Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 03:37 PM

8 posts, read 8,555 times

Advertisements

It's not a red flag because it's just little stuff. if a luggage was there then I'd consider it a red flag!

Whether you think you are right or wrong...you're right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 03:47 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
a man or woman you were dating still had their ex's belongings after being split up for 6+ months? Would this bother you? What I mean by belongings are a couple of clothing items that are not stashed away, women's shampoo, women's personal hygiene items, pictures, her hair wraps and scarves.. All of these things are not put away but still seemingly left exactly where the ex last left them.

Likewise men, how would you feel if a lady friend you had been seeing still had her ex's men's shampoo, men's shaving cream, men's razor, couple of boxers, robe, pictures placed in her bathroom, closet, or out in the open after 6+months of cutting it off from him?

Would you find this to be a red flag that he or she has possibly not moved on or healed from the past relationship?

I was reading a thread on another forum (yes I am cheating on you fine C-D'ers , lol) and was suprised at the responses given. I had no idea so many people did NOT see this as a red flag. I just could not see myself comfortably dating a guy who still had his ex's belongings everywhere out in the open as if she still lived there, especially after 6 or more months had passed.
definately a huge red flag. She would have serious explaining to do. And if my gut didn't believe her, I would probably stop seeing her.
For all I know, they are still FWB.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:07 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
That would be red flags to me. A picture in a box in a closet wouldn't bother me, but pictures still displayed?? No way! And I'm not sure why you would keep their personal items...that's weird. If a guy left his tooth paste behind then yeah I'd probably use it, but what use would I have for his razor or body wash?? Weird...

Old 08-17-2012, 04:13 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:

Likewise men, how would you feel if a lady friend you had been seeing still had her ex's men's shampoo, men's shaving cream, men's razor, couple of boxers, robe, pictures placed in her bathroom, closet, or out in the open after 6+months of cutting it off from him?

I would use the shampoo, shaving cream, and razor (if new) until the contents were gone or no longer useful. If the boxers and robe fit, I'd wear them. And as for the pictures: take photos of myself and insert them into the frames.

[she's mine now - BOOYAH!]

Old 08-17-2012, 04:20 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
a man or woman you were dating still had their ex's belongings after being split up for 6+ months? Would this bother you? What I mean by belongings are a couple of clothing items that are not stashed away, women's shampoo, women's personal hygiene items, pictures, her hair wraps and scarves.. All of these things are not put away but still seemingly left exactly where the ex last left them.

Would you find this to be a red flag that he or she has possibly not moved on or healed from the past relationship?

I was reading a thread on another forum (yes I am cheating on you fine C-D'ers , lol) and was suprised at the responses given. I had no idea so many people did NOT see this as a red flag. I just could not see myself comfortably dating a guy who still had his ex's belongings everywhere out in the open as if she still lived there, especially after 6 or more months had passed.

You cheater you I will fight to keep here you know!

This kind of stuff COULD be a red flag, but most likely just indicates a lazy procrastinator, lol.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:22 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,470,434 times
Let me put it this way. When I first met my current wife, not only was her ex's clothing and toiletries scattered around, the ex was still living there too! Seeing as how they had started - and ended - as housemates with a lease, I can see how this came about. However, they were done, and she chose me. No problem, just a little yellow flag at first.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:21 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
A few things from an ex is alright. But I put them away. I have old pics. Book of memories from the prom. And fun party times,Picnics, holidays and such. But none are displayed. Only one was for my son's benefit.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:37 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,835,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
A few things from an ex is alright. But I put them away. I have old pics. Book of memories from the prom. And fun party times,Picnics, holidays and such. But none are displayed. Only one was for my son's benefit.
Aw Raenna I didn't know you had a son. I bet you're an awesome mommy!!

Old 08-17-2012, 06:45 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,831 times
I had a friend who dated a woman who's husband recently passed away. She not only kept her husbands personal belongings. She had my friend wear his clothes (which he agreed to do). Sad and creepy.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:47 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Here's a question...how tidy is this person?

Maybe he just hasn't reorganized his stuff since she left.

I know if my husband and I ever split, he'd probably never clean out the bathroom cabinets or get rid of my stuff...he'd use it (the shampoo and toiletries...not the make-up!)...LOL
This one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships