Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 08:18 PM

15 posts, read 46,297 times

Advertisements

After he proposed to me last Christmas( We've in distance relationship for 2 years)I moved and transferred college from California to a small town in Ohio to be with him. We got an apartment together( the lease was on his name) I got so excited for having my fairytale wedding!!! I bought a huge sectional couch , bed , kitchen table, dishes. It cost me all 3000$. A couple weeks later, He started treating me bad.Every time he get angry , he start telling me bad and mean words. He yelled at me and threaten to take keep all my furniture and make me out . He even started sending dirty text to girls. I couldn't live anymore with him , so I moved back to CA. However, before I leave his apartment , I cut the couch the Mattress and I throw everything I bought in the garbage ( I know it is crazy but it I didn't want him to use it)

After , I left Ohio, he got angry that I cut the couch , he got everything I through out from the garbage , he even fix the couch and the bed. he is a mama's boy. His mother sent me mean texts ( I did nothing bad to her , I always respected her) he talked bad shiit about me to his friends. It hurt me so much because I loved him so much.

Now he wanna get back with me , I still love him so much but IM worried to get hurt and I dnt wanna have have a long distance relationship again. I wish he could move and live with me in CA , treat me good and make me feel special. Now he is contacting me and telling me sweet words and i just descover he is on dating website . i feel like he is usng me for company .
I feel so sad and alone now .I never been hurt so much in my life and i don't know what to do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 08:25 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
What do I think you should do?

Find some self-esteem for starters.

This guy is a loser and you need to move on and grow up some more before you try playing house with anyone again.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:27 PM

41 posts, read 39,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elina 002 View Post
After he proposed to me last Christmas( We've in distance relationship for 2 years)I moved and transferred college from California to a small town in Ohio to be with him. We got an apartment together( the lease was on his name) I got so excited for having my fairytale wedding!!! I bought a huge sectional couch , bed , kitchen table, dishes. It cost me all 3000$. A couple weeks later, He started treating me bad.Every time he get angry , he start telling me bad and mean words. He yelled at me and threaten to take keep all my furniture and make me out . He even started sending dirty text to girls. I couldn't live anymore with him , so I moved back to CA. However, before I leave his apartment , I cut the couch the Mattress and I throw everything I bought in the garbage ( I know it is crazy but it I didn't want him to use it)

After , I left Ohio, he got angry that I cut the couch , he got everything I through out from the garbage , he even fix the couch and the bed. he is a mama's boy. His mother sent me mean texts ( I did nothing bad to her , I always respected her) he talked bad shiit about me to his friends. It hurt me so much because I loved him so much.

Now he wanna get back with me , I still love him so much but IM worried to get hurt and I dnt wanna have have a long distance relationship again. I wish he could move and live with me in CA , treat me good and make me feel special. Now he is contacting me and telling me sweet words and i just descover he is on dating website . i feel like he is usng me for company .
I feel so sad and alone now .I never been hurt so much in my life and i don't know what to do
What is your first language?

Old 08-21-2012, 08:29 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,953,487 times
Can you name one thing positive that he brings to the relationship?

Last edited by Pikake; 08-21-2012 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: edited

Old 08-21-2012, 08:30 PM

83 posts, read 105,670 times
Don't fall for the "sweet words"....Kick him to the curb for good. If you go back it will get worse.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:42 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
Don't do it. Ignore him. You deserve better and he already had his chance.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:43 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
If this is how you all get along before the wedding, how do you think you are going to get along AFTER the wedding?

Getting married isn't some magic pill to a happy ending.

And this:
I got so excited for having my fairytale wedding!!!

Well...I would think the excitment would come from marrying the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. You are too focused on "things"...the furniture and such. It sounds like you have given more thought to those things and playing house, than to your actual partner.

My opinion, you both need to grow up a little bit before you even entertain a life-long commitment.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:54 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
He's not the person you thought he was. Tell him to stop contacting you, or just change your email address and your phone number. No more long-distance relationships. No more rushing into marriage. (Long engagements of a year or more exist for a reason.) Finish school first, get a job, be independent for awhile. Then see if you can find someone who is nice to people, and who you can get to know gradually over time, seeing them regularly. In long-distance relationships, it's too easy to let your imagination fill in the blanks when you don't know the person well.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:01 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,777,416 times
He had his chance. You took a huge risk and moved across country to be with a guy that turned out to be a completely different person than you thought he was. It cost you time, money, and heartache. You have given this guy all he deserves. It's time to move on, and find someone that will treat you right.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:09 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
He had his chance. You took a huge risk and moved across country to be with a guy that turned out to be a completely different person than you thought he was. It cost you time, money, and heartache. You have given this guy all he deserves. It's time to move on, and find someone that will treat you right.
Exactly.

And why do I have a sinking feeling she used some of her student loan money to buy all that furniture and finance her move?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships