Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 01:43 PM

96 posts, read 206,095 times

Advertisements

When there's something good right in front of them? Why don't guys like to settle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 01:46 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,835,661 times
Women do it too just as much. Women just tend to be sneakier. Too many answers for this one. Way too many. It depends on the individual.

There are plenty of men that are not like this and plenty of women that aren't either. The key is to know the difference between the two. For me, it is fairly easy to tell.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:48 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,397,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
Women do it too just as much. Women just tend to be sneakier. Too many answers for this one. Way too many. It depends on the individual.

There are plenty of men that are not like this and plenty of women that aren't either. The key is to know the difference between the two. For me, it is fairly easy to tell.

how do u tell

Old 08-14-2012, 01:48 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,101 times
Some people just don't know something good when it smacks them in the face.

Fear of missing out on something else.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:53 PM

96 posts, read 206,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post

How can you tell?

Old 08-14-2012, 01:57 PM

102,198 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Why don't guys like to settle?
Some do, some don't. Find the ones who do. They're around. This is one reason some women prefer shy guys.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
how do u tell
I first always listen to my gut. But me I am very observant and not easily flattered. I have very very high intuition and more often than not I am spot on. So eerily so that my girlfriends will now introduce a man to me for the sole purpose (without him knowing) of asking me later what type of energy did I get from him. No I am not saying I am psychic because I am not. But when you shut your mouth and watch and listen to people (as I did for such a large part of my life) it's amazing what you can pick up on.

I also ask specific questions where your answer and how you answer will tell me a lot.

The reason so many friends of mine trust me now is because I used to tell them my opinion of a guy and they would not listen. So help me the majority of them came back to me and told me it ended for almost the exact reasons that I predicted. It even started to spook me. Also, two girls whom I advised to stick through it with their guy (things were rough for a while with them, but something about those guys told me they were irreplaceable and very compatible with my girls) are now both very happily married to those men and have thanked me so many times and I also became a part of the wedding party for both.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:59 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,198,857 times
You're 18. It's normal for guys your age not to want to settle down. In fact, I consider it smart for young men and women to date all kinds of people and have fun. That's how you learn about yourself and the world around you, and what you want.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Some people just don't know something good when it smacks them in the face.

Fear of missing out on something else.
This one is true too. FOMO is real. Eventually catches up with them too when they began to run out of options. Often times it is too late and they wind up settling or never committing at all.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:01 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
When there's something good right in front of them? Why don't guys like to settle?
What do you mean by "settle "?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships