Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 06:31 AM

684 posts, read 825,121 times

Advertisements

Nimz: In another thread, you had stated that you only date losers.

Believe me when I say that it's only concern that drives this: This will end up being one of those losers. If he can't feel emotions, then he will not bond with you. If he will not bond with you, then everything you do for him will simply be accepted and everything he does for you will be a gigantic burden.

Try to imagine from his perspective, if he truly has no emotion: Someone random, with which he has no connection at all, will be asking for his attention and time. The relationship will be exclusively on his terms. When times are good, they will be very good - When times are bad(And they will be, frequently), they will be very bad.

You deserve better than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 06:39 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,872,469 times
I would briefly. Just long enough for them to feel some sort of attachment before I dropped them like a hot potato. No contact whatsoever. Just disappear off the grid and a month later send them pictures of my new lover.

Oh God, am I a sociopath?

Old 08-15-2012, 08:11 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,192 times
I married one. Skydive Outlaw's post was SPOT ON and sent unpleasant chills through me.

They ARE harmless... for now.

That will NOT last. When your life is in turmoil and every waking day sends your soul screaming because for one reason or another (in my case a child) you are trapped in the situation, you will RUE the day you ever even considered such a thing.

I don't mean "rue" in a poetic sense. I mean you will think countless times "Mother of GOD, why didn't I RUN when I had that much warning? What the hell was WRONG with me?"

If you are actually thinking of having a relationship with someone who has actually expressed openly that a psychiatrist has labeled them a sociopath, then listen to me like you've never listened before:

DON'T! Drop this like a scalding rock, back away as quickly as possible and do NOT venture one step further forward!

On that ubiquitous other hand, if this person has talked about this stuff openly and has even suggested that they are "labeled" or has mentioned the word sociopath, then 1) it's a pity ploy, and 2) odds are even if they're lying, this is an unstable person.

The majority of sociopaths are smooth operators, far more intelligent than they let on, and able to play people in a way that ONLY time will reveal as lies confound themselves and stories shift and change. They are highly Passive-Aggressive in nature, avoid direct confrontation unless they are certain they're in the right about something. More often than not this is behavioural (as in some misbehaviour of theirs) and they KNOW it's wrong but deeply resent you catching them or calling them on it. This will then be justified until it's YOUR fault and they'll resent you for forcing their hand and "making" them do wrong.

If you are truly thinking of this -- for the love of God and all that is holy, DO NOT DO THIS!!!!

Old 08-15-2012, 08:15 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
When times are good, they will be very good - When times are bad(And they will be, frequently), they will be very bad.

You deserve better than that.
Everyone I've ever heard of who got into one of these "relationships" said that times were only good in the very beginning and like a drug addiction they were always wanting to get things back to what they were like the first time but that never happened. Also, there seems to be a genetic component to this so if you were to bear his children. . .

My sis is a sociopath or the mildest kind--she's the kind that will just use people and any money she gets hold of will vaporize, but she is still very, very harmful to anyone she meets and I saw her for the last time in early May and thought I'd probably never see her again and all I felt was relief. Even if I ever do have to see her again, she will not be allowed into my house.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:17 AM

96 posts, read 206,117 times
Ok, ok. I won't date him. It just confused me how innocent, in a way, he seems. Could the doctors have misdiagnosed him? Sociopaths apparently have no emotions, but he does say he loves his aunt. His says he can't cry when he wants to, but he can love certain people, like his aunt. And I know he really loves her because hes brought her up multiple times. And he says he can feel empathy, like he knows when he's hurting someone and knows when to stop. So idk.

And he told me about him being labled a sociopath because he said most people get the wrong idea of him and he just wanted to let me know up front.

I wish I could just attract a "normal" nice guy for once, lol.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:23 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Ok, ok. I won't date him. It just confused me how innocent, in a way, he seems. Could the doctors have misdiagnosed him? Sociopaths apparently have no emotions, but he does say he loves his aunt. His says he can't cry when he wants to, but he can love certain people, like his aunt. And I know he really loves her because hes brought her up multiple times. And he says he can feel empathy, like he knows when he's hurting someone and knows when to stop. So idk.

And he told me about him being labled a sociopath because he said most people get the wrong idea of him and he just wanted to let me know up front.

That is EXACTLY what Ramirez said in that video I posted on the previous page. "I'm just a guy and there is just a lot of mis-information about me in the public from what I've seen and read."

Old 08-15-2012, 08:31 AM

684 posts, read 825,121 times
Quote:
Didn't that one guy hit on you on here? Said he owned a car and a house on that other thread and suggested you meet up?

I thought for sure that was going to be a hilarious story waiting to happen. This didn't happen to be that guy, was it?

If it was, the kind of bad luck that would be means you are now secretly my hero. Meeting someone who says, "I have a house and car. Let's meet up!" On the Internet would mean you're probably the bravest person =ever=.

Now, I'm off home. It's raining just outside London, so it'll probably be raining when I get home. I'm going swimming.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:36 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Would you date someone who is a sociopath? Say this person isn't dangerous at all, they just can't feel emotions like others.
No.

And any emotionally mature woman would run, not walk, away from dating such a person.

You are only 18 - please don't get in over your head!

Be his friend if you want to be, but do not date someone who has already been diagnosed as a sociopath - things will not end well for you.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:39 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
I was involved with one for a number of years. I didn't realize he was a sociopath at the time. I was also fairly young. When we were involved, I admired his "drive." Now I know better and thank god every day I didn't end up with him (a close friend ended up marrying him and it was only after she got involved with him that I was able to see that he was/is a sociopath.)

Old 08-15-2012, 08:40 AM

442 posts, read 615,290 times
Quote:

I didn't understand that this thread was about you.

I'd stay clear of him. You sound like you perhaps feel sorry for him, that isn't the basis for a relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships