Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 05:10 PM

1,226 posts, read 3,645,810 times

Advertisements

LOL! This is fun, now I don't have to be in the Alaska forum anymore just to read your conversations!

Metlakatla, I've heard there are some free men available on the peninsula. Want to have a go for it?
Äsch, just move up north. There seemed to be a lot less women up there.
(Hey, what do I know about single-life in Alaska?! By the time I get there, I won't be single, so...)
Where do you live now, by the way? What did I miss?

Ask Rance. But remember he's not available anymore

BTW, I liked you car and your trees. They are much bigger on the panhandle, right? (Please say so!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 05:23 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Free men on the Peninsula...that's better. I don't want to take a chance on one of those lower 48 critters. If I drag one up here there would be the risk of him high tailing it back Outside at the first sign of freeze up.

Quote:
BTW, I liked you car and your trees. They are much bigger on the panhandle, right?
Those pics were taken just three miles from Talkeetna.

But I'm on the panhandle now. The trees here are bigger...yellow and red cedar are the largest. I'm looking at a whole bunch of them out my window right now--managed to find a spot where the loggers can't get to.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 10-05-2007 at 05:31 PM..

Old 10-05-2007, 08:53 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
Cute dog, Metlakatla !

Is there a way for your dog to introduce you to some nice single men? Meaning, are there dog parks up there in Alaska and dog day events? Pet stores that you can bring your dog to? Dogs can be great icebreakers and the big bonus is that you're likely to meet another dog lover that way .

What about outdoor sports? Here in Florida, if you wanted to meet single guys you might join a diving group or a sailing group - there must be some comparable sport groups up in Alaska (Mush groups ?). Once you expand your circle of friends/aquaintances, you open up all sorts of possibilities that weren't there before......you have to get yourself out there, and I don't mean 'stranded on the side of the road', something with more structured interaction .

Old 10-05-2007, 09:25 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,395,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Ronz...get up here!
I KNOW I JUST NOTICED THIS THREAD! I'm really falling behind!

Better go get my tickets!

Old 10-05-2007, 09:32 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,888,143 times
Met, when did you leave Skagway? This stuff happens too fast for me...

Old 10-05-2007, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
LOL! This is fun, now I don't have to be in the Alaska forum anymore just to read your conversations!

Metlakatla, I've heard there are some free men available on the peninsula. Want to have a go for it?
(Hey, what do I know about single-life in Alaska?! By the time I get there, I won't be single, so...)
Where do you live now, by the way? What did I miss?

BTW, I liked you car and your trees. They are much bigger on the panhandle, right? (Please say so!)
Oh and by the way, for people who are reading this and aren't a part of our special circle of cyber friends- Sweden and Rance are engaged. Cool, right?
Hope that wasn't a secret...

Old 10-05-2007, 09:38 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,442,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post

(Hey, what do I know about single-life in Alaska?! By the time I get there, I won't be single, so...)Where do you live now, by the way? What did I miss?

Did anyone else pick up on the fact that it will be an overseas wedding???

I vaugly remember something about London as a possibility.....

Old 10-05-2007, 09:42 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,442,889 times
Ronzu, this is like a Salmon run, you have to be in the right place at the right time. Then the available women seem to pass through in groups...

Rance had a net across holding them for a bit, but you didn't show and he no longer uses hooks or closes the net as he is taken.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:44 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,395,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticthaw View Post
Ronzu, this is like a Salmon run, you have to be in the right place at the right time. Then the available women seem to pass through in groups...

Rance had a net across holding them for a bit, but you didn't show and he no longer uses hooks or closes the net as he is taken.
Dannnggggg I already missed out????

Ohhhhh welllll I'll just go then.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:45 PM

Oh, you mean you aren't going to get married wearing waders at the Thane Ore House?! Come on!!
Get married somewhere neat, like right under the Eiffel Tower (and hope no one drops something on you) or in a tree or something. Better yet, get married in that tunnel under the English Channel! How many people can claim they were married under the English Channel...
Or...
ELVIS WEDDING!!

'Nee way,
I want to get married at the top of Mount Juneau. All my guests will have to hike! If they're lazy I might have to do it at the top of Mount Roberts, and have them all ride the tram. Not me, though! I will hike! Not in a wedding gown, mind you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships