Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 03:50 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I'm married.

Hope that works out for ya.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:51 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
The irony in this is hilarious. I'm not trying to control anything. If anything I'm trying to suggest that the OP's foresight is quite poor. I guess you think some guy has the right to make a thread throwing women under the bus. He does but it doesn't make it less stupid. However, the OP holds no responsibility towards women so it's ok. I'm not trying to relinquish any responsibility from men but to go on about "You're wrong, you're wrong and you're wrong." is the diatribe of imbeciles. He should have thought about this and said "This probably won't go well". I doubt he is trying to help anyone. His target audience will ignore him. I doubt he doesn't really care about anyone in his "target audience". I'm thinking it's a "Look at me and how great I've turn out". Comes across as haughty and over reverent towards women (you have no problem with that though).
Good, I'm glad you picked up on the irony. You don't like it when people basically tell you to shut up, but it's okay for you to tell others to "quit trying to be so helpful and if we want your opinion, we'll ask," which is also basically telling someone to shut up.

I disagree that his target audience will ignore him. Seems to me that they've kept this thread going for 30 pages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
You CHOOSE not to see it. You're a woman. Don't worry. I read your entire post. Clerical/admin. asst. work does not qualify as work which translates into high QOL, especially with kids.
No, you didn't read my post. I'm talking about financial professionals, paralegals, nurses, etc., in addition to those who own the businesses I mentioned. That was just my group of friends.

Where do you get that perception of me? Did I say anything to that effect?

It is you and the others who are making these grand predictions--which actually sound like spiteful wishes--that his wife will cheat on him. Believe me, I know what goes on in the military. The one fellow who did cheat on me was a Marine.

Okay, as much as I would love to stick around and debate with you gents, it's Date Night at Chez Lilac.

Maybe this thread will still be here tomorrow. Unfortunately, I have my doubts. Later!

Old 08-09-2012, 03:55 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
No, you didn't read my post. I'm talking about financial professionals, paralegals, nurses, etc., in addition to those who own the businesses I mentioned. That was just my group of friends.
Most military wives don't endeavor these things and, if they're capable of it, it's later in life.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:58 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
Quote:
I disagree that his target audience will ignore him. Seems to me that they've kept this thread going for 30 pages!
So true. Unfortunately it has not been 30 pages of point-counter point, rather a whole lot of intellectual laziness by some who take offense to my comments. I really don't see why they would get offended, either. If I'm a "nice guy, white knight, conservative christian military guy, [and any other names they've used to dismiss me]" then why the objection? Why the 30 pages of name calling and ad hominems? Why not just ignore it and move on?

Old 08-09-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
So true. Unfortunately it has not been 30 pages of point-counter point, rather a whole lot of intellectual laziness by some who take offense to my comments. I really don't see why they would get offended, either. If I'm a "nice guy, white knight, conservative christian military guy, [and any other names they've used to dismiss me]" then why the objection? Why the 30 pages of name calling and ad hominems? Why not just ignore it and move on?
I don't object to what you are saying. I object to how you chose to say it and the examples you used to make your point. You like the word ad hominems. Law school is full of Latin-rooted terms. Make it your next pit stop, if you have the "support," since you appear to be indefatigable.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:05 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,305,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
So a society that assumes that men and men's needs are the default setting is right and good, but taking into account that half the population is not men means that society is on the decline? Got it. That says everything I need to know.
No you're only seeing what you want to see, this is essentially a fem based society. Insulting a woman (lightly at that), or even giving some positive criticism is basically viewed on par with a crime as heinous as rape.

Without a doubt American society is on the decline, and soon any type of masculine behavior will be outlawed through backwards subsidization and legislation (i.e. vawa). It all comes down to a balance, that's the thing in this county there is no balance. Things are out of proportion to the extreme, your either dealing with hyper affluence or third world escapades, the middle ground is withering like a tree in autumn.

None of the men posting in this thread are in the field of misanthropes, or misogynists but we're calling things as we've experienced them in America. There are a number of us who have lived outside of the country (for years) and the grass is greener but at the end of the day this is home.

So we have to make do with the best of what we have right now, even if it is sub par by our standards.

Got it?

Calicali, that avatar has me rolling right now! +1

Old 08-09-2012, 04:07 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,023 times
Quote:
Good, I'm glad you picked up on the irony. You don't like it when people basically tell you to shut up, but it's okay for you to tell others to "quit trying to be so helpful and if we want your opinion, we'll ask," which is also basically telling someone to shut up.

That's not irony, that's just incorrect. I'm don't dislike it if you tell me to shut up because it just reminds me of my dog when he doesn't get his treats. He starts catching a tantrum and in fact it makes me laugh. Anyway, I didn't tell him to shut up or imply it. I suggested that he should quit trying to give advice. I didn't order him to do anything. Suggestion does not equal order. They are ignoring his ideas and most likely will continue to do the same things which has apparently gotten under his skin enough for him to make a thread about it. I like how you are ever so willing to give them so much credit for the activity in this thread like his partisan supporters has had nothing to do with it. The peanut gallery isn't the only section that makes up the hall.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I don't object to what you are saying. I object to how you chose to say it and the examples you used to make your point. You like the word ad hominems. Law school is full of Latin-rooted terms. Make it your next pit stop, if you have the "support," since you appear to be indefatigable.
Well that's your prerogative, my friend. You don't have to like how I say it (even though I am simply "calling it how I see it," a common explanation people, yourself included, have used to justify their approach) You don't even have to like WHAT I say. For that matter, you don't have to read any of it, or hang around for more. But you serve the group better by commenting on the subject at hand, which is something you failed to do from your first "contribution" to this thread, all the way until we've reached this point over 30 pages later. I would have welcomed anyone who actually challenged my post based on the content. I cannot take seriously someone who simply wants to engage in mud-slinging.

It wasn't a total loss, though. You have been amusing at least.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
Calicali, that avatar has me rolling right now! +1
He got rep from me for it.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
None of the men posting in this thread are in the field of misanthropes, or misogynists but we're calling things as we've experienced them in America.
Yet when I do the same thing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships