Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 06:52 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,561,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Don't think for a second that kind of rejection doesn't hurt like hell and kick a woman hard in the self-esteem.

It sure hurts a lot worse than some girl you met in a bar for 5 minutes turning you guys down for a date
Apparently, that's not supposed to hurt at all, we're supposed to be happy that we're 'good enough' for a booty call!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 07:06 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,961,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
This may seem stupid to some, But how exactly can a woman get "rejected"? especially if she doesn't put her self out there and actually ask a guy out(which most dont)

The only scenario I can personally see is the guy "rejects" you or an actual relationship and only wants you as a Bootycall
I put myself out there in subtle ways. I don't actually ask a guy out, but I'll tell him I like him or whatever. Only been rejected once, but boy do I remember it.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:58 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,178,724 times
Quote:
Don't think for a second that kind of rejection doesn't hurt like hell and kick a woman hard in the self-esteem.

It sure hurts a lot worse than some girl you met in a bar for 5 minutes turning you guys down for a date
I see what your saying, But at least you can still physically intimate with that person.(and for the record I'm not talking about random ugly losers approaching you for sex, I mean guys who approached you, you found attractive but they just wanted sex) most men don't really have that option or Are presented with that situation, if your rejected by a woman your usually rejected all the way around. There usually is no "I'm not really ready for a relationship right now" but with No strings attached sex being offered. That's something I think women take for granted

Old 08-22-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
The last guy I asked out, we chatted for an hour or so and I asked him if he'd like to go get some coffee sometime. He said 'maybe, I'm really busy' and then disappeared. I'd take that as a rejection.

I've asked out plenty of men, I've actually had 2 of them say yes, the rest have either disappeared or said 'no thanks'.
Your askin guys out though, and as long as you put yourself out there do that there's always potential to be rejected. A lot of women don't ask guys out or put themselves out there.... ever in their lives

Old 08-22-2012, 08:04 PM

29,667 posts, read 34,178,779 times
Quote:
Your askin guys out though, and as long as you put yourself out there do that there's always potential to be rejected. A lot of women don't ask guys out or put themselves out there.... ever in their lives
And if they never get asked out, isn't that a kind of rejection?

Old 08-22-2012, 08:11 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,561,619 times
Quote:
I see what your saying, But at least you can still physically intimate with that person.(and for the record I'm not talking about random ugly losers approaching you for sex, I mean guys who approached you, you found attractive but they just wanted sex) most men don't really have that option or Are presented with that situation, if your rejected by a woman your usually rejected all the way around. There usually is no "I'm not really ready for a relationship right now" but with No strings attached sex being offered. That's something I think women take for granted
Sorry, but being thought of as 'just hot enough for sex' but not good enough for a relationship is not a compliment for most women.

In fact, I see that as a huge insult.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And if they never get asked out, isn't that a kind of rejection?
That almost never happens though. There probably more examples of voter ID fraud in the last ten years then women who go there entire lives with no guys asking them out

Old 08-22-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Sorry, but being thought of as 'just hot enough for sex' but not good enough for a relationship is not a compliment for most women.

In fact, I see that as a huge insult.
Here's the thing though, and I might be going off on a rant...

There is a lot of women who Are "ok" if you will with that situation but IMO there's also a lot who go along with that arrangement and pretend thats what they want but deep down their lying(and this has burned me one or 2 times) They're thinking that even though She can't be with him in a relationship but least She can still be with him intimately. And I think that's stupid, you should never settle for what you want in a relationship. I respect women way more for not settling for that situation if it's NOT want you really want

Old 08-22-2012, 08:51 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,493,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Yes guys DO reject and it sucks
How?

Old 08-22-2012, 10:00 PM

505 posts, read 367,174 times
Quote:
If you let the fear keep you from being in the game you miss out on a ton of fun
This is my problem.

Time for a little self re-invention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships