Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 12:08 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,748,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I can't imagine a 20 year old kid would even remotely contemplate this scenario.
You've seen how bad divorce is in this country. Women in this country marry only for the benefits. For example, wife cheats and the couple gets divorced. Wife gets $$$. Wife beats husband to death and claims for self defense. Makes husband like an alcoholic wife beater. You get the picture.

Yes, there's a high divorce rate. And yes, there are great women out there. But, the good women are hidden behind the horrible ones which means that you'd be done with the relationships drama before the next one is finally the good one.

I don't want to get shot down over and over again. It would feel like I'm in some kind of an Air Force pilot training video. Good thing we have the internet or else I'm screwed.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:11 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
You've seen how bad divorce is in this country. Women in this country marry only for the benefits. For example, wife cheats and the couple gets divorced. Wife gets $$$. Wife beats husband to death and claims for self defense. Makes husband like an alcoholic wife beater. You get the picture.

Yes, there's a high divorce rate. And yes, there are great women out there. But, the good women are hidden behind the horrible ones which means that you'd be done with the relationships drama before the next one is finally the good one.

I don't want to get shot down over and over again. It would feel like I'm in some kind of an Air Force pilot training video. Good thing we have the internet or else I'm screwed.
You need to stop watching reality TV. It's not representative of reality. It's designed to boost ratings. It's like watching a train wreck.

WOMEN in this country to NOT marry only for the benefits. Do some? Sure. Do ALL women? Not even close. Beating someone to death and claiming self defense? What the hell are you watching?

Turn off the TV. Step away from the computer. Go get some actual life experience and talk to us in a few years.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:15 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:

You seem to be oblivious to reality, so I'll post my POV on this topic again, which I probably posted within the last few years.

Bring over the chick from Russia, Philippines or Thailand, and they will Americanize on you in a "New York minute," and their "comparative" insecurity and lower self-esteem throws them into a tirade of "conspicuous consumption" and "making up for lost time." Then, you have money out the door for expensive phone bills and airfare to this country you may not give a damn about and with which you will never bond. The, you find yourself divorced, and soaked, from a foreign woman who was just a "surrogate" for the fact that you wanted an American woman all along. Got it?

Old 08-09-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You need to stop watching reality TV. It's not representative of reality. It's designed to boost ratings. It's like watching a train wreck.
I don't even watch reality TV. It's pure garbage. I'm not the one brainwashed by media. It's a ton of ladies who are brainwashed by TV.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:16 PM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
I ran into my old teacher a few days ago, and he used a Russian mail order bride. He's been married since 2003 and they haven't had any problems.
Let us know how it works out for YOU.

I can counter that story with one of my own, so it is irrelevant.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:19 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
As I said in the other thread, it will never end.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:23 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Nothing like a teenager who can't get a date telling the grown-ups what marriage is "really like".

Old 08-09-2012, 12:25 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
I don't even watch reality TV. It's pure garbage. I'm not the one brainwashed by media. It's a ton of ladies who are brainwashed by TV.
Why all this hatred of women? Geez... Whatever it is that has turned you into this sourpuss - step away from it! Does all this have to do with your parents or something? If so - this is understandable. If not - then seriously - go get some actual experience with the opposite sex instead of basing it off who knows what!

Old 08-09-2012, 12:26 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
Why would a 20 year old want to get Married period?

Old 08-09-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Nothing like a teenager who can't get a date telling the grown-ups what marriage is "really like".
I've known people who've been divorced and how it ruined their lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships