Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these women would you date?
A. 15 65.22%
B. 6 26.09%
C. 2 8.70%
D. 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 01:21 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,576,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
While I anticipated someone would make a post like this one needs to take a look at the situation - those men in prison never laid on hand on, nor did they abuse the females who took an interest in them. In fact, just the opposite. In more research one would find that neither of these men ever did anything abusive to their girlfriends before they went to prison. So, you can't always draw that conclusion. If anything, this makes that statement even more confusing.
I'm pretty sure that one of these guys raped women so that's plenty of abuse.

Not to mention the love Chris Brown got after beating the **** out of a woman. He still had plenty of admirers after that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 01:23 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
By the way, Lyle's second wife, Rebecca Sneed, was the magazine editor, not Anna.

Don't get me wrong, Thursday. I'm not trying to rain on your parade. Just that there are some facts here that need to be checked, which can detract from the credibility of what you say.

Maybe you could link us to the original study?

It is unpublished as I stated.

In truth the real crux of the post is in the Psychological aspects of the core fundamentals of what one really wants in realtionships and is there something to be learned about that? I leave you with more questions than answers. The looks of the women were really the surface of something worth skimming and that is we all age no matter what so choose more than looks, and you never know what you are really going to get based on looks alone. But that is something we've been beaten to death with, it was just worth mentioning. It is more about keeping a man or woman in your life and it appears with hundreds of women vying for the attention of these men what we are deemed to believe we want may really be secondary to the real core wants and needs that keeps a person with you for 7, 11 years or the rest of your life. Real attention and intimacy, verses sex and material wealth.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:24 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
I'm pretty sure that one of these guys raped women so that's plenty of abuse.

Not to mention the love Chris Brown got after beating the **** out of a woman. He still had plenty of admirers after that.
Are you jealous? It sounds like you are jealous. And that is utterly ridiculous. Why would you want to be with someone that hated themselves so much that they thought they deserved to be beaten? Why would you want to be with someone that was afraid of you? A woman that stays with her abuser is not right in the head. Neither is the abuser. And this is something you are jealous of?

Old 08-19-2012, 01:30 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:

In truth the real crux of the post is in the Psychological aspects of the core fundamentals of what one really wants in realtionships and is there something to be learned about that? I leave you with more questions than answers. The looks of the women were really the surface of something worth skimming and that is we all age no matter what so choose more than looks, and you never know what you are really going to get based on looks alone. But that is something we've been beaten to death with, it was just worth mentioning. It is more about keeping a man or woman in your life and it appears with hundreds of women vying for the attention of these men what we are deemed to believe we want may really be secondary to the real core wants and needs that keeps a person with you for 7, 11 years or the rest of your life. Real attention and intimacy, verses sex and material wealth.
I don't understand what the changing in looks has to with the disturbed women wanting to date psychopaths. These people are not representative of the population and that's the message I was getting from the longer summary presented earlier. Further, since you have not seen the unpublished study how do you know it's real?

Old 08-19-2012, 01:30 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,576,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Are you jealous? It sounds like you are jealous. And that is utterly ridiculous. Why would you want to be with someone that hated themselves so much that they thought they deserved to be beaten? Why would you want to be with someone that was afraid of you? A woman that stays with her abuser is not right in the head. Neither is the abuser. And this is something you are jealous of?
Not jealous at all. As I've said in my posts, I don't go after women who have a history of being abused. I just think its ridiculous that you hear all this stuff about a guy should respect a woman, buy her flowers, be a gentleman, compliment her endlessly, yet you have a huge percentage of women who only respond to the opposite (IE: Abuse). Personally I'm done with women with those kinds of issues, but the pool of datable women who don't have a history with abuse is not huge. So I'm already limited by that. Trying to find a stable woman who doesn't respond to ******* behavior at all is difficult, but I do think there are a few out there even if they are rare.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:34 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Not jealous at all. As I've said in my posts, I don't go after women who have a history of being abused. I just think its ridiculous that you hear all this stuff about a guy should respect a woman, buy her flowers, be a gentleman, compliment her endlessly, yet you have a huge percentage of women who only respond to the opposite (IE: Abuse). Personally I'm done with women with those kinds of issues, but the pool of datable women who don't have a history with abuse is not huge. So I'm already limited by that. Trying to find a stable woman who doesn't respond to ******* behavior at all is difficult, but I do think there are a few out there even if they are rare.
From what I can tell from your posts, your social circle is completely different from mine. Huge percentage of women who only respond to abuse? First of all, if it were a huge percentage - that would mean that most women get abused. That is certainly not the case. Secondly, NOBODY WANTS TO BE ABUSED. I'm not sure why you can't understand that. Seriously. You sound like you are one step away from being an abuser. I repeat, NOBODY WANTS TO BE ABUSED.

Get some new friends. Apparently, everyone you know is involved in an abusive relationship and the wives don't let their single friends come over in front of their husbands.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:36 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:

Even if it is unpublished, you must have found at least a citation for it somewhere, or else you would not have mentioned it. Unpublished studies can still be cited as preliminary, results pending, in progress, etc. If it was a national study, there is probably a grant for it somewhere.

Could you please link us to, or at least name the organization doing the study and its funding source, so that we can follow up on our own?

I'm not trying to be a PITA, but when people claim research, I want to see for myself.

By the way, you should know that if you have the inside track on a recent study that the researchers have submitted for peer review, and they have not discussed their results publicly, you shouldn't be talking about what they found because it can compromise their chances of being published.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:36 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
And the one's who do not respond to violence would be interested in you why?

Anyhow, the message that you should respect other human beings and treat them with kindness will either make perfect sense to you or not. At this stage of the game it's not something you can learn. It's innate, in your chemistry and in your upbringing. Past the early 20s and it's a done deal for most people.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:37 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,984,124 times
Quote:

basically nine pages to say "don't judge a book by it's cover" and note that there is a dark side to attraction

meh. with enough vagueness we can make anything about everyone

don't shrug off the picture thing. when a quarter of your OP is clearly and factually incorrect it makes it blows the whole thread's credibility

a good response to such an error is something along the lines of "whoops my bad" rather than "no that's not important"

sorry to be a bit rough on you here, often i agree with what you post. but i feel this thread should go the way of the dodo bird

Old 08-19-2012, 01:42 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
basically nine pages to say "don't judge a book by it's cover" and note that there is a dark side to attraction
When it comes to murderers, the point about not judging a book by its cover would best be made by looking at the sociopaths themselves. Start with Ted Bundy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships