Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2012, 09:22 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
wake up and smell the coffee; most people on cd advocate (albeit not openly) for a white homogeneous america

YOU wake up and smell the coffee; the majority of the time we see what we want to see or expect to see. If you leave your door expecting racism all day, you'll see it in every word, gesture and nuance -- regardless of whether it exists or not.

"Would you like cream with that?"

"OH -- because my coffee can't be BLACK? Is that it?!?"

"....?"

Old 08-19-2012, 09:24 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
YOU wake up and smell the coffee; the majority of the time we see what we want to see or expect to see. If you leave your door expecting racism all day, you'll see it in every word, gesture and nuance -- regardless of whether it exists or not.

"Would you like cream with that?"

"OH -- because my coffee can't be BLACK? Is that it?!?"

"....?"
Spot on.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:28 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
What exactly is a nieve?

I looked it up.

nieve

1   [neev, neef] Show IPA
noun Archaic Northern British and Scot. Dialect . a clenched or closed hand; fist.

And your profile says your an English teacher. LOL!
If you know Spanish or ever cared to learn the language, nieve means snow. It is similar to the French word niege which also means snow.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:28 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I don't think I'm naive. I'm quite experienced in a host of social circles. I'm just intolerant of stupidity. I'm not PC enough to give a free pass to low EQ, crude oafs. There's quite a bit of that on this forum, so it may seem that I'm generally less accepting, but in reality it's very specific.
Of course you don't, That's my point and example of the condescending "I'm always right and your always wrong" tone that you always display On these boards in thread after thread after thread

Your in your own little box, and anyone or anything that differs from what you believe/seen it has to be wrong. There's never just, maybe we have different opinions or hes/she had different Experiences. I don't think your used to your beliefs being challenged or hearing different view points in your normal life, so when it happens online, your surprised and go on page long rant after rant until that other person sees your point of view

A lot Of the time, it seems like you argue JUST for the sake of arguing

Last edited by BradPiff; 08-19-2012 at 09:44 AM..

Old 08-19-2012, 09:32 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Holy cow. Even I read this and think you are one racist mo-fo.
Mo-fo is a funny word. I use it quite a bit. Lighten up.

It's obvious this woman, the OP, has some "rebellion" or "flouting of convention" issues.

BTW, speaking of coffee, did you ever see "Airplane?" Great stuff. I don't know which was funnier:
1) Young girl, "I take my coffee black, like my men,"
2) Black guy, "Slide me a porter" with subtitles "I'll have a steak," or
3) Pilot, "Have you ever seen a grown man naked?"

Crazy $hit!

Old 08-19-2012, 09:34 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Mo-fo is a funny word. I use it quite a bit. Lighten up.

It's obvious this woman, the OP, has some "rebellion" or "flouting of convention" issues.

BTW, speaking of coffee, did you ever see "Airplane?" Great stuff. I don't know which was funnier:
1) Young girl, "I take my coffee black, like my men,"
2) Black guy, "Slide me a porter" with subtitles "I'll have a steak," or
3) Pilot, "Have you ever seen a grown man naked?"

Crazy $hit!

Dude, there IS no "lighten up" with regard to what you wrote back there. It was effed-up and I'm amazed you haven't the sense to see it!

Old 08-19-2012, 09:35 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Correct, especially if she wasn't marrying a black doctor or lawyer who had dropped the Ebonics and all the 'hood baggage a long time ago. We know nothing about the types of black men she dated.

It's called "forward thinking."

Yeah pretty racist, but pretty common on CD and elsewhere.

More annoying are the non-racist white posters who like to make excuses for or make like this sort of behavior is some sort of outlier both online and in real life. "White men don't like to be with women who have been with black men? Shocking, why I've never heard of such a thing!"

Who are you trying to fool?

Old 08-19-2012, 09:35 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Heck, I've even gotten open relief from white guys who are interested in me when they've found out that I haven't been with a black guy yet. And I'm black myself.
Ive seen white guys throw themselves at yuppie black women in NYC as well as vice versa. Its not a race thing its more class. But this is from my observation. I also find these type of black women hot. Especially the ones with no kids.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:37 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Yeah pretty racist, but pretty common on CD and elsewhere.

More annoying are the non-racist white posters who like to make excuses for or make like this sort of behavior is some sort of outlier both online and in real life. "White men don't like to be with women who have been with black men? Shocking, why I've never heard of such a thing!"

People are living in a bubble and can't accept reality

Old 08-19-2012, 09:40 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Dude, there IS no "lighten up" with regard to what you wrote back there. It was effed-up and I'm amazed you haven't the sense to see it!
I guess I don't because all of my friends would probably view it the same way. It's a question of values. It's also a question of reality. The reality that there are different striations of men, including white ones, that shouldn't be fathering their children and, deep down, these women know that and still continue to make bad choices, in concert with poor self-esteem. And then they're looking for a "white knight" to step in? Give me a break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships