Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 12:36 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
seriously y'all would prefer to have a nice pre-sexy time sit down with chamomile tea, maybe pull out the kinsey report and research this crap? rather than just making out and figuring it out on the fly, verbally clarifying if needed?

sometimes i feel like i'm taking crazy pills around here
The woman said the guy was "too mean." This isn't about wanting a bad boy in bed, thinking bad boys are somehow better in bed, guys with huge egos thinking they are such hot stuff in bed that they know what every woman wants, etc. She said he was too mean. She didn't say - "We'll see " or "Hmmm... maybe I'll call you, maybe I won't." She said - he's TOO MEAN. Next!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 12:38 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,603,692 times
Quote:
seriously y'all would prefer to have a nice pre-sexy time sit down with chamomile tea, maybe pull out the kinsey report and research this crap? rather than just making out and figuring it out on the fly, verbally clarifying if needed?

sometimes i feel like i'm taking crazy pills around here
Its called denial. CD relationships forum is a perfect place to find it. No wman wants a guy to ask her before doing things in the bedroom, its just common sense.

Old 08-12-2012, 12:38 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,835,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OMG! Women coddle guys too much! All this does is prolong the cluelessness. If someone is with a guy with that many issues (pride, ego, insecurities), she shouldn't be with him in the first place. Sometimes I think women think men are more fragile ego-wise than they really are, but what do I know? But I've overheard men asking each other "did she teach you anything new", like it's really hot to learn new secrets about women's intimate functioning. And women should definitely not be too insecure to speak up in this arena. Again, it only perpetuates the problem. Women need to own their sexuality and be comfortable with it.
Once again, very very well said. 100% agree with you!! 100% agree!
Reeeeeeeeeeep!!!

All the difference between confident women who love and respect themselves just as much as the man they are with. Top of the line women if you ask me. But what do I know, I'm just a confident woman, that's all-- and so are you! I mean of course we all have minor insecurities but geez laweez--

Old 08-12-2012, 12:40 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,603,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
The woman said the guy was "too mean." This isn't about wanting a bad boy in bed, thinking bad boys are somehow better in bed, guys with huge egos thinking they are such hot stuff in bed that they know what every woman wants, etc. She said he was too mean. She didn't say - "We'll see " or "Hmmm... maybe I'll call you, maybe I won't." She said - he's TOO MEAN. Next!
Yes and i made a guess, that a bad boy or a jerk would have a better chance of being more dominant in the bedroom. Do you think i was guessing wrong? Do you disagree?

Old 08-12-2012, 12:40 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,983,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
i'm not even referring to the OP anymore. i put my opinion of that right on page 1 complete with citations of his contradictions

somehow i'm getting lumped in with him though despite about halfway agreeing with a lot of the female sentiment in this thread and providing an alternate perspective. even giving a friggen thumbs up

it's degenerated into the typical CD-relationship nonsense about nice guys versus bad boys and each gender calling each other clueless. Next!

Old 08-12-2012, 12:42 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,835,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I don't have tons of experience with women, but I can say that my past experiences tells me that women are open to telling me what got them off.

But I'm a lot more open about asking than some others I've met. A lot of guys I've met think all they have to do is flop around on top of women, get off, which in turn must mean they got off too. Lol the O's i've given some women in the past says they had no idea what they're doing in the sack.

So yeah, I usually ask unless I've had enough experience with her to know what's going to work. Even then, sometimes it's a little different. Hasn't bothered me, I get'em off eveyrtime.
And I am confident you are being vey honest about the latter too. I have no doubt. That's what makes a good bed partner. Open discussion for both men AND women. No wonder we call you the prince

Old 08-12-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
Um there's a secret to that too. Maaany women will go ahead and use over the counter lubrication without even telling the guy before starting the "deed" just so his ego is not bruised to the fact that he wasn't getting her wet on his own
this isn't some big secret

anyone surprised by this is naive

both genders have their little tricks of the trade, no biggie

certainly gauging a woman's arousal isn't trivial. but it's not like deciphering the rosetta stone either

Old 08-12-2012, 12:46 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
it's degenerated into the typical CD-relationship nonsense about nice guys versus bad boys and each gender calling each other clueless. Next!
No, no, no. No degenerating here. I think we're all pretty much on the same page, well, most of us, anyway. Sounds like a misunderstanding. You're cool, Odysseus.

Old 08-12-2012, 12:49 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
certainly gauging a woman's arousal isn't trivial. but it's not like deciphering the rosetta stone either
Is this about gauging arousal? I thought it was about getting her to maximum arousal, and how that varies, per woman. Oh well. Like I said, what do I know? :-/

Old 08-12-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No, no, no. No degenerating here. I think we're all pretty much on the same page, well, most of us, anyway. Sounds like a misunderstanding. You're cool, Odysseus.
not so cool that i enjoy being called clueless. but no harm no foul

still you know i'm spot on with the hair pulling thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships