Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 08:17 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times

Advertisements

OP, since you are on a loser streak and are about to start college, I would leave it there. Focus your extra time on school. You may even meet a nice guy at college, someone with some ambition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 08:25 AM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
I seem to only attract losers.

I'm 18. I graduated high school early. I have a car, a job, and I'll be starting school soon. I also have my own place.

The only guys ever interested in me are 20-somethings who live at home, have no car, no job, and don't go to school.

The only non-loser who's ever talked to me isn't even interested in dating, lol. Ouch.

So where are decent guys at?

You will lots of guys that will interest you when you start college.That is a good place to start looking. Will you be living on campus or will you keep your apartment. Do you live alone?

Old 08-10-2012, 08:28 AM

684 posts, read 825,194 times
Quote:
Thank you. I was wondering why everyone was being so negative towards me. I'm not some uppity b*tch, I just don't want to be used anymore.

Rep for you.
Thank you.

If you want to meet people with more to offer than you're getting, it would depend on where you live. Someone in LA , New York or London will have a much different time of it than someone in Boise.

If you were in England, I'd suggest going to Knightsbridge or Chelsea: Getting a gym membership there, going to some of the smart clubs or restaurants. In fact, even though you've set things pretty modestly for what you're looking for, you could meet the types of men you're looking for. You'd have to avoid some of the pitfalls of that, where people use the things they have as an excuse not to treat you well, but a poverty-stricken person is just as likely to try to use you as a person of means.

Just know that there's no problem with looking for someone who has their act together. Some people will say there is, but that's simply not right. You can fall in love with a person with success as you can with someone who doesn't have success, but you can only fall in love with someone you meet. If you stay with one particular group, that's the relationship you'll have.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:37 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
Please stop ending sentences in prepositions.
She might from Chicago or midwest. People here end sentences in prepositions and its considered very normal.

To the OP. Youre either attracted to losers and dont even notice decent guys or you look in places where only losers hang. There ar eplenty of decent guys out there, although not too many 18 year olds truly want a decent guy.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:57 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
OP can you state what exactly makes these guys losers. Is it because they try to do like one guy did which is mooch off of you or is it because they don't have what you have? The car, the place, the job. If it's the former than I can understand but if it's the latter well...... I just hope you recognize that in this day and age most people around your age will not have everything that you have unless their parents or someone else is fitting the bill for it. Even if they do have jobs it would most likely be working at a Foot Locker in the mall or something. You can find that guy you're looking for but it may be harder for you than others your age. Unless your willing to date much older guys.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:02 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
I agree with some of the other posters in that you are young and have achieved what most people your age have not (congrats). It seems to me that young people these days (I know I sound like an old fart) aren’t achieving independence as early as they once did. So many I see are into their early 20’s still living at home doing nothing with their life. Take some time and Im sure you will find someone with more direction when you start school. Don’t be in such a hurry to be attached to a guy. You’ve got lots of time so enjoy life.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:14 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I agree with some of the other posters in that you are young and have achieved what most people your age have not (congrats). It seems to me that young people these days (I know I sound like an old fart) aren’t achieving independence as early as they once did. So many I see are into their early 20’s still living at home doing nothing with their life. Take some time and Im sure you will find someone with more direction when you start school. Don’t be in such a hurry to be attached to a guy. You’ve got lots of time so enjoy life.
How old are you 2mares?

Old 08-10-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
The the OP: You like most people have a high opinion of yourself that is not supported by the facts. At 20 years old, most of the future high achievers in your age group are mostly in college, or in the military. Considering your condescending attitude, I have my doubts that you'll ever find someone that fits your standards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Allen 242 View Post
Let's put some things into perspective...you're very young and have some stringent requirements...and that's okay, that's great...but recognize that to realize your criteria you're gonna have to spend some time seperating the wheat from thed chaff...
Maybe because Im from an older generation, but really? Expecting someone in their 20's to have direction, a job, transportation isnt stringent requirements or having a high opinion of yourself. Legal age is 18.

Im beginning to think this country needs to raise the legal age back to 21. I certainly understand we are living in bad economic times, but there are options for kids coming out of HS. They should certainly be aware of the economic environment and make some contingency plan. There is continued education, military, any job, not just chillin until the economy recovers.

I have neices and nephews that have recently graduated or are about to. Some of them have a plan and are working to achieve that, others not so much. They all have equal opportunities. Its more about the ambition and putting the work into moving forward than the economy. It is harder than it once was but it can be done.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
How old are you 2mares?
LOL. Some say older than dirt.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:29 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
Thank you. I was wondering why everyone was being so negative towards me. I'm not some uppity b*tch, I just don't want to be used anymore.

Rep for you.
You can only be used if you let yourself be used. Quit allowing it.

I'm only just into my 30s but you younger people baffle me. Why are many of you so hopped up on being in relationships? Live a little, geez. Single is not the end of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships