Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 11:06 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,826,734 times

Advertisements

Ronz...get up here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 11:21 AM

1,461 posts, read 2,179,163 times
Talking Creativity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
I think we need to start with this:

If you should come into contact with WORK, put your jacket on and take
two good friends to the nearest grocery store. Purchase the antidote
known as Work-Isolating-Neutralizer-Extract (WINE) or
Bothersome-Employer-Elimination-Rebooter (BEER). Take the antidote
repeatedly until WORK has been completely eliminated from your system.

You should forward this warning to 5 friends. If you do not have 5
friends, you have already been infected and WORK is controlling your
life.
LMAO

Quote:
OK. I've been analyzing your situation. Get a dirt bike, or one of those ATVs. Do some wheelys. Fall down. All this within sight of men of course. Get all achy. Need to be carried. Then you hang on to the neck and never let go! THEN he can pay for the new truck

Quote:
Wing him and drag him home
Okaay, this what we want! Way to think outside the box!

Met if any of this stuff works, ya gotta head up this way and give me a hand!!

Old 10-04-2007, 11:42 AM

2,628 posts, read 6,887,802 times
Woot! Xa'at's back! And she's got an hour before she has to go to work!

This thread is a hoot, really. My advice would be to take the dog out for a run, get in front of a nice sized group of hunky Skagwayan men, and start moving in slow motion, like what happens in movies when a guy sees a girl he likes. All the guys will have seen those movies and think they have a crush on you! Once they meet you they'll realize that you pretty much rock at life, and bam! Three years later we'll all be at your wedding!

Old 10-04-2007, 02:29 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,127,072 times
I thought all women moved in slow motion, they fake it sometimes???

Old 10-04-2007, 02:51 PM

18 posts, read 42,394 times
How Funny... You Have Your Own Truck..i Guess That Is Important Up There,,just Like The South...good Luck With The Man Hunt...

Old 10-04-2007, 02:55 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,179,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLB62 View Post
How Funny... You Have Your Own Truck..i Guess That Is Important Up There,,just Like The South...good Luck With The Man Hunt...
Hmmm..I don't have a truck. Maybe that's the problem
Whatdayathink?

Old 10-04-2007, 05:07 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,468,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
It's supposed to be a single woman's paradise here but I haven't been able to find a man in all the years I've been here. When I lived farther north where there was more snow I used to get my pickup truck stuck in a snowbank on purpose every now and then when I'd be feeling in the mood to be rescued by some sweet thing but men would just come along and yank me out and then be on their way. I had my hopes up awhile back when frozen hunks of moose meat kept showing up on my doorstep--figured it was a love token of some sort by some old boy too shy to show his real feelings but by spring time that old moose meat stopped coming around.

I got my own truck that runs, a good dog, my own place, and karla with a k has met me in person and can vouch for the fact that I clean up pretty darn well.

Advice? Not that I'll be listening to any of that bs about how women don't need men or vice versa. Nature ain't that way and if this keeps up I'll be popping one over the head with an empty wine bottle and dragging him back to my cave. It's gonna be a long winter.
Are you willing to ask a guy out? How about rescuing a man stuck in the snow bank? Men are usually receptive to women asking them out... I've done it and no one has said hell no. The last guy I asked out married me

Old 10-04-2007, 07:55 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,887,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessofRandomThoughts View Post
Hmmm..I don't have a truck. Maybe that's the problem
Whatdayathink?
Come to think of it, neither do I. I drive a little suv thing that looks like a subaru but isn't. Hmm...

Old 10-04-2007, 07:59 PM

36,420 posts, read 16,028,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Yes, I've got it all, Xa'at. Wine, truck, dog, new roof being put on my cabin--but yes, let's replace the word "need" with the word "want". I got some new flannel sheets and I want to be warming 'em up before freeze up.
Woo Hoo!! You go girl. Actually, I thought it would be paradise up there, but obviously not. I guess it's like anywhere, you have to make yourself available and get out there!!

Old 10-04-2007, 08:37 PM

5,763 posts, read 11,370,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLB62 View Post
Well Met, I too wish you well on your quest. The last time I visited in Alaska, I was waiting at a grocery checkout line in Fairbanks. This was in early September a few years back, and a woman in line in front of me was wearing a T shirt with a caption on the back that said something similar to:
"Hubby hunting in Alaska - the odds are good but the goods are odd...". She heard me try to put a muzzle on a laugh and turned around. I tried to apologize but then burst out laughing when I saw the picture on the front of her shirt. That picture showed a woman driving her pickup down the road with a guy in a full hunting outfit all tied up, as if she were hauling home the first trophy buck taken at the beginning of deer season. Luckily the woman in the T shirt had a sense of humor, and we shared a few jokes later in the parking lot as it happened that my wimpy rental car was parked just a few spaces from her macho truck. Based on the way I was dressed (no camo, flannel or jeans) and that I was driving a Ford Focus, I'm sure she knew in a flash that I wasn't a local.

Your description of hunting for a guy in Alaska and then seeing your truck photo just brought back that memorable moment in a Fairbanks grocery store checkout counter line.

And that leads to my suggestion - most single guys need to buy food at the grocery store. If you live in a decent sized town, instead of going grocery shopping just once a week, maybe split up your list into pieces and go shopping two or three times a week. Pick a time of day like late afternoon when people go to the store after work. You'd be surprised how easy it is to meet up with people at a place like the grocery store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships