Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 09:17 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,983,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
You look rather toned dude, stop worrying.
i think he might just be trying to get a few phone numbers from ladies here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 09:25 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
I don't usually like skinny. But you know body isn't everything. I am sucked by a great smile, no matter the body type. Smile, be friendly, you'll be fine.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:08 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,363 times
As you age, eventually you will put on 'some' weight. Might he 3 years, as many guys do, might be 10-15 years, as it was for me. Although I am not nearly your height, I have always been considered skinny. I went 3-4 years, during my 21-25 years old phase where I was eating at least 3000 calories a day. I got up to 170 once, then coinsedenselly, I got food poisonin and couldnt get past 160 for many many years. (I now weigh 'only' 170 on a good day)
I also tried really hard to lift weights and gain muscle during my high calorie days. I was in great shape, but no matter what, I couldn't bulk up. My work out partner ended up getting huge, and we did the same routine. He was baffled as to how I plateoud in the gym, and couldnt get 'big'.
Most people dont understand what it is like to be 'skinny'. They all say the same thing 'awe, poor you, i would trade you my fat for your skinny anytime.'
But, guys give each other a lot of flack, and being skinny in todays world is not considered as manly as no being skinny.
that being said, you are what you are. Try to enjoy life, and be at peace that you don't have to bust your ass to keep weight off. The woman will appreciate you being fit. Of course, honestly, some woman love BIG muscles, but there are millions of other woman that will like you.
Do what the others say, have fun, be yourself, and be funny. The physical part is what it is, and you have the least control over that.
You can control your confidense and personnality though.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:15 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Putting on muscles to attract women isn't for me. I'll only do as much to keep in shape, don't even wanna look like the Hulk.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:20 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
I don't favor lanky. But your a cute guy, and you should do fine.

(Just a reminder, it's not like in the US all the women get together and place a vote and what we are liking for the current year)

1,523 posts, read 1,953,883 times
You have a gorgeous smile

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I don't usually like skinny. But you know body isn't everything. I am sucked by a great smile, no matter the body type. Smile, be friendly, you'll be fine.
You have a smile that lights up the room, OP. And there's nothing left to tone, you're already there. So what's the problem? It's all in your head. Get on with your life.

Old 08-18-2012, 02:52 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,428,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfinAintEasy View Post
6'3 166, 20yo here, pretty athletic small frame build i play soccer n surf... I just got back from France n spain on vacation (MAD FUN!!) and pretty much felt comfortable all over the place since everyone there is skinny like me. Now I'm back in the states and i see a bunch of walking meat heads everywhere so I'm thinking of becoming one as well to please the ladies

I've tried eating 4000 calories a day but that doesn't help at all

I've also tried the mcdonalds diet, like going there for bfeast lunch dinner etc.. didn't work i still woke up the next morning with literally no stomach fat whatsoever...

so yeah in terms of relationships (since i gotta be on topic and all) i gotta say that being this skinny in this country is pretty much a disadvantage since it seems to me like everyone goes to the gym and lifts weights and does all that ****.. like trying to imitate american football players

so my questions is do women like tall skinny men in this country or is it better to adapt to increase your chances?

first post btw
Well, 35-year old pizza-loving "milfs" don't seem to have any problem with skinny guys, apparently.

Old 08-18-2012, 03:23 PM

706 posts, read 1,179,837 times
I've never been attracted to skinny guys...I like a good amount of muscle on a man.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:19 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
I've never been attracted to skinny guys...I like a good amount of muscle on a man.
The OP isn't skinny. He has a good amount of muscle. I'm not sure why he's even posting. Maybe he has body dysmorphic disorder, where he perceives his body as never good enough, no matter how buff it gets. It happens to guys as well as women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships