Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2012, 11:18 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Because when she made no reference to the date, I didn't either and made other plans
Why didn't you bring it up?

Sample convo:

She: Sorry I've been out of touch this week. My dad is in the hospital and it's been really stressful.

He: I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I'm sure that must be difficult for you.

She: Yes. We're very close.

He: I completely understand if you need to take a rain check on our plans for tomorrow night.

She: No! I need a night out to get my mind off things if that's okay with you.

He: Sure thing. I'm looking forward to it. Hope you sleep well. Have a good evening. I'll see you tomorrow at 7.

She: See you then!

If she'd said she really would like a rain check because she's exhausted from the week's events, the courteous thing to do is offer one.

Since you've never been out, it's awkward to call a relative stranger to discuss an ill family member.

It's not so odd that she wasn't in contact until Friday night. She was likely trying to touch base because she knew you two had plans.

Believe it or not, most women don't make plans, ignore a man on purpose, then show up for a free dinner.

If I couldn't be bothered to talk to a guy (provided I was free that week and not trying to attend a hospitalized parent), I damned sure wouldn't wanna waste my time getting dressed for dinner.

I think you made a big deal out of nothing.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:26 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Why didn't you bring it up?

Sample convo:

She: Sorry I've been out of touch this week. My dad is in the hospital and it's been really stressful.

He: I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I'm sure that must be difficult for you.

She: Yes. We're very close.

He: I completely understand if you need to take a rain check on our plans for tomorrow night.

She: No! I need a night out to get my mind off things if that's okay with you.

He: Sure thing. I'm looking forward to it. Hope you sleep well. Have a good evening. I'll see you tomorrow at 7.

She: See you then!

If she'd said she really would like a rain check because she's exhausted from the week's events, the courteous thing to do is offer one.

Since you've never been out, it's awkward to call a relative stranger to discuss an ill family member.

It's not so odd that she wasn't in contact until Friday night. She was likely trying to touch base because she knew you two had plans.

Believe it or not, most women don't make plans, ignore a man on purpose, then show up for a free dinner.

If I couldn't be bothered to talk to a guy (provided I was free that week and not trying to attend a hospitalized parent), I damned sure wouldn't wanna waste my time getting dressed for dinner.

I think you made a big deal out of nothing.

I guess since dating is always about games, I automatically thought she was lying when she sent the text so I didn't even bother to mention the date. I figure that she used a sick family member because the excuse a easy way out of a date because most people won't question it.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:52 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Quote:
I guess since dating is always about games, I automatically thought she was lying when she sent the text so I didn't even bother to mention the date. I figure that she used a sick family member because the excuse a easy way out of a date because most people won't question it.

TVSG, I met a guy about the time my Aunt was coming to stay with me and told him so when he called me for a date. He, probably didn't believe me either, because he called me to go out several times that week and I told him the same thing. On the day she left he was ready to give up. Long story short I actually did have my Aunt at my home and he and I ended up dating for 3 years.

I gave him a break for persistence that wasn't really overboard and because he was funny.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:56 AM

936 posts, read 2,061,172 times
Quote:
But that's about YOU, not her. You assumed she was lying about her father's being sick. From this and your other posts, it looks like not only did you run this date into a ditch all by yourself, but that you're the one playing the games here, not the women.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:08 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock1729 View Post
But that's about YOU, not her. You assumed she was lying about her father's being sick. From this and your other posts, it looks like not only did you run this date into a ditch all by yourself, but that you're the one playing the games here, not the women.
What's even sadder (pathetic might be a better word) is that after deciding she was lying he blew her off without making any attempt to talk to her and then found out that her father was indeed sick. His loss, her definite gain.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:19 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Bad Communication skills.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:23 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
What's even sadder (pathetic might be a better word) is that after deciding she was lying he blew her off without making any attempt to talk to her and then found out that her father was indeed sick. His loss, her definite gain.
You forgot, as his final creepy act toward the poor girl he asked her to play with him for money.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:39 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You forgot, as his final creepy act toward the poor girl he asked her to play with him for money.
Monopoly money - but that's another thread.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:53 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I think I pushed it way into the recesses of my mind as the very thought of anyone suggesting something like that to anybody is just, well, revolting. One can sometimes forgive such crass behavior from a child but I'll never comprehend why a total misogynistic adult would bother to incessantly and repetitively spend so much time proving the point. Masochism perhaps?

Old 08-24-2012, 06:18 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,211,195 times
Chicks use lame excuses with guys all the time and she was lax at communicating. Especially texting at 11pm the night before, lol....

The only problem is this time the excuse turned out to be real, which TVSG had no idea of knowing. I thought the monopoly joke was ballsy and funny, but knowing that her dad really was sick , it does look to be in poor taste.

Keep on looking man !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships