Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 09:39 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,725,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Glad you posted this. I was going to say something to this effect to YJ earlier, when he was complaining about his "friends" that had children, that he didn't see why he had to adjust his schedule for someone else's kids. I don't go out during the week because I am either at the gym, or working late, or doing yardwork. I don't have the freakin' time. I get invited, but I rarely make it. It doesn't make a damn bit of different what the priority is...it's simply that everyone has their own. Why anyone would think that everyone would/should always want to drop everything in their life to go "have a drink" or do whatever, is beyond me. People have lives. At least most of us do.
LOL...Aaaaaamen. For many of those people, running out to have a drink in the bar is pretty close to the bottom of their "what I love most to do" list! "Hey, let's do something REALLY exciting! Let's go pay 10x what it's worth, to have a drink and watch other people make fools of themselves!" Yeah, that sounds exciting. Even more exciting is, "Hey, I think I'll leave the people I love the most and go hang out with someone who RESENTS and despises the people I love the most!"

Old 08-27-2012, 02:41 AM

837 posts, read 1,287,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I have met men who casually say that eventually they would have children, but I've met MANY women who are so scared of that biological clock. The priority seems to be to find a man to marry in order to have children. Often, when they do have kids the sex drive goes right out the door. I can understand why some men consider themselves trapped.

I think this is a left brain/right brain thing and women tend to be driven by their emotions and not logic in these matters.

There are women who actually only find infants and very young children attractive. As soon as a child reaches some ability to reason these women lose interest. Often, they will nag their husbands for another child.

A lot of dysfunctional people breed. Maybe they just need something that's not so smart that looks up to them. Maybe a pet would do better than a kid.
It's a very serious problem in today's society. I could understand my parents and grandparents having children because they were supposed to. Back then you didn't question these issues. You married and had children and that was it. What you wanted or what you though was irrelevant.

However, there's no reason for it to happen these days. And I can speak of my brother, who had his second child just to shut up his wife (or was it her mother?)

Old 08-27-2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virijat View Post
It's a very serious problem in today's society. I could understand my parents and grandparents having children because they were supposed to. Back then you didn't question these issues. You married and had children and that was it. What you wanted or what you though was irrelevant.

However, there's no reason for it to happen these days. And I can speak of my brother, who had his second child just to shut up his wife (or was it her mother?)
Hmmmm so you're saying that your brother's actions were ruled by emotions and not logic? Wow!! Well...there goes that stereotypical theory, that men are ruled by logic and women are ruled by emotions!!

Old 08-27-2012, 06:23 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Given who perpetrates the majority of violent crime, I would say that the whole Man=calm logic and Women=emotional basket case theory was dead in the water LONG ago.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Given who perpetrates the majority of violent crime, I would say that the whole Man=calm logic and Women=emotional basket case theory was dead in the water LONG ago.

Hahaha Ya think so?! Why is that ratio so different, I wonder? Let's see, logic says...."If I let my emotions dictate my actions....I'm going to get into trouble with the law!" Oh.... guess I won't let THAT happen! Yep...dead in the water a long time ago. The majority of women have enough "willpower" to stop themselves beFORE the law has to be called!

Old 08-27-2012, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Hmmmm so you're saying that your brother's actions were ruled by emotions and not logic? Wow!! Well...there goes that stereotypical theory, that men are ruled by logic and women are ruled by emotions!!
I don't know what ruled his actions. He enjoys a little side fun with other ladies so following his wife's wishes is a good way to shut her up.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:09 AM

Quote:
I don't know what ruled his actions. He enjoys a little side fun with other ladies so following his wife's wishes is a good way to shut her up.
Ah....so your brother is as illogical as they come. Clearly, he's ruled by his penis. What a scumbag.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:12 AM

He's probably just another guy who realised the huge mistake he made when he said 'Yes'. There's a few more years to go until the kids reach 18.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
He's probably just another guy who realised the huge mistake he made when he said 'Yes'. There's a few more years to go until the kids reach 18.
Lots of people realize they made a mistake....not all of them are scumbags about it. IMHO, it's your SIL who made the biggest mistake here, by marrying such a douche.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:23 AM

Well, she's not really the easiest person, can't blame him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships