Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2012, 12:53 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
So its easy to see why a 40-45 year old man would want a 25-35 year old woman. They are younger, more attractive, more fertile, less baggage, etc. Maybe a 40 year old woman is more mature, but maturity has never given a man a boner, only shrunk it.
Younger women have less baggage? Not these days. Look around. Not only do they have plenty of baggage, having started dating and having sex at a much younger age than women did 30 years ago, but they lack the maturity to carry their baggage themselves. Therefore they create a helluva lot more drama than women over 40 do. I'm in my mid-40s, and if I've heard it once, I've heard it 1,000 times--from men much younger than myself, to boot.

As for your boner comment, you need to look around with respect to that, too. Plenty of older women with younger men. Wow. You really seem to be out of touch. No offense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 12:55 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Quote:
You are trying to rationalize your decision with this post. If a 40 year old relatively attractive man wants a kid, someone like you has little value. 40 years old is literally at the wall as far as conceiving babies goes for women. Then factor in that it would take a few years of dating and you guys would need to try conceiving immediate (rushing the whole process), you might be 42-43 by that time. Then the odds get slimmer. So you have small odds of conceiving, plus huge odds for birth defects because older women equals high risk of birth defects. Also have to factor that you will likely only have 1 kid at best so if he wants multiple, he is outta luck.

So its easy to see why a 40-45 year old man would want a 25-35 year old woman. They are younger, more attractive, more fertile, less baggage, etc. Maybe a 40 year old woman is more mature, but maturity has never given a man a boner, only shrunk it.
A 40+ man only has himself to blame for being childless just like the older women you are blaming do. Sure an older man may desire a younger woman but if he brings nothing to the table besides his age he's has less value than you say a woman like I does. If he's a good looking and rich, sure he can be picky, but obese, not well off? nope he will not get that hot woman he desires. As for age, what if he is infertile or the younger woman is then what? or if he can't get it up then maybe she will divorce him. As for birth defects older men also have a high risks, especially obese men as most older men carry extra weight. Baggage? all people carry baggage and a younger woman will have baggage and that baggage may include wanting to screw around with others.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
A 40+ man only has himself to blame for being childless just like the older women you are blaming do. Sure an older man may desire a younger woman but if he brings nothing to the table besides his age he's has less value than you say a woman like I does. If he's a good looking and rich, sure he can be picky, but obese, not well off? nope he will not get that hot woman he desires. As for age, what if he is infertile or the younger woman is then what? or if he can't get it up then maybe she will divorce him. As for birth defects older men also have a high risks, especially obese men as most older men carry extra weight. Baggage? all people carry baggage and a younger woman will have baggage and that baggage may include wanting to screw around with others.
When I was 25, 40 was old. Heck, 30 was old!

And that is what men like Capitol don't realize. They want hot 25-year-olds. But hot 25-year-olds also want hot 25-year-olds!

Old 08-27-2012, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Someone up-thread, or maybe it was in another thread, mentioned how on one hand, some of the men here complain that young women are too hung up on partying and material things to make suitable marriage partners, and yet some of those same men are the first to natter on about women supposedly "losing worth" or being less attractive after 30. Then there are those who, like you say, think they can put it off and put it off and then just go out and find a young wife. But guess what? A lot of those men will then turn around and say that women in their 20s are--you guessed it--too hung up on partying and material things. Then women in their 30s are going to come with baggage or are somehow defective.

The way I see it, the problem with such men is all theirs.

Thing is, not all men are like that. Not by a long shot. If it's in a man's heart to genuinely love a woman and want a family with her, her age isn't going to matter.
There are still great men out there so I don't worry but yes I get a kick out of these men who waited to marry and then complain. They complain because the younger ones don't want them and complain older women have baggage. Other men who are mature realize they want a woman who is mature and out of partying. I never hesitate to mention that many of the men I know who found themselves single late in life were having lots of sex with the 20something women and not committing then got older and blamed women for doing the same thing.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:01 AM

Quote:

And that is what men like Capitol don't realize. They want hot 25-year-olds. But hot 25-year-olds also want hot 25-year-olds!
In my 20s I was approached by 40 year old men and I thought they were perverts it was creepy. Now I am often approached by much older men, including in their 60s and 70s and it creeps me out. No way am I going to marry a man who is a senior citizen and getting up there healthwise.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:01 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,996 times
Quote:
Younger women have less baggage? Not these days. Look around. Not only do they have plenty of baggage, having started dating and having sex at a much younger age than women did 30 years ago, but they lack the maturity to carry their baggage themselves. Therefore they create a helluva lot more drama than women over 40 do. I'm in my mid-40s, and if I've heard it once, I've heard it 1,000 times--from men much younger than myself, to boot.

As for your boner comment, you need to look around with respect to that, too. Plenty of older women with younger men. Wow. You really seem to be out of touch. No offense.
10 years of life equals 10 years more to get baggage. a 25 year old woman has much less baggage than the 35-40 year old. for one, the 25 year old probably isn't divorced, doesn't have kids, has less ex's. The last point is important. the longer you live, the more ex's you accumulate, and the more ex's you accumulate the higher chance of some issue.

So if a 40 year old is so awesome, why not get a 25 year old and enjoy 15 years of her physical prime, then get her awesome 40 year old year, instead of going for a 40 year old who might be awesome now, but is on a steep decline post-peak?

Most older women-younger men couples involve attractive older women or real horny men. That's not indicative of the true population. Most 40 year old women aren't capable of consistently attracting a young stud.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:03 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,996 times
Quote:

Not true. Hot 25 year old females want older men. Just how old is up for debate. For some its 27-28. some its 30-33. For some of them its even older. But in general women (especially attractive ones) want older stable men.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:05 AM

Quote:
10 years of life equals 10 years more to get baggage. a 25 year old woman has much less baggage than the 35-40 year old. for one, the 25 year old probably isn't divorced, doesn't have kids, has less ex's. The last point is important. the longer you live, the more ex's you accumulate, and the more ex's you accumulate the higher chance of some issue.

So if a 40 year old is so awesome, why not get a 25 year old and enjoy 15 years of her physical prime, then get her awesome 40 year old year, instead of going for a 40 year old who might be awesome now, but is on a steep decline post-peak?

Most older women-younger men couples involve attractive older women or real horny men. That's not indicative of the true population. Most 40 year old women aren't capable of consistently attracting a young stud.
Likewise most 40 year old men aren't capable of attracting a hot 25 year old. Besides a 25 year old woman wants a man with no baggage either. When I was 25 if a 40 year old guy hit on me I was repulsed.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:05 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:

And 40 year old men have just as much baggage.

What 25 year old woman with her whole life ahead of her would want to deal with that? There's no way I'm dealing with bitter old man at this point in my life... I'd rather be single.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
There are still great men out there so I don't worry but yes I get a kick out of these men who waited to marry and then complain. They complain because the younger ones don't want them and complain older women have baggage. Other men who are mature realize they want a woman who is mature and out of partying. I never hesitate to mention that many of the men I know who found themselves single late in life were having lots of sex with the 20something women and not committing then got older and blamed women for doing the same thing.
Here's the thing: A 25-year-old hottie is going to have men of all ages slobbering all over her, right? So why would SHE go for the 40+ man? Because he has money? So what? She can make her own. But if money is alluring to her, plenty of 30-year-old men have money. No need to look to the 40somethings for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships