Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2012, 02:25 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
Can't wait for tomorrow night. Table-top gaming night. A large collection of geeks from the area conglomerating in order to dominate and have fun. I always hope to fall in love at one of these things
That sounds like fun, and something I would enjoy! Throw in an XBox and I would be in heaven!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
I am Hannah Solo, and I am a nerd.
That's a really cool outfit! Did it take long to make?

Old 08-15-2012, 03:38 PM

864 posts, read 1,454,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
That's a really cool outfit! Did it take long to make?
Not at all. I already had the vest and the shirt. I just picked up a plain navy miniskirt at Goodwill, and sewed the red stripes down the sides.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Not at all. I already had the vest and the shirt. I just picked up a plain navy miniskirt at Goodwill, and sewed the red stripes down the sides.
Looks like you may have gotten a bunch of nerd boys excited!

Old 08-15-2012, 04:57 PM

56 posts, read 48,836 times
Quote:
lol ((blushing)) lol thanks. Those Stormtroopers were real pests at ComicCon, lol. I ended up having to kiss one on the cheek. I prefer scruffy nerfherders though...
Hmm they hit like they always end up doing. Missing.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:10 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
No way, that is awesome! Dexter really is one of the coolest people on this earth. He has a master's in molecular biology and was a PhD candidate at USC, then decided to start a band that ended up being one of the most successful punk rock groups ever, putting out the most successful indie label album ever. He flies planes, and makes some amazing hot sauce. He is truly admirable.
It was pretty funny, because our boss told us a 'high profile client' was coming in, which usually meant a politician or celebrity which mean our day was ruined. Most of them are a-holes who have a mile long list of demands and we weren't even allowed outside the building while they were there. Very irritating. Then, this citation gets taxi'd up with a big Anarchy symbol on the tail with Dexter sitting in the tug with one of our line guys. He told us what he thought was wrong and hung out for a bit while we made a parts list and whatnot.

He really was an awesome guy and I have the utmost respect for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
Can't wait for tomorrow night. Table-top gaming night. A large collection of geeks from the area conglomerating in order to dominate and have fun. I always hope to fall in love at one of these things
Wil Wheaton does a youtube series called 'Tabletop', you should definitely watch it!

Geek & Sundry - TableTop

Me and my friends actually bring games to our local dive bar and play out on the patio. It's pretty great and I've made a ton of friends through it

Old 08-15-2012, 05:18 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Game every Saturday night at my house.

About 6 of us come together under my house, drink beer, and play tabletop games until bout 3-4 in the morning.

Always a ton of fun.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:45 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
So I ended up asking the nerdy guy I met the other week to meet for tea. (We met at a tea place.)

I ended up chatting with his BFF while I was waiting for him (he just happened to be there, they hang out at this place a lot). So we didn't up having a one on one date. We ended up having a 5 hour " 3-way date" including lots of tea and dinner.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:51 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Snip....

Wil Wheaton does a youtube series called 'Tabletop', you should definitely watch it!

Geek & Sundry - TableTop

Me and my friends actually bring games to our local dive bar and play out on the patio. It's pretty great and I've made a ton of friends through it
OH yes I watch all the Geek & Sundry shows. I want to have Felicia Day's babies.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:53 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
So I ended up asking the nerdy guy I met the other week to meet for tea. (We met at a tea place.)

I ended up chatting with his BFF while I was waiting for him (he just happened to be there, they hang out at this place a lot). So we didn't up having a one on one date. We ended up having a 5 hour " 3-way date" including lots of tea and dinner.
How clueless is that guy? 5 hours and he couldn't tell his bro to get lost?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships