Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 06:56 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
I'm lucky, have had some rejections but not many. The key is I do my homework before going in for the kill.
If the signals aren't positive, you will likely be rejected. The funny thing about human nature though is this......
When someone you are attracted to gives you the cold shoulder, or cold signals, this often only heightens your interest in them.
It doesn't for me.

I take the hint and back off.

Their loss...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 06:57 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,166,988 times
I'm so sick of seeing people whine about the whole "guys ask/pay/whatever and girls get pick & choose" stuff. It is 2012. Women ask men out. Women pay. If you're a guy and all you date are women who expect you to do the pursuing/asking/paying, ask yourself why YOU surround yourself with women like this. Maybe the problem is YOU, not the women.

Yes, I put my money where my mouth is. I have asked guys out (and subsequently, properly paid). I will continue to do so.

As for rejection, it sucks regardless of who you are -- male, female, gay, straight, whatever.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:02 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
It doesn't for me.

I take the hint and back off.

Their loss...

It generally does for me and I can even recall the last time it happened.

Was buying from a girl in retail I find/found very attractive. Her whole body language was lets get this over with, untalk-ative, didn't look me in the eye. Yes, poor customer service.....but it heightened my interest in her.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:02 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
I'm so sick of seeing people whine about the whole "guys ask/pay/whatever and girls get pick & choose" stuff. It is 2012. Women ask men out. Women pay. If you're a guy and all you date are women who expect you to do the pursuing/asking/paying, ask yourself why YOU surround yourself with women like this. Maybe the problem is YOU, not the women.

Yes, I put my money where my mouth is. I have asked guys out (and subsequently, properly paid). I will continue to do so.

As for rejection, it sucks regardless of who you are -- male, female, gay, straight, whatever.
How do you go about changing this?

I've been single for 30 years of my adult life and I have only been asked out once.

I go out more than the average person does, my age or not.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:05 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
It generally does for me and I can even recall the last time it happened.

Was buying from a girl in retail I find/found very attractive. Her whole body language was lets get this over with, untalk-ative, didn't look me in the eye. Yes, poor customer service.....but it heightened my interest in her.

I should add, it often works the same for both sexes......human nature.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:26 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,166,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
How do you go about changing this?

I've been single for 30 years of my adult life and I have only been asked out once.

I go out more than the average person does, my age or not.
The women most likely to ask YOU out are successful, educated professionals. Go where they are.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:40 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
SO what's the big deal about getting rejected anyway?

And why is it always the women/girls who do the rejecting?..
In response to bolded portion above: I honestly believe that it's intentional social engineering, unfortunately...

Old 08-22-2012, 11:14 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
because at its core, a person is telling you that your personality, feelings, etc is not good enough. Most of us like to believe that we are decent human beings, so when somebody tells you aren't good enough for them, it can hurt your self esteem.
This, exactly.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:34 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
My response for dealing with rejection - "Your loss".
I don't know if you mean that you just think that or if you actually say it, but whatever the case, it sounds bitter. Who wants to date that kind of person?

Old 08-22-2012, 12:01 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post

What does this have to do with a thread about rejection?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships