Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 03:26 PM

495 posts, read 684,299 times

Advertisements

The graff seems logical because mens biggest attraction triggers are heavily dependent on looks.Womens on the other hand are heavily dependent on status and security.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 03:30 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,583,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Are you going to spend your whole life blaming and pointing fingers?
What?

I made valid points. It's true, many guys over 40 don't look so well, but consideration has to be taken that they had hard jobs or they were under lots of stress so they could take care of their families.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:33 PM

102,181 posts, read 107,774,599 times
^^^ How does that explain the over-40 guys who had desk jobs and look like a bomb hit them, anyway? Some guys just plain don't age well.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:38 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
What?

I made valid points. It's true, many guys over 40 don't look so well, but consideration has to be taken that they had hard jobs or they were under lots of stress so they could take care of their families.
Plenty of people bust their arses, and the pasty office jockey with a jelly role for a middle only has himself to point fingers at. Further, the men aren't conditioned to take care of themselves remark means what exactly? That men aren't conditioned to be grown-ups? Whose responsibility is that exactly?

Old 08-27-2012, 03:43 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,346 times
I know, this makes no sense at all. I'm sorry but there is no excuse not to take care of one's self. I have seen so many sloppy men and a bath and good hygiene is something we should all strive for. I don't date slobs and I know not one woman who does, except my former wacko friend who has severe mental problems (and really needs to be in a hospital she's that bad).

So I guess the point of that comment is we should give slack to older out of shape men who think they can attract much younger women. Nope.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:36 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,669,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Yes I have a great personality, wisdom, financial stability, brains, and so much more. Yes I bring looks too but that shouldn't matter as much at my age.
A man gets these things from his male friends, except for financial stabiltiy. And since you.arent looking to date unemployed men, they dont need your money. Why should a man choose you as a wife and mother? Not trying to be.rude here, it truly is an important question.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:38 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,669,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I beg to differ. Ask any man who has dealt with an immature drama queen whether he values maturity.
Maturity is what may keep a woman from being rejected, but it doesnt actually attract a man. No man ever says, "I met her and fell in love because she is so darn mature. i had to put a ring.on that mature finger!"

Old 08-27-2012, 04:48 PM

460 posts, read 981,693 times
Physical attractiveness for both men and women is mid-20s if they take care of themselves. No potato chip and ice cream diet. No couch potato syndrome. For those who do not take care of themselves, the peak can be 20.

For highest demand in the dating market though, early to mid 20s for women and mid-30s for men. Status and experience delay the peak years for men. For women, it really is all about youth and nulliparity (no kids yet)

Old 08-27-2012, 05:35 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,214 times
I'm not very old so my experience is kind of limited. So far I've found myself attracted to women of every ethnicity. Since I grew up in Asia my preference is for non-Asian women, at least at the moment. I just moved to the states so I guess this an opportunity to date outside of my ethnicity. Agewise I obviously prefer women around my age, 21, but I've found quite a few older women alluring too. And since cougars are more socially acceptable here in West Coast US than in my Muslim country of origin, I suppose this might be an good opportunity to date older women too, since women in the 19-25 age bracket....ehhhh.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:49 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Maturity is what may keep a woman from being rejected, but it doesnt actually attract a man. No man ever says, "I met her and fell in love because she is so darn mature. i had to put a ring.on that mature finger!"
Actually....that's exactly what my uncle said about my older aunt. All the women his age were extremely immature and he wanted to settle down and be an adult. He met my aunt and you better believe he put a ring on that finger!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships