Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2012, 12:19 PM

37 posts, read 84,214 times

Advertisements

So, I don't get to date much. I live out of two places an hour away from each other, weekends at one place, weekdays another. This, plus my hobbies, kills my time. On top of that , I don't have a huge circle of friends, though I'm trying to get more. I should probably internalize that, but I still feel like a loser because I can't get a date. Though maybe I actually can, I just don't try often enough/don't even get to try. How often do you date? How often do you manage to get a date? Know any busy people like me who also have trouble getting dates?
I'm thinking part of it with people who have an easy time getting dates is that they use that word broadly. I'm not, I'm being specific that it's a somewhat fancy thing, and we go out at night, have dinner, we're officially dating. Do a lot of people use the term broadly? Because getting a simple hang-out, that yeah I can manage. Is that all that people are talking about? Daytime/ lunch/small stuff?

And one thing that I can't square is, like, OK, I want to find a wife eventually, someone I'm really compatible with. But I don't know that many people, and I hardly ever hang out with anyone that much to know them that well, at least so far. But lets face it, men and women hanging out that much and really getting to know each other as friends isn't that common. I can't see it happening in my life.
But then dating is limited in terms of really getting to know a person, too. I mean I've seen it written that the two people only really show their true selves after dating for quite a while. Do you find this to be true? So would an extension of that be not to expect much from datnig at first? Are people just going through other people until they find something special?

Am I just putting too much stress on it? Too much waiting for some romantic ideal where I find a special person?
See but there's the thing about that, there are guys who are good at getting girls, at being superficially entertaining. Shouldn't I try to do that if let's say I want some sex at least in the interim (it's been a while for me, I used to not get out much)? Or more importantly to try to find a special girl? Gotta hook them first?

Thoughts? Your dating habits so far?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships