Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 05:27 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Something else I'm confused about: Why would he go on a date with me if he knew he wasn't looking for a relationship? If casual sex was his intention all along, why wouldn't he bring that up before we even met? And if it wasn't and him saying he didn't want a relationship right now was his way of turning me down, why does he continue to talk to me and flirt with me?

Men are so confusing. Can any guys explain this?
Sometimes people go on dates just because. Sometimes they have fun and talk a lot. That's okay. He's being honest with you when he says he doesn't want a relationship with you. Listen to him.

It's completely within his rights not to mention he wanted casual sex, before you even met. To do so beforehand is just creepy.

He's being flirty with you because he likes girls and is used to having female friends. He likes you as a friend.

You're the one reading more into the situation because you're the one hoping for a relationship. Just back away. There's nothing to be ashamed of. Just practice getting to know people in person and take your time till someone better for you comes along.

Work on meeting guys in person rather than online. Realize that many are not willing to settle down till they get older. Till then, take good care of yourself and don't settle for something that doesn't feel right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 06:06 AM

96 posts, read 206,153 times
I decided to text him to clarify some things for myself.

It went like this:

Me: "When you said "i'm not looking for a relationship right now" was that a nice way of turning me down or were you serious?"

Him: "I was serious"

Me: "Then how come you went on that first "date" with me?"

Him: "What's wrong with a little casual date?"

Me: "Nothing, I'm just mad at myself for reading too much into it and now I'm stuck in this emotional limbo. And before we met you seemed so excited to hang out like you were looking for something more. Guess I over thought that too. FML"

Him: "FML?"

Me: "Stands for f*ck my life."

Him: "Oh, ok."

And that was it. Guess he didn't even care enough to ask about what I meant with the other stuff.

Stupid men wasting my damn time. Next time someone messages me I'll just clarify that I'm looking for something long-term and not to bother otherwise. I get feelings for guys too easily to be playing this casual dating bull**** game.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:23 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
I decided to text him to clarify some things for myself.

It went like this:

Me: "When you said "i'm not looking for a relationship right now" was that a nice way of turning me down or were you serious?"

Him: "I was serious"

Me: "Then how come you went on that first "date" with me?"

Him: "What's wrong with a little casual date?"

Me: "Nothing, I'm just mad at myself for reading too much into it and now I'm stuck in this emotional limbo. And before we met you seemed so excited to hang out like you were looking for something more. Guess I over thought that too. FML"

Him: "FML?"

Me: "Stands for f*ck my life."

Him: "Oh, ok."

And that was it. Guess he didn't even care enough to ask about what I meant with the other stuff.

Stupid men wasting my damn time. Next time someone messages me I'll just clarify that I'm looking for something long-term and not to bother otherwise. I get feelings for guys too easily to be playing this casual dating bull**** game.
You young lady are very very scary. You are a clinger who attaches themself to the first guy who treats her halfway decent.You scare guys away.The situation you find yourself in right now is YOUR FAULT! Not his. He was as honest as he could be.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:28 AM

I'm not a clinger, but I'm not a heartless ***** either. I think my hurt feelings are justifiable, or atleast understandable. Even if this situation is my fault.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:01 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times
Quote:
Something else I'm confused about: Why would he go on a date with me if he knew he wasn't looking for a relationship? If casual sex was his intention all along, why wouldn't he bring that up before we even met? And if it wasn't and him saying he didn't want a relationship right now was his way of turning me down, why does he continue to talk to me and flirt with me?

Men are so confusing. Can any guys explain this?
Would you have met with him if he straight up said that he was only interested in casual sex? As far as the continued talking/hanging out, maybe likes you as a person and finds you attractive, but doesn't want to commit or take your v-card.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:10 AM

Ok, more updates, lol.

He texted me and asked if I was mad, and I said: "No, I'm mad at myself. None of this is your fault, I just wish I wasn't how I am."

Then he said: "I'm not a fortune teller, maybe I will wanna date you soon, who knows."

I take everything I said back! I'll just wait for him, I think he's worth it honestly. He's such an awesome guy. ^_^ I just need to learn not to over think things and get upset over nothing.

As pathetic as it may be, nothing can make me smile as big as he does when I'm with him. I have pictures to prove it, lol.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Ok, more updates, lol.

He texted me and asked if I was mad, and I said: "No, I'm mad at myself. None of this is your fault, I just wish I wasn't how I am."

Then he said: "I'm not a fortune teller, maybe I will wanna date you soon, who knows."

I take everything I said back! I'll just wait for him, I think he's worth it honestly. He's such an awesome guy. ^_^ I just need to learn not to over think things and get upset over nothing.

As pathetic as it may be, nothing can make me smile as big as he does when I'm with him. I have pictures to prove it, lol.
I'm not a fortune teller, maybe I will wanna date you soon? Wow, talk about stringing someone along. He's not ready to seriously date means he just hasn't found the girl he wants to seriously date yet...

Old 08-10-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I'm not a fortune teller, maybe I will wanna date you soon? Wow, talk about stringing someone along. He's not ready to seriously date means he just hasn't found the girl he wants to seriously date yet...
What would be the point of stringing me along, though? He doesn't want sex, and he could just easily say "let's just be friends" instead of sending messages like that and getting me excited.

Sigh.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
What would be the point of stringing me along, though? He doesn't want sex, and he could just easily say "let's just be friends" instead of sending messages like that and getting me excited.

Sigh.
Some companionship is better than none I guess. For what it's worth, I was never one to kick the can down the road and waste time with someone I couldn't see myself dating for the long term.

Just keep going with it if you really like him, but don't but too much of an emotional investment into it (which it sounds like you already may have).

Old 08-10-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Some companionship is better than none I guess. For what it's worth, I was never one to kick the can down the road and waste time with someone I couldn't see myself dating for the long term.

Hopefully he's the same. He told me before that most of his exes have cheated on him, so I wonder if maybe he's just afraid of getting hurt again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships