Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 02:09 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Maybe rent a prom date sounds like a good idea. Rather than bringing a girl from another country and shipping her back in a few weeks.
Sheesh. Maybe the reason you can't get a date is because you seem to think of women as nothing but commodities to buy and sell... Or in your case, rent.

Regardless, I didnt go to prom. I went to one winter formal dance freshman year with a girlfriend (who promptly ignored me and hung out with her date all night) so I ended up being the awkward girl standing around drinking punch by myself. I went to a bunch of jr high dances, never got asked to one, nor got asked to dance. Did some asking myself, was publicly humiliated and ostracized at school for being a 'loser'. Besides, the night of prom one of my goats gave birth to triplets so even if I did go I would have had to leave early.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 02:51 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Sheesh. Maybe the reason you can't get a date is because you seem to think of women as nothing but commodities to buy and sell... Or in your case, rent.
The girls can use the same service.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:56 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,745,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
For that you just hire a hooker..Same thing
Really? A 30 or 40 year old woman doing it with a teenage boy? And I think a poster thought I was drinking.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:57 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
The girls can use the same service.
I was speaking of his specific quote.

I can't imagine that many girls would use that service, but perhaps there are a few out there. I never in a million years would have used a service like that, and the 3 girls I was 'friends' with all had multiple offers for dates so I know they wouldn't need it. The girls who didnt get invited to prom probably didn't have much vested in it anyway considering they weren't asked. Only the 'lepers' of my school didn't get asked.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:48 AM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Like I said, that's exactly why the service should exist. With the service, these kids can go to prom.
Unless things have changed, you don't need a date to go to prom. I went with a bunch of my girlfriends (all of us single and not asked) and we had a blast. It's just a dance. Unlike what teen movies have told us, going or not going to prom is not a huge deal that's going to affect your social life forever.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:12 AM

36,521 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Personally, I think proms are over rated and over priced. Mail order or renting a prom date just takes them down another notch. Isnt the intent of the prom to be somewhat of a celebration or social for THE STUDENTS. The idea of renting a prom date just defetes the purpose of going to the prom, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships