Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 09:53 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,207,205 times

Advertisements

There's no reason to write long messages on a dating site. A short paragraph that includes something about a shared interest, point of view, etc. should be enough. At least if she doesn't reply you don't feel like you've wasted a lot of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 09:55 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,594,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Ain't Chris Brown the RB from the Titans that ran for over 2000 yards a couple years ago? Sheesh, he has one semi-off year and people are all over him like he's the scum of the Earth or something. Lay off.
You're thinking of Chris Johnson.

Chris Brown is the popular R&B/pop singer who physically assaulted Rihanna a couple of years ago. I strongly dislike that guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraddPitt View Post
Women would rather have a Chris Brown then a nice guy
Haha. A weak attempt at trolling. You may be correct when it comes to dumb women (and girls). OTOH, women with some sense wouldn't come within 5 miles of Chris Brown or anyone like him.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:57 PM

48,445 posts, read 34,627,532 times
Because you haven't hit it off with women you decide they would rather be beaten by some guy?

Old 08-15-2012, 09:59 PM

41 posts, read 39,714 times
So people say arrogance does attract more females - ok yeah Ill throw in a good dose of arrogance. DEFINATELY less dinner dates is putting a hurt on my wallet ,, I don't know someone my age suggesting a movie? A baseball game is out, just a drive maybe? A walk by the river?
HOnestly the first questions these girls ask are HOW MUCH DO YOU MAKE?? I don't have the best car and I can tell when they lay eyes on it they are disappointed. Where am I meeting these women? Match.com and I probably get one date per 50 messages I send out.
I'm just down and frustrated thats all.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:00 PM

633 posts, read 722,618 times
on serious note, you're not the only 1 OP. i've been having bad luck on my online meets too lately. i think it's karma. it's soo bad, my meets, that im seriously considering deleting my profiles and hitch hike to live in mountains as a hermit.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:01 PM

41 posts, read 39,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinajolie View Post
on serious note, you're not the only 1 OP. i've been having bad luck on my online meets too lately. i think it's karma. it's soo bad, my meets, that im seriously considering deleting my profiles and hitch hike to live in mountains as a hermit.
Do you get a lot of messages from guys ? And if so what would make you ignore them?

Old 08-15-2012, 10:07 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,320,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yep. I keep meeting bad boys and I'm sick of it, so I'm branching out and trying to meet people in other venues.
I'm kind of into ex-bad boys. They've sowed their wild oats and they've kind of settled down by the time they become attractive to me. But none of the guys I've been with has ever been a Chris Brown type, either.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:10 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,320,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPitt View Post
So people say arrogance does attract more females - ok yeah Ill throw in a good dose of arrogance. DEFINATELY less dinner dates is putting a hurt on my wallet ,, I don't know someone my age suggesting a movie? A baseball game is out, just a drive maybe? A walk by the river?
HOnestly the first questions these girls ask are HOW MUCH DO YOU MAKE?? I don't have the best car and I can tell when they lay eyes on it they are disappointed. Where am I meeting these women? Match.com and I probably get one date per 50 messages I send out.
I'm just down and frustrated thats all.
When a woman asks how much you make, there's a very simple response. You hang up the phone, delete the email, end the encounter. This isn't rocket science.

Start emailing different types of women. You know - the ones who have jobs, don't advertise their expensive tastes, have genuine interests and hobbies. The ones who don't advertise their looks as if they were their greatest asset.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:13 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,715,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
When a woman asks how much you make, there's a very simple response. You hang up the phone, delete the email, end the encounter. This isn't rocket science.

Start emailing different types of women. You know - the ones who have jobs, don't advertise their expensive tastes, have genuine interests and hobbies. The ones who don't advertise their looks as if they were their greatest asset.
Yeah but then he'll complain that they aren't pretty enough, yada yada.

Would you like some cheese to go with that whine OP?

Old 08-15-2012, 10:14 PM

48,445 posts, read 34,627,532 times
If some guy asked me how much I make, I would answer "How much I make has no relevancy to you."

Dump A-holes when you find them. No muss, no fuss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships