Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 01:05 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Congrats & all best wishes to you Dissenter! I am very, very happy to hear about all of your amazing and wonderful progress!

My friend, you are 'da man!

I know you did your best to help The Dissenter behind the scenes, so kudo's to you for your efforts and example.

In life, attitude is everything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 01:07 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Well, Dissenter,

I'm glad to hear/see this post. It takes a lot of insight and "balls" to self examine and admit when we make mistakes or don't do things as well as we should. I was hoping you would get "there", long before you posted this.

I just wanna add, that there will be days when you slip back into your old ways of thinking, just try and be aware is all..... and if you do, that too, is Ok. Just try and not get discouraged on the days where your epiphany isn't quite as strong as when you first have it.

Not to get "negative"... just trying to help.

Chowhound.....

Old 08-13-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Well, Dissenter,

I'm glad to hear/see this post. It takes a lot of insight and "balls" to self examine and admit when we make mistakes or don't do things as well as we should. I was hoping you would get "there", long before you posted this.

I just wanna add, that there will be days when you slip back into your old ways of thinking, just try and be aware is all..... and if you do, that too, is Ok. Just try and not get discouraged on the days where your epiphany isn't quite as strong as when you first have it.

Chowhound.....
I think this is an excellent point - one I was planning to make shortly myself (great minds...)

He does need to know that on a bad day he may be tempted to fall back into a negative way of thinking.

Old habits do die hard after all.

I too hope when he feels that happening, he'll quickly recognize it and roll with the punches until he gets through it.

When you know better, you can do better, but it does take practice

Old 08-13-2012, 03:01 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
But first, I will address the man of the hour:

@ TheDissenter: I am very VERY proud of, and happy for, you at this point in your life...you have addressed a major issue, and been frank and honest about it, and you should be commended for it---and I'm willing to bet it was in you all along, infractions earned here notwithstanding...as you have seen, the 'regulars' here, even those you may have had 'beef' with, stand shoulder to shoulder in wishing you the best from here on out...go forth, young man, and embrace all the blessings life will bestow upon you (LOL---and no, the Captain ain't tryin' to marry you off yet, either!)

Okay...now for my other point:

Boy oh boy...man comes out and says he had an issue, he dealt with it, and shared with the rest of us here, and you just couldn't resist the opportunity to play Rasputia Frickin' Latimore just onnnne more time, could you? Well, I don't' speak for anyone else here, but that junk is getting tiresome

You always want to come on here and bust hard on people anytime anyone dares to disagree with you and your constant Intergalactic Negativity Roadshow...well guess what---I've got frozen dinners in my deep freeze and paver stones in my garden that together are harder than you'll ever be, so where does that leave you?

And I KNOW what's gonna happen next---you'll read this and get all swelled-up and start woofing about 'oh please' and how you don't care, and nobody can tell you anything...newsflash---look out your window sometime, and realize that no matter how you bluster and bark and act like you're the big bad bear in the woods, and we're all suppose to be afraid of you and your shadow, that there are lots of people here and in the real world who frankly don't give a rabid gopher's left toe about how evil and bitter and miserable you are...they've chosen to deal with life head-on, not sit and glare and fume about it

We came here to celebrate with The Dissenter...NOT to hear the same old tired-a** angry sermon about 'whoopee...so you're happy...big whoop'...

You do, as per the rules here, have the right to post whatever you wish, as long as it's OK per the TOS...but the rest of us have the right to disagree with you, and tell you to quit lifting your leg and always trying to pee on everyone else's parade, just because YOU'RE always p***ed-off, doesn't mean everyone else has to deal with it
I think if I weren't already taken, I might ask you to marry me.....heehee Nice post Captain!

Old 08-13-2012, 03:11 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Well, Dissenter,

Chowhound.....
Oh no, you are not negative, just being realistic. I'm sure the rest of my journey will have bad days and temptation to go back into my shell but now that I know what I want and have a decided heart to get it, I refuse to let those bad days stop me from going.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I think if I weren't already taken, I might ask you to marry me.....heehee Nice post Captain!
Hey, get in line Missy, I saw the Captain first

Old 08-13-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
How about we share?

Old 08-13-2012, 04:53 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
How about we share?
Sorry ladies, Catfish is already taken by one very lucky woman.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:03 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Quote:
How about we share?
Ya'll can just step off. I live the closest to him.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Ya'll can just step off. I live the closest to him.
Well shoot! I'll just let go of my dream and head back to my man....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships