Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 09:35 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Then he tries to grab my phone, basically demands to know who I'm speaking to, and accuses me of being a b****. How can you just meet someone and try to grab their phone??? How ridiculous. Crazy alert. So I basically continue ignoring him. Eventually he leaves, but not without throwing rolled up napkins on me on his way out.

I wish I could say this is the first time I just met someone out and they demand to know who I'm speaking to or why I'm on the phone. None of your business! I really cannot understand male behavior.
Yeah he was totally wrong to do that. You were being a b*tch, and he should've just found someone else to talk to instead of grabbing your phone. He didn't handle it well.

Quote:
I understand there's a bit of a generational issue going on here. It's pretty common for me to be out with someone who replies to texts. I'm in my 20s. Sometimes if they're texting someone else they'll ask for advice on what to say or text that they're with me and what they're doing. I understand this is difficult for older people.
No, it's really not. I'm in my 20's and I hang out with people in their 20's. Only b*tches will sit there and text.

Even if i'm out with my best friends, they will apologize for texting when we're out.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:47 AM

41 posts, read 39,785 times
I don't understand women this age every one of you can be counted on to be glued to your phone 24/7. You constantly ignore the real people around you to stay in touch with some pseudo real person some place else. And the fact you don't get this is rude speaks volumes about you. AND STOP TEXTING WHILE DRIVING!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-21-2012, 09:51 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazah1080 View Post
Young and full of ego...... haha. How many people telling you that yes you were rude will it take?
People obviously aren't important to her.

(Their advice , I mean. She still wants their attention, obviously.)

Old 08-21-2012, 09:55 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,876,725 times
Quote:
Super annoying. So unattractive. Way to let the girl know you're crazy.

Unbelievably this has happened to me several times. The last time was at a pub style place a couple of blocks from my home, out with my roommate. These dudes were sending us over rounds of drinks. As I got up to go the bathroom, I thanked them, whatever. Came back and one of the dudes was actually really interesting, cute and non-creepy so when they stopped me I started talking to them. Eventually one of them grabbed my roommate too to join us. We're having a good time, getting tipsy. One of them starts dominating the conversation with me, which I found annoying but whatever he seemed ok. Muscular, guido-ish, attitude. I notice he is slowly getting more obnoxious and he's kind of giving me some attitude as I'm getting a little colder. Meanwhile I'm texting several people as usual.

Then he tries to grab my phone, basically demands to know who I'm speaking to, and accuses me of being a b****. How can you just meet someone and try to grab their phone??? How ridiculous. Crazy alert. So I basically continue ignoring him. Eventually he leaves, but not without throwing rolled up napkins on me on his way out.

I wish I could say this is the first time I just met someone out and they demand to know who I'm speaking to or why I'm on the phone. None of your business! I really cannot understand male behavior.
lol...this always happens to you...you come on here expecting sympathy for your rude behavior...and it backfires. I think you have some weird perspectives on what is acceptable behavior and what is not..but hey...its your life

Old 08-21-2012, 09:57 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,304,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Even if i'm out with my best friends, they will apologize for texting when we're out.
Funny, I didn't see anyone at that bar apologizing for texting while they were out. Yet I was the only one who ended up with napkins thrown at me. Crazy undersexed male behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
...you come on here expecting sympathy for your rude behavior...
Haha, if you knew anything about my online behavior, it's that sympathy is the furthest from the reaction I seek to elicit.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:57 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
People obviously aren't important to her.

(Their advice , I mean. She still wants their attention, obviously.)
eh, her mind was already made up before she even posted.

I don't think she ever expected anyone to dissagree with her, but the truth is, she doesn' care. I'm sure she went out the next night, got 5 phone numbers, and didn't spend a nickle while guys bought her drinks all night.
Her world is different due to the endless line of guys who will do almost anything to impress her.

Problem is, she doesn't think there is anything wrong with how she responds to said line. She gets what she wants, no matter what she does or how she responds.

The other part is, she is not the only one who has this mentality. Seems to be an epidemic....

Old 08-21-2012, 09:59 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times
Quote:
I understand there's a bit of a generational issue going on here. It's pretty common for me to be out with someone who replies to texts. I'm in my 20s. Sometimes if they're texting someone else they'll ask for advice on what to say or text that they're with me and what they're doing. I understand this is difficult for older people.

That is just crazy, imo. I'm sure 95 percent of the people you're sharing small talk with wouldn't interrupt their conversations for you nor be bothered that you wouldn't for them.
100% of the people on this thread are not agreeing with you.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:03 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Total duck face behavior.

I had to google duck face. I learned something today.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:12 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,039 times
Quote:
In CD land, taking someone's property and throwing it twice is so much more normal and acceptable than being in a bar where half the crowd has their smartphones out and the other half is staring at the televisions. Less internet time and more real world time required.
Yes babeechick, because we all know you are so far above the CD land that all of us should keep it in mind, when replying to your well thought out and educational posts. Ive been to more bars that I care to admit to. I text all the time and hang out with people that do the same, but it doesnt change the fact that you acted in a rude way, although you will never admit to it.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:14 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,876,725 times
Quote:
Funny, I didn't see anyone at that bar apologizing for texting while they were out. Yet I was the only one who ended up with napkins thrown at me. Crazy undersexed male behavior.

Haha, if you knew anything about my online behavior, it's that sympathy is the furthest from the reaction I seek to elicit.
Then what is it you are trying to get by posting an an OP on here less popular than John Edwards? If its to be provocative, they have a word for such a poster, it rhymes with Roll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships