Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 07:20 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You have one of the best hearts.
Good hearts. I'm OK with good hearts. LOL

I'm Irish, remember that. As my old man told me when I just turned 13 "Even the best hearts dissolve when his Irish temper comes around." Gosh Golly, he sure ain't wrong .

Old 08-08-2012, 07:20 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Being honest, which club would you put the Dissenter in? At times I could be on either side.
I would say that you are frustrated from your lack of progress in starting a relationship, but that you are not making excuses and you listen well to the advice of others. Most importantly, you seem to respect women and do not bad mouth them out of frustration.

In other words, I would consider you a real man.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:21 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,984,124 times
@OP - best use of citations i've ever seen on a forum, bravo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The OP wasn't writing about you, I don't think, Froggie. Your challenges are more geographic and demographic than anything else. So it's ok, you're cool with us.
@frog - if you don't mind me asking, where do you live? i promise to never melt down and extoll your man beauty in some utter catastrophe of a thread. i just can't think of a place that's that problematic

also, i think this is a sleeper thread. everyone's popcorn is in the truth thread but i think this one has some long term entertainment potential while the truth might burn out quickly

Old 08-08-2012, 07:24 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
This Is the basic premise of what I agreed with in that post

A woman who "cuts" her husband off from sex will have more success in terms of getting what she wants in the end then a man who "cuts" his wife off from sex.

What's wrong with that? Lol a lot of people would agree with that. So to use that and argue in some way that I'm only about sex or a misogynist isn't right or accurate. And I still don't see how this thread applies to me. Carry on though

Old 08-08-2012, 07:25 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
also, i think this is a sleeper thread. everyone's popcorn is in the truth thread but i think this one has some long term entertainment potential while the truth might burn out quickly
Nick Romano said "Live fast, die young and leave a good-looking corpse."

Old 08-08-2012, 07:26 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I would say that you are frustrated from your lack of progress in starting a relationship, but that you are not making excuses and you listen well to the advice of others. Most importantly, you seem to respect women and do not bad mouth them out of frustration.

In other words, I would consider you a real man.
Obviously you haven't seen the way he treats me - but that's okay!

Old 08-08-2012, 07:28 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,984,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Nick Romano said "Live fast, die young and leave a good-looking corpse."
but they're all about to start giving massages and passing the peace pipe in that other thread. i've never seen a thread go from 60 to zero so quickly

maybe there will be a few aftershocks

Old 08-08-2012, 07:32 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
First and foremost, thanks for the photo. It speaks volumes. So do your locations: Monterey and various VA locations. Military, the language institute, something like that? Graduate business education. Check. Religion? Are you Mormon? This post is typical of a judgmental person with kids (giving rise to the term "breeder"), caters to the ladies on here who love the male-bashing, and is basically says "I've got game." Don't come across like you're clueless, "got game" can be deduced via its context.

I would have NO problem posting my picture on here, but love the liberty of saying what I want. Plus, as huck wisely said, this forum is a handy-dandy "window to the world."

I'm single. I didn't pass through the "window" on time. I wanted to do what I wanted to do, in terms of schooling, travel, and relocating. I didn't like who was "left over" after this trek. It's people such as yourself with condescending attitudes toward the singles on here, and probably elsewhere, that are using a post like this to prop yourself up. (How do you view the singles you work with?) Selecting various quotes by posters and making a compendium of them to make your point almost makes you look catty, like you're putting these people behind the fence at the zoo for inspection. So, what's your agenda?

You've evidently gotten some strokes. One of the posters, presumably female, said something like "rep for life" or "rep in perpetuity."

So, you're military, you know football, you probably grunt, and you're probably religious and conservative. Wow, YOU sound packaged.
I applaud your ability to take a look at my profile and put the pieces together. Some small corrections are in order, but these are minor. I am Baptist, not Mormon. And my time in Monterey was at the Naval Postgraduate School rather than Defense Language Institute.

I'm not judging anyone with my OP. I don't treat single guys badly because they are single. See my comments to Prince Frog and Dissenter. This thread is out of reaction to men who make excuses and blame every circumstance in the world except themselves. Furthermore this thread does not "cater" to the ladies. They may happen to agree, but the purpose of this thread is to call out men for their lousy excuses. From one man to others, not from the ladies to the men. As I said at the very beginning, the target audience is the men.

Call me catty, dismiss me as a religious conservative military guy, whatever you so choose. It is no loss to me. If you do not feel that you fit the descriptions in the OP, good for you. If you do and are offended by the OP, take a look within, my friend.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:35 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I applaud your ability to take a look at my profile and put the pieces together. Some small corrections are in order, but these are minor. I am Baptist, not Mormon. And my time in Monterey was at the Naval Postgraduate School rather than Defense Language Institute.

I'm not judging anyone with my OP. I don't treat single guys badly because they are single. See my comments to Prince Frog and Dissenter. This thread is out of reaction to men who make excuses and blame every circumstance in the world except themselves. Furthermore this thread does not "cater" to the ladies. They may happen to agree, but the purpose of this thread is to call out men for their lousy excuses. From one man to others, not from the ladies to the men. As I said at the very beginning, the target audience is the men.

Call me catty, dismiss me as a religious conservative military guy, whatever you so choose. It is no loss to me. If you do not feel that you fit the descriptions in the OP, good for you. If you do and are offended by the OP, take a look within, my friend.
See, what did I tell you?

Some of those who most need to "get it", won't.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:38 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Obviously you haven't seen the way he treats me - but that's okay!
Hey what man doesn't have rivals and/or a feud once in awhile?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships