Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2012, 10:23 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Right, but there are some men that equate me smiling as a blatant come on. You can't win for trying! :P

Some of us are being friendly.

Agree. Sad fact is that there are a lot of losers aka "thirsty" MEN out here that ruin it for all the rest of us guys. Don't let the few idiots ruin your day and cause you to adopt the SH*TTY FACE that so many women have already succumed to. Continue to smile & be friendly. We men appreciate it!!!

Old 08-15-2012, 10:24 AM

977 posts, read 1,815,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Luckily for all men, having balls and courage has nothing to do with being rich or handsome.
A lot easier to have balls and courage if you're rich and/or handsome. I am not saying that in the manner of bitterness or anything, it's just common sense. Also, courage and risk taking behavior are to a large extent innate much as being good looking facially, intelligence, etc are.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:24 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Unfortunately, the not interested reply tends to an endless round of 20 questions.

"why not, do you have a boyfriend?"
"Well if I was your boyfriend, I'd be with you right now."
"You don't want any side action."
"You don't have a ring, so why can't you take my number."
"No one has ever turned me down, you don't want to be the first."
"You haven't experienced XYZ with me yet..."
No I am a lesbian. "Well you just haven't met a man like me, I can turn you straight."

These are samples of the more polite responses.

If more guys just left after you said no, we wouldn't be so annoyed. I find that saying no just leads to more questions/attempts.
So, youre just bringing up few of your own worst expriences and equating those with what im saying. Im sure there have been plenty of guys who bowed out gracefuly, but those arent worth remembering or even talking about. Im not advocating putting up with some sleazy ahole who cant take no for an answer. Im talking about a polite and friendly approach.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:26 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Street pickup is 100% possible, easy to pull off and happens all the time. SOmetimes i get the feel that some of you have this idea stuck in your head where you try to associate the most negative of experiences from your own life with the topic. Im not talking about guys hollering at you or whistling as you walk buy. Im talking about approaching with a smile, confidence, eye contact and in a friendly and non-threatening manner, to let a woman you find her attractive. Being a woman, you have no idea that it takes balls and courage to approach women, since its mans responsiblity supposedly.
I mentioned location in another post. Location gives a context, whereas passing a stranger in the street, how do I know anything about them other than exterior appearance? They could be an escaped mental patient from the minimum security facility in the next town over, for all I know. Some of the worst sexual predators, (i.e. Paul Bernardo), looked like clean-cut, decent guys.

You may perceive yourself as friendly and non-threatening, but the very fact that you are a stranger overrides anything else I may think about you from a passing glance. Men simply don't operate from a place of worrying about safety, in the same way women do.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
A lot easier to have balls and courage if you're rich and/or handsome. I am not saying that in the manner of bitterness or anything, it's just common sense. Also, courage and risk taking behavior are to a large extent innate much as being good looking facially, intelligence, etc are.
I completely agree with you. But being rich or handsome isnt necessary to display that behavior. Women fall for men who are accomplished, guys with influence, guys in power, wealth and great looks but its none of those things in particular that make these men attractive to women. Its the fact that once these guys accomplish something, they ALLOW themselves to behave in a way thats attractive to women, which is exactly congruent with what youre saying. But if guys who posess none of those things on the list, knew how to behave in the same manner, their success with women would be just as great. THis is the big deal many fail to understand.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I mentioned location in another post. Location gives a context, whereas passing a stranger in the street, how do I know anything about them other than exterior appearance? They could be an escaped mental patient from the minimum security facility in the next town over, for all I know. Some of the worst sexual predators, (i.e. Paul Bernardo), looked like clean-cut, decent guys.

You may perceive yourself as friendly and non-threatening, but the very fact that you are a stranger overrides anything else I may think about you from a passing glance. Men simply don't operate from a place of worrying about safety, in the same way women do.
Youre in a street, in a public place with plenty of other people around, and are at the very least equipped with womans intution which is a great tool as you know. I understand your safety concerns, but some take them to paranoia levels which isnt healthy for anyone. Agreeing to a cup of coffee with a man you just met, is a pretty safe scenario and wont leave any scars. Let me tell you this, in a world where men approached women only through association, women would be incredibly depressed, whiny and unhappy.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:34 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Agree. Sad fact is that there are a lot of losers aka "thirsty" MEN out here that ruin it for all the rest of us guys. Don't let the few idiots ruin your day and cause you to adopt the SH*TTY FACE that so many women have already succumed to. Continue to smile & be friendly. We men appreciate it!!!
I am the product of two uber chatty and outgoing southern parents. I am probably going to be bubbly for life. :P

You'll get a smile if you pass me on the street. A wave if you have a cute kid with you!

Quote:
So, youre just bringing up few of your own worst expriences and equating those with what im saying. Im sure there have been plenty of guys who bowed out gracefuly, but those arent worth remembering or even talking about. Im not advocating putting up with some sleazy ahole who cant take no for an answer. Im talking about a polite and friendly approach.
Some people have higher tolerances for annoyances than others. But don't be surprised when you get the cold-shoulder when you have good intentions.

I am not the hottest woman out there, so I can imagine it is much worse for other people. You put up a wall so you can keep moving through your day.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:37 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Youre in a street, in a public place with plenty of other people around, and are at the very least equipped with womans intution which is a great tool as you know. I understand your safety concerns, but some take them to paranoia levels which isnt healthy for anyone. Agreeing to a cup of coffee with a man you just met, is a pretty safe scenario and wont leave any scars. Let me tell you this, in a world where men approached women only through association, women would be incredibly depressed, whiny and unhappy.
Your Mother didn't teach you about stranger danger did she?

From a very early age girls and boys are taught not to talk to strangers. As boys grow up they learn to fend for themselves and they leave that fear behind. Women however, don't. It's an evolutionary protection for the physically weaker sex. You can deny it all you like but that doesn't change the facts.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:40 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,471 times
*shaking my head*

Reading this thread, in particular, the responses offered by women simply reinforce the concept that I have no business whatsoever approaching women. None. How are men supposed to know whether that 'smile' or 'hello' means you ARE interested or NOT interested? How are men supposed to conduct themsleves so that they do not come off as 'creepy'? Most importantly, HOW are men supposed to be able to even MEET women given the abundance of negativity from the women here based on their responses?

*still shaking my head*

Old 08-15-2012, 10:44 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Street pickup is 100% possible, easy to pull off and happens all the time. SOmetimes i get the feel that some of you have this idea stuck in your head where you try to associate the most negative of experiences from your own life with the topic. Im not talking about guys hollering at you or whistling as you walk buy. Im talking about approaching with a smile, confidence, eye contact and in a friendly and non-threatening manner, to let a woman you find her attractive. Being a woman, you have no idea that it takes balls and courage to approach women, since its mans responsiblity supposedly.
+1 Most women hide behind "its a mans job to approch" crap, so they don't know what its like to approach men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships