Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 07:09 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,302,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
Sounds pretty developed to me So long as you listen to the energy that you are picking up on you should do just fine, as I am sure you have. I went against the grain of my gut ONE time bc like a fool, I just wanted to test it, it was inevitably one of the poorest choices I have ever made. No regrets, but Neva.again. I only need to touch the stove eye once to learn my lesson. Lol
Oh, I know that feeling. But we learn from it. At the same time, it is a good feeling to know that there is this something that you can trust.

There was one instance where I ignored my gut feeling. However, a lot of times I just stopped and observed. Many times, things played out similarly to how I sensed they would.

I must leave now, I have to make my appointment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 07:15 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,830,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
And thats what birth control is for too. If a woman doesn't want to get pregnant, she doesn't get pregnant. it's no coincidence that its the reckless ones who get unplanned pregnancies. You don't see white careerist chicks (Ie: lawyers, bankers, etc.) getting pregnant in their 20's when they don't want to be pregnant. It's because they are cautious and really don't want to get pregnant.
WOW. I actually laughed out loud at this one. Heck almost cried laughing. Thank you, I needed that one. So I now know to just skim right past ALL of your posts. Suffice to say you are as ignorant as they come. No need to contaminate my brain EVER with such futile thoughts of yours. Where is that ignore button?

Signed a "black careerist chick"

Old 08-14-2012, 07:16 PM

203 posts, read 126,002 times
Take away the rules of society and start at square one by looking at man's innate natural appetites. I don't think men (and many women) were constructed for fidelity. Sex (like hunger) is an urge with which one is born and becomes stronger at different stages in one's life. Try eating the same meal day after day when you see other options. Few of us can resist that really yummy dessert. Women will forego, or may even not be interested in, sampling the other gender because, as anthropologists have stated, after a woman bears children, she needs to have the man around until the children become more independent, at which time she is more than likely in a position to provide for them herself.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:18 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,830,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Oh, I know that feeling. But we learn from it. At the same time, it is a good feeling to know that there is this something that you can trust.

There was one instance where I ignored my gut feeling. However, a lot of times I just stopped and observed. Many times, things played out similarly to how I sensed they would.

I must leave now, I have to make my appointment.

Lol, ok the boldest part was so sweet. And yes I agree with all of the above. Hope you make your appointment in time dear!

Old 08-14-2012, 08:19 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,146,671 times
Quote:
But that is what condoms are for. They take out the risk. Other than that, I don't see why going after multiple women is a bad thing.
It's not, in and of itself--as long as you aren't deceiving anyone else in the process.

Quote:
And thats what birth control is for too. If a woman doesn't want to get pregnant, she doesn't get pregnant. it's no coincidence that its the reckless ones who get unplanned pregnancies. You don't see white careerist chicks (Ie: lawyers, bankers, etc.) getting pregnant in their 20's when they don't want to be pregnant. It's because they are cautious and really don't want to get pregnant.
Actually, it happens to "white careerist chicks," too. They just get the morning after pill or have an abortion.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:30 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,565,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Actually, it happens to "white careerist chicks," too. They just get the morning after pill or have an abortion.
My point exactly. If you don't want to get pregnant, you don't. Plenty of options, so I see no reason why a woman would complain unless the guy poked holes in the condoms without her knowledge.

Even if the guy gets STD's or pregnant, does it make it morally wrong for him to play the field and follow his biological urges? Personally me, I don't want to spread my seed, but can we blame a guy who does if his body is telling him to?

Old 08-14-2012, 08:31 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,316,119 times
Quote:
My point exactly. If you don't want to get pregnant, you don't. Plenty of options, so I see no reason why a woman would complain unless the guy poked holes in the condoms without her knowledge.

Even if the guy gets STD's or pregnant, does it make it morally wrong for him to play the field and follow his biological urges? Personally me, I don't want to spread my seed, but can we blame a guy who does if his body is telling him to?
The only 100% way to avoid pregnancy is to not have sex.

I can assure you many an "oops" has happened, even WITH birth control.

And yes, as a society we can blame guys who randomly go around "following their bodily urges" for their lack of personal responsibility.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:42 PM

5,004 posts, read 7,840,598 times
^^^ It takes two to tango.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:02 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,565,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
The only 100% way to avoid pregnancy is to not have sex.

I can assure you many an "oops" has happened, even WITH birth control.

And yes, as a society we can blame guys who randomly go around "following their bodily urges" for their lack of personal responsibility.
But where are these players not taking personal responsibility? If hes not getting her pregnant or in a relationship, he has no responsibility to her.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:58 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,576,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Lilac110 again"
"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Capital again"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships