Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 11:47 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,983,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartinNY View Post
lol
i'm serious though

most likely the girl who calls you despite having a BF is even more confused than you are

it may seem like you know what you want and how things work but you really don't

that's not an insult. no one ever "figures it all out". it's fine to be confused

part of maturity is realizing how uncertain things are and being comfortable with it

don't over-think and judge things because some girl may have not treated you well in the past. life is good

keep in mind, having girls call you in the middle of the night is a good thing, compared to not having anyone call you at all. if you keep that in mind, it won't seem so annoying or the past so sad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 11:49 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
I understand you but listen I already know what I want to do. Im not being steered anywhere because I already have my opinion prior to coming here. Im a good guy but once trust is broken that is out the window. And that is how it would always be with me, im fine. Im living and having fun, learning as I go.
You lack the capacity right now to fully comprehend all the consequences of your choices in thoughts and deeds.

Tread lightly while you are still learning.

And don't make the mistake of thinking you've got girls all figured out, because you don't.

Guard your heart, but don't encase it in bitterness.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:52 AM

551 posts, read 1,121,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
i'm serious though

most likely the girl who calls you despite having a BF is even more confused than you are

it may seem like you know what you want and how things work but you really don't

that's not an insult. no one ever "figures it all out". it's fine to be confused

part of maturity is realizing how uncertain things are and being comfortable with it

don't over-think and judge things because some girl may have not treated you well in the past. life is good

keep in mind, having girls call you in the middle of the night is a good thing, compared to not having anyone call you at all. if you keep that in mind, it won't seem so annoying or the past so sad

Nice info, i took that in. (not being sarcastic)

Old 08-21-2012, 11:52 AM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,191 times
And whatever you do wear a rubber!

Old 08-21-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You lack the capacity right now to fully comprehend all the consequences of your choices in thoughts and deeds.

Tread lightly while you are still learning.

And don't make the mistake of thinking you've got girls all figured out, because you don't.

Guard your heart, but don't encase it in bitterness.
Yeah, I wont be bitter about it. Just cautious of the things that can go on.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
And whatever you do wear a rubber!
Always.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
Since it wasn't that long ago that I was in HS, let me offer a little bit of advice/perspective. Most girls in HS act the way the ones you have described do. It's not fair, and it's not right, but it's life. It is what it is. I never did that...it's not how I was raised. How were you raised? Do you really want to start sleeping around at the age of 16? Good grief. You are supposed to be having fun at this time in your life, but keep your pants on man, and if you want to date, find a decent, normal girl who is worth your time, and DON'T jump into the physical aspect of it, because it sounds like you aren't emotionally ready for that. You don't have the right to think with your penis if you want to mature to be the kind of guy most mature women would just about give their left arm for! And this is going to sound very square" of me, but WHAT would your mom say if she heard you say that? Seriously? I was brought up in a home where what my parents thought of me mattered very much, where I valued their opinion, and respected what they had to say.
No, i was taught proper and experience molded me this way. Mom and dad always said treat a woman right and all of those things. When I am with a girl I treat them right and I stay true to her. But its like when ever I do that, eventually something bad happens so I decide to stay single and do my thing. Times are changing, being 16 back then and now are worlds apart. This technology we have plays a big part. Girls are much more faster now IMO seriously i may be 16 but think about what I said.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:02 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,103 times
If you feel like you're doing something wrong (or assisting another in doing something wrong), then stop.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:07 PM

864 posts, read 1,454,420 times
Quote:
No, i was taught proper and experience molded me this way. Mom and dad always said treat a woman right and all of those things. When I am with a girl I treat them right and I stay true to her. But its like when ever I do that, eventually something bad happens so I decide to stay single and do my thing. Times are changing, being 16 back then and now are worlds apart. This technology we have plays a big part. Girls are much more faster now IMO seriously i may be 16 but think about what I said.
Back then? lol I'm 19....I was 16 only 3.5 years ago. It hasn't changed since then. Sure, there were plenty of mind-game-playing girls at my HS. And yes, you will come across girls who will cheat on you, just like girls will come across guys who will play mind games, and also cheat. I didn't date those types of guys THEN, and I don't NOW.

You can make the choice to live your life with standards (such as not wanting to get involved with girls who act like your friend) and morals (not jumping into bed with a girl so quickly), and you will be far more likely to find a girl who also has morals and doesn't play those types of games. Or, you can continue on like you've been. Your choice. I can't tell you how many guys I've come across in my age range (I date guys who are between 20-25 years of age) who complain about the bad choices they've made, and how badly they've been treated by women. I want to tell them, "Dude, you LET it happen, and YOU are responsible for the choices you made." Think about that.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:09 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,983,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Honestly, I wish posters had to put their age next to their names so that regulars like us could realize what we are dealing with before we spend too much time trying to help.
actually LM the younger people are the more likely they are to be open minded and receptive to advice

consider all thick headed nonsense spewed by adults, even seniors, here. many clearly will never learn anything regarding their problems
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships