Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2012, 10:54 AM

551 posts, read 1,122,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narv View Post
That they are attracted to a guy ?

I learned the hard way in my life that a lot of female who were mean, distant and cold to me were sometimes into me. I missed many great opportunities with females because they just didn't show many hints of them liking me so I never tried my luck with them. I had to learn from that and sharpen my radar to better see the freaking spie-likesubtle signs that some of them sometimes let out.

Now I think I can see pretty well if a girl is into me even if she is showing signs of indifference and resistance but still, I can't stop but think how stupid this game is. You gals usually send so many mixed messages it is hard for some of us to pick up. I just can't imagine how it is to be on the ugly side and have no experience with women in general nowadays. It must be a freaking nightmare to understand and go up to women... some of you gals really don't make it easy for us.

If you are interested in a guy don't be afraid to show it in a more CLEAR way. To me it is a good sign of maturity and self confidence coming from a woman.

This right here... sir you have my vote.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:54 AM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
I'm 19, in college, and while I have in the past made an effort to let a guy know I'm interested, what typically happens when I do that is that he assumes I'm interested in having SEX with him. It has gotten to the point of absurdity...while many of my peers (both male and female) have no problem sleeping with just about anyone, that is 180 degrees from the type of person I am. So, I have reached the point where I definitely keep to myself, and focus on school, and my friends.

Take sex out of the equation, and see if it makes a difference in how you are perceived, and what type of women you attract. Just my two cents worth.
Good for you. I definitely spent too much time those first few years in college chasing women when I should have had my face in a book.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:03 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Perhaps they're hesitant because if a woman shows ANY sort of friendliness to a man, all of a sudden she 'wants him' and that opens the door to many advances she may not want. I have plenty of stories from girlfriends of mine (and a few from myself) where they are simply nice to a man and all of a sudden he starts showing up at her workplace, finds her address, shows up at her house etc etc. It's not romantic, it's creepy.

If I'm interested in a man I'll make a move. If I'm not, I'll probably be a little cold to ward off possible unwanted advances.

Didn't you do a experiment being intentionally cold to see if it attracted men?

Old 08-21-2012, 11:20 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,499 times
Quote:
I'm 19, in college, and while I have in the past made an effort to let a guy know I'm interested, what typically happens when I do that is that he assumes I'm interested in having SEX with him. It has gotten to the point of absurdity...while many of my peers (both male and female) have no problem sleeping with just about anyone, that is 180 degrees from the type of person I am. So, I have reached the point where I definitely keep to myself, and focus on school, and my friends.

Take sex out of the equation, and see if it makes a difference in how you are perceived, and what type of women you attract. Just my two cents worth.
I always wondered about that too...until a guy said point blank to me...if we ARE interested in you, then isn't it the POINT that it should lead to sex? Where, for a woman, interested may only mean "interested in seeing IF I'd consider sleeping with you"...

Old 08-21-2012, 11:21 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narv View Post
To be honest with you man I think one of the best decision any male who is having problem with women could make is to go to the gym. People talk about the physical benefits all the time but they forget about the mental benefits. I won't talk too much about them, I am sure you are smart enough to figure that out.
I have always found this notion of meeting someone at the gym curious. I fully admit that there are about 50 million things I'd rather do other than exercise but I've also discovered I really like zumba and do better with it in a class than at home. However, when I exercise, I end up one seriously sweaty, hot mess and who finds that the least bit attractive?

Old 08-21-2012, 11:25 AM

864 posts, read 1,454,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
I always wondered about that too...until a guy said point blank to me...if we ARE interested in you, then isn't it the POINT that it should lead to sex? Where, for a woman, interested may only mean "interested in seeing IF I'd consider sleeping with you"...
See, that's the whole problem (for me, anyway, lol). I'm only interested in seeing if it might lead to wanting to get to KNOW someone, and go out with them...not sleep with them. Unfortunately, I'm in the minority of women who feel that way, lol.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I have always found this notion of meeting someone at the gym curious. I fully admit that there are about 50 million things I'd rather do other than exercise but I've also discovered I really like zumba and do better with it in a class than at home. However, when I exercise, I end up one seriously sweaty, hot mess and who finds that the least bit attractive?
My husband, and a lot of guys in general. I even find it sexy when he's that way, too.

That said, I've never liked the gym "scene" and prefer working out at home, but to each their own.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:05 PM

179 posts, read 308,704 times
Quote:
See, that's the whole problem (for me, anyway, lol). I'm only interested in seeing if it might lead to wanting to get to KNOW someone, and go out with them...not sleep with them. Unfortunately, I'm in the minority of women who feel that way, lol.
As a man who ended up marring a woman who is wonderful, but seems to intensely dislike sex, this throws up a red flag to me...it's not a "bad" thing to want to wait for sex, it's good, actually, but since I ended up in a sexless marriage, I'd advise a single guy to beware.

Does sex cross your mind at some point when you get to know a guy? Or are you satisfied without? I'm not criticizing, just curious.

I'm in no way saying that "sleeping around" is preferable, but it seems like women in general either make great wives (I mean loving, loyal, and WANT to be married to you, I'm not talking the cooking and cleaning stuff) and poor lovers, or the other way around, but never both.

(Disclaimer: my wife and I are slowly, but with some success, coming to solve our sexual mis-match, and she's trying hard to open up, so it's going well so far)

Old 08-21-2012, 12:09 PM

179 posts, read 308,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
My husband, and a lot of guys in general. I even find it sexy when he's that way, too.

That said, I've never liked the gym "scene" and prefer working out at home, but to each their own.
I hear you! I wish my wife were more willing to let me sniff/see her that way.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR76 View Post
As a man who ended up marring a woman who is wonderful, but seems to intensely dislike sex, this throws up a red flag to me...it's not a "bad" thing to want to wait for sex, it's good, actually, but since I ended up in a sexless marriage, I'd advise a single guy to beware.

Does sex cross your mind at some point when you get to know a guy? Or are you satisfied without? I'm not criticizing, just curious.

I'm in no way saying that "sleeping around" is preferable, but it seems like women in general either make great wives (I mean loving, loyal, and WANT to be married to you, I'm not talking the cooking and cleaning stuff) and poor lovers, or the other way around, but never both.

(Disclaimer: my wife and I are slowly, but with some success, coming to solve our sexual mis-match, and she's trying hard to open up, so it's going well so far)
*raises hand* Not to toot my own horn, but I think I fit the description. I'm married so I'm not offering myself up, just pointing out we exist!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships