I know myself pretty well and using myself as an example makes the most sense. I'd rather not bring other women into it because I'm not them and I'm not claiming to know how they feel, unlike some posters here.

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
The guys that took offense and feel the need to defend their opinions (and let's stress these are opinions above all else) might want to check themselves as to WHY they took offense and felt the need to defend.

The same way the OP has called you out on some BS, you might want to stop and think if there is some truth to what he said that caused your feathers to be ruffled.

Just saying.
OP didnt call me out on any BS. His reply to my posts, which he decided to hand pick was "i could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong". How do you debate this type of reply? He provides nothing to really talk about, agree with or challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
lol....no reason to get your panties in a bunch. You guys have nothing concrete to debate or talk about, so lets leave it for that occasion. When once again you are left with no rebuttal and proven wrong for the 1000th time, you can go back to talking about what i do or what i dont do.
You aren't talking about anything concrete - you are saying stupid stuff like women don't like polite men, you know what we like better than we do, players are really good in bed, etc. And then you are saying that these are facts! We're just making fun of you because it's easy to do! If you can't laugh at yourself - well, then - not much I can say to you!

Old 08-09-2012, 10:34 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It's because those are the women you notice. If you're walking down the street and there are 10 women, and 3 of them are dressed like a hooker but the other 7 are dressed conservatively I can almost guarantee you'll say 'OMG, ALL WOMEN DRESS PROVOCATIVELY'. Those are the ones that stand out, not the ones dressed 'normally' as most people glance over and ignore those women in favor of the shiny pretty ones.
I hear you, but ON AVERAGE, I would say most women tend to dress provocatively. Let's just look at the amount of women who feel the need to walk around in spandex alone. Why should I be subjected to looking at tight buns when I'm, say, in a restaurant or at the supermarket?

I'm not trying to control how women dress, but if women chose to dress in revealing ways, then don't get mad when guys look. I will also take it further and say that MOST AMERICAN guys are well behaved so there is little worry about guys doing anything inappropriate so I don't understand all the fear and paranoia. It's overblown.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:35 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,278 times
Quote:
You're right. They're in denial.

I just got back from a vacation in Europe. One sees that "the world is a village." In Portugal and Italy, their version of the bad boy, complete with his tats and skanky Mickey Rourke/Johnny Depp vibe, has the "hot" looking chicks; however, neither of them have much going for them. It's more of a "birds of a feather" issue. Conversely, the clean-cut guy riding the Metro dressed in a suit hangs with the much more presentable wife.

So, "bad boy" and "hot" (which I consider more of an insult than a compliment; ~ cheap) get together, all over the world, it seems.
exactly but the biggest difference (about over there) is that the bad boy and the garota aren't heavily in denial about who they are or their value as a mate. What's relaxing about life there is more about putting things (and addressing) into proportions.

I can't say the same for the homeland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships